Bosco72

First Name
Albert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic coupe sport
Country flag
I have a coupe sport and after couple thousand miles the car got louder.is all the trims the same or the coupe have a sporty exhaust
Sponsored

xcivicx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 SI coupe in black
Country flag
Sport models have a different exhaust, louder somewhat I guess. It took about a year and a half for me to start hearing the exhaust note on my lx hatch. So far I like the volume of the SI exhaust, and wondering if it will get louder. Only slightly over 1200 miles right now.

Daniel644

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T Sedan, 2003 Trailblazer LS, 1999 Pontiac Firebird
Country flag
in general exhaust takes time to "burn in" and will experience a tone change, I've been through it very noticeably with my Firebird and my Trailblazer, neither sound like they did when I installed them, usually the burn in is done in like 500 to 2,000 miles.

Deezy

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic LX Sedan 6MT (FC2)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Sport models have a different exhaust, louder somewhat I guess. It took about a year and a half for me to start hearing the exhaust note on my lx hatch. So far I like the volume of the SI exhaust, and wondering if it will get louder. Only slightly over 1200 miles right now.
The Sport that OP has, is a new trim for the 2019 coupes and sedans. It has the 2.0 NA motor. Nothing different about the exhaust, other than the tip being center mounted.

COOL COUPE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic SI coupe (red) Skunk 2 shift knob BOV Spacer Plate (red) K&N Panel Filter Dual Muffler Delete
Country flag
I have the Si and yes ... the exhaust is louder over time ... I have had the car for 9 months but only have 2900 miles. I recently added the K&N panel filter and do feel that the increase air or thinner material in the air box contributed to a louder over all sound. Someone once explained to me that the engine actually starts out at a "base" HP level and actually increases in HP all the way up to the first 5000 miles. Interesting... I wanted the Borla ... but ... maybe I will just live with the stock exhaust ... at RPMS over 4k for a STOCK system ... its actually pretty good.

OP
OP
Bosco72

Bosco72

First Name
Albert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic coupe sport
Country flag
Ok thanks my mother has the civic sedan with the 2 mufflers and I don't remember it being as loud as mine.

REBELXSi

Señor Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Si coupe RIP, '20 CRV EX-L Hybrid
Country flag
I have the Si and yes ... the exhaust is louder over time ... I have had the car for 9 months but only have 2900 miles. I recently added the K&N panel filter and do feel that the increase air or thinner material in the air box contributed to a louder over all sound. Someone once explained to me that the engine actually starts out at a "base" HP level and actually increases in HP all the way up to the first 5000 miles. Interesting... I wanted the Borla ... but ... maybe I will just live with the stock exhaust ... at RPMS over 4k for a STOCK system ... its actually pretty good.
I couldn't stand my Si exhaust. It was the quietest sporty car ever. Even when I was getting on it hard, all I'd hear was engine noise. Fixed the problem with a muffler delete.

Maroco

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Honda civic lx 2020 civic si
Country flag
I couldn't stand my Si exhaust. It was the quietest sporty car ever. Even when I was getting on it hard, all I'd hear was engine noise. Fixed the problem with a muffler delete.
How many miles where you at when you did the muffler delete?

REBELXSi

Señor Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Si coupe RIP, '20 CRV EX-L Hybrid
Country flag