nathanzachary

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si, 2004 Integra Type-R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hello all,

I have a 2017 EX-T with a K-Tuner and custom calibration done by Vit. I'm considering trading in the car for a 2020 Si and finding someone to tune it as well. Though I don't like the sporty interior of the Si as much as the more subdued EX-T, I am thinking that the performance upgrades (primarily the LSD) will be worth it.

Any thoughts?

Thanks!

Cheers,
Nathan Zachary
Sponsored

jtrader

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK7 6MT, 2018 FK7 CVT, 2022 Odyssey EXL
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Are you racing it on the track? I've driven both turbo and base Coupes/Sedans, Sport Hatches, and Si's on the street and I can't tell much of a difference performance wise when used for everyday driving. Get what you like of course, but I wouldn't expect much difference on the street between an EX-T and Si.

OP
OP

nathanzachary

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Nah, no track driving here. Just looking for some better handling. I've also considered going with a WRX (not the STi) for the AWD.

fenix-silver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Si
Country flag
Nah, no track driving here. Just looking for some better handling. I've also considered going with a WRX (not the STi) for the AWD.
The Si will handle a bit better than the EX-T due to the sportier suspension, but only you can decide if that makes it worthwhile. The LSD definitely helps with putting the power down coming out of corners. As far as a WRX, is AWD a necessity where you live? I'd have a hard time giving up the terrific fuel mileage I'm getting in my Si for that of a WRX. A set of snow tires is sufficient on my Si to get me through the winter months.

charleswrivers

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Odyssey, '94 300zx, 2001 F-150
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I've only driven the Si in this generation... but since there's not anything of note that's changed between a '17 Si to a '20 Si and your EX-T is tuned with no tracking ambitions... If stay with what you have as well... or trade for a different car that interests you. We're probably ~3 model years until gen 11. Not sure if your leasing... you've got a couple years give or take until you own on a finance or you bought outright. If your leasing and you're driving yourself towards needing another car and not wanting to the buyout... I'd definitely cross shop the competition heavily before you get in a very, very similar car. As to some of your comments... the 2020 GTI and GLI are (I believe) supposed to have 250 HP stock and have a more subdued interior and can have a LSD as well... and would definitely be worth checking out. Variety is the spice of life.

Whatever you choose Nathan... good luck. :thumbsup:

Dan9908

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Accord Sport 2.0/A10, 05 Civic LX
Country flag
My dealer has some 2018 coupes that you can likely pick up for $20k. Leftover.... black

MutatedMango

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Civic Si FC3
Country flag
Are you racing it on the track? I've driven both turbo and base Coupes/Sedans, Sport Hatches, and Si's on the street and I can't tell much of a difference performance wise when used for everyday driving. Get what you like of course, but I wouldn't expect much difference on the street between an EX-T and Si.
You don't notice an extra 30 horsepower??

Honda_RacerX

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Si
Country flag
Get the Si. It vastly outhandles the ext and the bump in power is definitely noticeable in a car this light. Its also a lot sexier.

OP
OP

nathanzachary

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
@MutatedMango, Would it really even be a +30 HP in this case since mine is tuned? I'm thinking that the top-end for power would be the same regardless of whether it is the EX-T or the Si.

@charleswrivers, thanks a lot for the insights! I think that I would more likely go with the WRX if I switched away from Honda. I don't have a problem with VW, but I'm extremely partial to Honda. So, if I'm going to switch, I think that I really would want to go with AWD.

Sigh, I know that it will likely never happen, but it sure would be neat to see either 1) a 2.0L L-series Civic that isn't the Type-R or, even better, 2) an AWD Civic.

B3B31011

First Name
Edwin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic LX
Country flag
Aren’t EXT Civics underrated? I saw somewhere that the are getting 190WHP
Sponsored