Converting Non touch screen to touch screen?

U.S.C

First Name
Bo
Threads
Reaction score
Website
instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatchback
Country flag
I have a 2019 civic hatchback EX and it has the crappy radio. No touchscreen just the old cheap one.
My question is this!!
Could I buy the touchscreen one that comes with the other models and install it? Obviously there would need to be extra stuff added but would must the features work? Or would it not even be worth it ?
Sponsored

jdmsleepr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic LX
Country flag
I have a 2019 civic hatchback EX and it has the crappy radio. No touchscreen just the old cheap one.
My question is this!!
Could I buy the touchscreen one that comes with the other models and install it? Obviously there would need to be extra stuff added but would must the features work? Or would it not even be worth it ?
In my opinion it was worth it. I was able to do the whole swap for a little over $300. Everything you need to know to do the swap is in that tutorial. I've also since doing the radio upgrade, changed to the digital gauge cluster and EXL steering wheel with volume slider as well. Do your research and find some good prices for the parts you need

daniellee789

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Hatchback EX
Country flag
Doesn't the 2019 EX have a touchscreen? When I test drove one, it was touchscreen. It wasn't an EX-L either, it was an EX-T with cloth seats and no navigation

arsh88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Hatchback EX
Country flag
Doesn't the 2019 EX have a touchscreen? When I test drove one, it was touchscreen. It wasn't an EX-L either, it was an EX-T with cloth seats and no navigation
OP is probably Canadian. EX in canada is lx in US if I remember correctly

arsh88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Thats why EX hatchback is different from sedan. The sedan EX has the touchscreen
I have an ex hatchback and I have the touchscreen with android auto. This post makes no sense to me

er1c_b

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
LX hatchback maybe? I have the Hatchback Sport and it's been described as an LX with a bodykit. Also came with the non touch screen radio.

arsh88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
LX hatchback maybe? I have the Hatchback Sport and it's been described as an LX with a bodykit. Also came with the non touch screen radio.
yeah OP has to either have the LX or sport (hatchback) to not have the good stereo. I think in the sedan it's now LX only (sport has the good radio). OP must have been mislead with their purchase. Hopefully they didn't pay EX price for an LX.

OP
OP
U.S.C

U.S.C

First Name
Bo
Threads
Reaction score
Website
instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatchback
Country flag
My bad guys I do have the LX lol. I was confused as well.