OP
OP

various cheeses

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Porsche Cayman
Country flag
One other thing, hard to say what the future holds, but the CTR may prove to be a moment in time car. Honda building their best driver's car with a proper manual gearbox, no electric motors, and for a modern car a very 'pure' driving experience. I like to think the next generation will be a better version of the FK8, but for all we know it'll have electric motors and a DSG gearbox. If this is the last of the Honda driver's cars as we know them, you'll be very happy to have owned one.
Yeah this hits the nail on the head. I was looking at one hard last year when we were talking about kids. There just aren't a lot of decent 4-door manuals out there anymore, especially without any electronic nannies. I feel like this is very much an "end of an era" type of car, which is why I want one.
Sponsored

123sillyboy123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I, on the way hand, keep looking a cayman.. haha.. I really like how it's sporty contour ... but the one I really really want is GT4.
with two young children and a mortgage, I doubt i would be able to get the car anytime soon.

how do you like the cayman so far? I might just jump onto cayman S to begin with.

OP
OP

various cheeses

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Porsche Cayman
Country flag
I, on the way hand, keep looking a cayman.. haha.. I really like how it's sporty contour ... but the one I really really want is GT4.
with two young children and a mortgage, I doubt i would be able to get the car anytime soon.

how do you like the cayman so far? I might just jump onto cayman S to begin with.
The base 2.7 is a bit low on torque, and you'll probably notice it coming from the CTR (or E46 M3 like I did). It feels good to wring it out on the street, since it's not powerful enough to really get you in trouble, but still fast and agile enough to be fun. The S has more torque I'm sure, but I haven't driven one to tell you exactly how much. The 981 GT4s may be coming down in price eventually, since the newer 718 GT4s kept the NA 6cyl. It has tons of cargo space with two trunks, and was great on long trips. I did 12 hours in a single day with no problem. No major issues with the cars except for the door panels warping (possibly fixed by part revision), the ignition coils sometimes crapping out (possibly fixed by part revision), and the GT4s having 3rd gear issues.

.grimace

First Name
Byron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda CTR, 2022 Range Rover , 1990 CRX SI
Country flag
As stated before I owned a 2014 cayman a at the same time as my ctr. Have since sold the cayman s for a 911 but I enjoyed the civic on the street more than the cayman s. Cayman really needs to be revved out which is awesome on track but on the street a bit tough to do.

123sillyboy123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The base 2.7 is a bit low on torque, and you'll probably notice it coming from the CTR (or E46 M3 like I did). It feels good to wring it out on the street, since it's not powerful enough to really get you in trouble, but still fast and agile enough to be fun. The S has more torque I'm sure, but I haven't driven one to tell you exactly how much. The 981 GT4s may be coming down in price eventually, since the newer 718 GT4s kept the NA 6cyl. It has tons of cargo space with two trunks, and was great on long trips. I did 12 hours in a single day with no problem. No major issues with the cars except for the door panels warping (possibly fixed by part revision), the ignition coils sometimes crapping out (possibly fixed by part revision), and the GT4s having 3rd gear issues.
what's the 3rd gear issue with 718 GT4?

My ctr has 2nd gear grind, it is just 3k miles.. it got better after I change the trans fluid

BryanCO

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SGP CTR, 2007 GT3, 1993 Miata
Country flag
what's the 3rd gear issue with 718 GT4?

My ctr has 2nd gear grind, it is just 3k miles.. it got better after I change the trans fluid
Manufacturing defect which effected a run of GT4s. Porsche is replacing effected transmissions under warranty.

SSchmed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cayman R, E30 M3
Country flag
The great thing about the CTR and similar cars is that they are nearly as much fun and special as a great a great sports car but are less expensive and practical.
I've toyed with selling or trading my Cayman R and getting a CTR. I absolutely love the Cayman R and I'm sure I'll miss the heck out of it, but I never drive it to work or around town very often. Just busy doing other things. The CTR is a do-it-all, so that's quite intriguing. I need more garage space!
Sponsored