Coupe sub ideas

VAN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Got my Si Coupe a few days ago. Did some searching on the forum. Read about rear deck rattle fixes. Looking for ideas or what other people have done to add some low end. Hopefully low end that doesn't take the whole trunk lol
Sponsored

20ABM06MT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Si
Country flag
Hey - curious if you had any success- I have a brand new Si sedan.. some songs sound great some with heavier bass cause a slight rattle in the rear deck.. settings (treb +1 mid 0 bass + 2 sub + 3) vol usually at 20 or less...

If I place a hand into the spot behind the sub and rest it on the underside of the plastic rear deck it mutes the rattle.

not sure if I want to turn the dealer loose on it or just try to shove some foam into that hole....

Appreciate any suggestions. I did try searching and found lots of suggestions to pad the third brake light - but that doesn’t apply to the si ...

ebatr24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R, 2018 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Stuff some sound foam under it

20ABM06MT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Si
Country flag
Thanks... not to sound too newb about it but where do I find ‘sound foam?’

shoegazer

assistant to the assistant manager
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic LX Coupe 2.0 (CVT)
Country flag
Thanks... not to sound too newb about it but where do I find ‘sound foam?’
I've used laundry dryer sheets (the anti-static and scented stuff) for these purposes before with decent success.

20ABM06MT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Si
Country flag
I bought a ‘kneeling pad’ from Lowe’s... dense foam maybe .75” thick - cut it into a shape about 2x the size of a deck of cards and placed it between the plastic deck and the metal trunk frame.. took 5 min.. rattle gone..
Sponsored