First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche GT3, 07 Civic Si, 17 Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Here is all the pipes that I wrapped. I haven't decided yet, if I am going to wrap the rubber hoses around the turbo yet. And to put it out there, I am not a professional, nor to I have OCD when I wrapped the pipes. I was cold when I did some of them, as when I had the propane heater on, condensation formed on everything. So, it might be overkill, or might not have done enough. So trial and error will be needed. So, if you need to take any, all or none of my ideas to make it work for you, have at it. Just trying to mitigate some of the issues that might arise during track sessions.

Honda Civic 10th gen Cooling Mods 20180131_165749

Honda Civic 10th gen Cooling Mods 20180131_165731

Honda Civic 10th gen Cooling Mods 20180131_165716

Honda Civic 10th gen Cooling Mods 20180131_165629

Honda Civic 10th gen Cooling Mods 20180131_165604

Honda Civic 10th gen Cooling Mods 20180129_202343

Honda Civic 10th gen Cooling Mods 20180131_170408

sushi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic type R
I like the idea of a louver over the turbo. If done correctly, it might look sharp.

OP
OP

SoCal_R

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Type R, 2016 GT350
Country flag
Here is all the pipes that I wrapped. I haven't decided yet, if I am going to wrap the rubber hoses around the turbo yet. And to put it out there, I am not a professional, nor to I have OCD when I wrapped the pipes. I was cold when I did some of them, as when I had the propane heater on, condensation formed on everything. So, it might be overkill, or might not have done enough. So trial and error will be needed. So, if you need to take any, all or none of my ideas to make it work for you, have at it. Just trying to mitigate some of the issues that might arise during track sessions.

20180131_165749.jpg

20180131_165731.jpg

20180131_165716.jpg

20180131_165629.jpg

20180131_165604.jpg

20180129_202343.jpg

20180131_170408.jpg

Looks great. I had the same idea with cutting the hood and creating vents for the hot air to pass through. Since the hood scoop doesn't really bring air in to any of the cooling components, I was looking at the carbon fiber universal hood vents from APR.

I'll look into the oil cooler. Have you taken your front bumper off yet? I had an idea with that to create an additional air channel. With the driver side fog light area being completely closed off, I thought of removing the black panel and shaving the back side and creating a mesh grill look and seeing if there would be a way to mount the oil cooler there. On the track, I won't be going over 130ish anyways so increased drag isn't a concern. I went this route on my GT350 with opening the front bumper and it worked well. I would like to avoid just placing the oil cooler in the same air channel that is used to cool the intercooler and radiator.

NMRod

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8
Vehicle Showcase
if his bumper isnt off now it will be shortly, but maybe you can use the openings that are already on the passanger side, I too not really wanting to stuff more items in the center. Some needs to make quality body pieces for the front to get the damn air in there. Id much prefer that method over throwing coolers at it.

Banshee

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Looks great. I had the same idea with cutting the hood and creating vents for the hot air to pass through. Since the hood scoop doesn't really bring air in to any of the cooling components, I was looking at the carbon fiber universal hood vents from APR.

I'll look into the oil cooler. Have you taken your front bumper off yet? I had an idea with that to create an additional air channel. With the driver side fog light area being completely closed off, I thought of removing the black panel and shaving the back side and creating a mesh grill look and seeing if there would be a way to mount the oil cooler there. On the track, I won't be going over 130ish anyways so increased drag isn't a concern. I went this route on my GT350 with opening the front bumper and it worked well. I would like to avoid just placing the oil cooler in the same air channel that is used to cool the intercooler and radiator.
The bumper is off. The oil cooler sits low enough to get fresh air, but doesn't impede much, if any of the intercooler. It MAY take up to the first bar, so I think it would be a small price to pay for a piece of mind. I am adding an oil temp probe, and an oil pressure probe to the sandwich plate for the oil cooler also.

Vaders CTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 CLA 45 AMG & '22 Ariel Atom 4
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I have wrapped my exhaust in the past. I have also used Jet Hot coating before. Have any of you considered that before? The differences in engine temps were immediate after I had that done in the engine bay on my exhaust manifolds, crossover pipe, and downpipe. You can have the exhaust housing of the turbo coated as well. I didn't have mine at the time or I would had it coated as well. I might do that on the CTR when I get the downpipe, front pipe, and exhaust.

https://www.jet-hot.com/

Banshee

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
They have some ceramic that they can coat them. I think there is a manufacturer that can have them coated, or have some metal slagging(not sure if that's the right term) spoy welded on too. I wrapped my down pipe with the DEI titanium lava wrap. USR can wrap their downpipe if you wanted also. I just wrap mine down to the mid pipe connection, plus wrap the turbo, to try and tame some of the heat

CivicR316

First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 honda civic type r and a 2013 chevy silverado hd
Country flag
The full race radiator wont be done till april i have had mine on order sinse november just was told today that it will be done around april just to give ya a heads up
United Speed Racing supplied oil cooler
http://www.unitedspeedracing.com/index.php?id_product=119&controller=product

Turbo Blanket
http://www.unitedspeedracing.com/index.php?id_product=121&controller=product

I have not run an aftermarket radiator. Full Race also has an aftermarket radiator.
https://www.full-race.com/store/hon...fk8/2017-honda-civic-type-r-radiator-upgrade/

Lava wrap down pipes, put on heat reflective tape around oil lines and coolant lines near turbo.

JLOracing

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type-R Time Attack, 2007 Honda Fit Sport Time Attack, 2009 Honda Fit Sport Time Attack, 2009 Honda fit Sport World Challenge TCB, 2012 Honda Fit Sport daily, 1996 Honda Civic Coupe endurance road race, 1999 Honda Civic Hatchback rallycross, 1971 Datsun 510 Coupe project track car
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

Banshee

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

JLOracing

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type-R Time Attack, 2007 Honda Fit Sport Time Attack, 2009 Honda Fit Sport Time Attack, 2009 Honda fit Sport World Challenge TCB, 2012 Honda Fit Sport daily, 1996 Honda Civic Coupe endurance road race, 1999 Honda Civic Hatchback rallycross, 1971 Datsun 510 Coupe project track car
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I think I know the one your talking about, how did you attach the Type-R logo? Just glued it?
I bought a second emblem from dealer and drilled it for the small locator pins, then used the double sided tape and put a bit of hot glue on the pins

jjerror

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 CW CTR, BMW Z4M, Toyota Sienna
Country flag
Anyone heard of this ?

Sponsored