SpinRush

First Name
Big Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8 ( Waiting )
Country flag
We are talking style and price point here. What do you think?

Honda Civic 10th gen Corvette C8 vs Honda NSX, thoughts? DFF3CC09-8B77-48D9-9F79-D09499993816

Honda Civic 10th gen Corvette C8 vs Honda NSX, thoughts? 96A910CD-5B78-4290-B83F-3F26F9A92FC4

Honda Civic 10th gen Corvette C8 vs Honda NSX, thoughts? C918DCF7-8D7C-48D8-ACEE-40626AF5A388

Honda Civic 10th gen Corvette C8 vs Honda NSX, thoughts? 570690AF-E8D4-4225-B77E-A1225CE53D45

Honda Civic 10th gen Corvette C8 vs Honda NSX, thoughts? 295EBD33-F02F-4203-AB7D-EE76010C9C12

kperalta

AluminiumCivic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
Well personally I'd consider the Acura NSX a luxury sports coupe meant to compete with exotic brands whereas the Corvette is just an American sports car icon meant for men having a middle age crisis.

TypeSiR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1.5T Civic, Fit, MX-5, CTR
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Muscle car + money down for a rental property. A no-brainer.

charleswrivers

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Odyssey, '94 300zx, 2001 F-150
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Well... an NSX is 2.5x what a base Vette will be. A Z06 and ZR1 will still be far cheaper. For the sake of value, I don't think the NSX can compete. I think there are a lot of folks that would choose to get in a Corvette. I think the folks who get in an NSX are either 1) specifically wanting an NSX or 2) place prestige or badging over dollar/performance.

Honestly... I don't consider Acura a brand that has much prestige. Acuras have, to me, fell into the realm of 'nice Honda' and Acura is swinging for the fences on the Acura and has priced it beyond what it should be competing against... as I don't think folks who would be willing to spend well over $100k for a car would choose. While the earlier NSX is a modern classic... I also am hesitant to think of hybrid/electric vehicles in the same vein... as I question whether or not they're modular enough to allow for component replacements needed... and for a 2nd or 3rd hand owner years down the road... I think the NSX sound like a worse proposition. Very high initial price. Low numbers. Likely poor parts availability. Battery tech that will be superceded in the coming years. A badge that also just refreshes most of the Honda platforms (my God... they have a model that's the gen 9 Civic chassis and powertrain).

I don't mean to be down on Acura in general. My RSXs were great. But they were all bought used for cheap. As a new car... I think they would have been a good value. I think the TL... especially the AWD late models were cool. TLXs are Ok. It's just... well... a quasi-lux brand that redoes the cheaper Hondas. The NSX seems like a reach. It's so beyond Halo car in cost at a mainstream dealer. I feel like it should be wearing a different badge. Just my opinion.

CVTsport18

Honda First Timer
First Name
Derrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Veloster N DCT
Country flag
We're on a Honda forum so I'm going to be in the minority here I think. The Corvette is my favorite car so I'd choose it. However, I don't think it's interior looks nearly as good as the NSX's.

saz468

First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 civic EX Aegean blue metallic
Country flag
Personally I think it was too long of a wait for the vette too be mid engine it should of been done in the seventies like it was planned plus American cars have horrible interiors. What happened after the fifties American cars had the best interiors better then exotic European cars of the times and the sixties came and that’s it just plane interiors what’s with the buttons on the vette ? Nah I like the Acura

BriteBlue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic EX-L
Country flag
Corvette gets the win. Nothing against the NSX, but I don't think it's worth $100K more even if it has a nicer interior.

racer

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si sedan.
Country flag
The Corvette looks like a fantastic performance bargain, even if you won't find one for $60K , perhaps ever! It always has been a great value. It also has had great performance. Ride quality and other intangibles leave it lacking.. It tends to be crude, simple and effective.

The Acura was designed to be different. An AWD Hybrid "supercar". Based on the success of the original NSX, its seen as a "daily driver" Ferrari. Its been a flop. I think Hybrids are falling out of favor. That full Electrics are viewed as "more modern" and therefore, on some levels, more desirable.

Honda should move the NSX to that arena as a tech leader. For a car that's only 3 years old, it "feels" like its 10 years old to me for some reason. The counterpoint to the hybrid/electric car owner is the buyer who wants a complete throwback. Give me a massive V-8 with gobs of power and lets get rid of these fossil fuels in style ;)

Style winner - NSX
Value - Corvette

I'm curious to see how the new C8 eats into Porsche sales... hmm.. 4cyl turbo Boxster/Cayman at 60-80K or ripsnorting V8 C8 instead!

charleswrivers

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Odyssey, '94 300zx, 2001 F-150
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
That's in interesting point. I'd kind of thought that it was definitely a showcase for what Honda/Acura is capable of.

One thing with that... I thought the Prelude served in that regard in a lot of ways. It was a nice-for-it's time low-volume-selling coupe that seemed to get some goodies early on. Even the word "Prelude" means "an action or event serving as an introduction to something more important". So... even if it wasn't halo-y compared to a lot of other makers, I kind of always saw the Prelude as serving that role. I never had one... kind of always wanted one and miss the fact they don't have it in their lineup. I was a little conflicted in getting my RSXs because, despite being an older car with an older engine design, I thought the 5th gen Prelude was still relevant and competitive against the RSX when I bought my first one back in '09.

It still seems like as a Halo car... it's just priced so far outside of the rest of the line it sort of fails to be relevant to the brand. As a 'nicer Civic' that shows off the Hybrid powertrain, I also think the Insight checks those boxes while remaining accessible... albeit with Honda badging. I mean... it having all those driver modes that lets the drive be customized really is pretty awesome and, to me, shows it to really be a drivers car. I see some of those kind of neat things, like the all-electric silent mode on the NSX, as being similarly gimmicky and cool. The damn thing just costs as much as my house.

boosted180sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2016 ILX
Country flag
I like the NSX.
But at that price range, id rather buy a GT3. I just don't think the NSX is worth that amount of money no matter how well the car handles and runs.

I don't think there is no other car that matches the C8 corvette in that price range (~75-80k realistically). It looks exotic and still has that naturally aspirated V8 while most exotics are moving onto turbochargers. The ZL1 is rumored to have the 4.4L? twin turbo or something and that was kind of a disappointment for me.

i mean look at the profile of this car with the Z51 package and carbon aero ... it looks so good and its "affordable" compared to exotics.
Honda Civic 10th gen Corvette C8 vs Honda NSX, thoughts? lqprhb2-

r.camlin

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
The NSX is cool and all, but I'd take the Corvette hands down.

It's way more attractive and aggressive looking (I hate the side mirrors that stick out a mile on the NSX) and more affordable by an order of magnitude. You simply get more car for the money.

The only thing I think the NSX is winning on is the interior.

NoelPR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21' Ridgeline RTL-E (Thanks to the CTR markups)
Country flag
I would take the Corvette hands down.
NSX is very nice but the price is absurd.
Sponsored