Considering trading for an Accord Sport 2.0T 10AT

Dan9908

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Accord Sport 2.0/A10, 05 Civic LX
Country flag
They sticker for $31. Your dealer is selling them at $24? For a 2.0 Sport?
Sponsored

CrippleRipple

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si (LSM)*SOLD* & 2018 Honda Accord Sport 2.0T (SNP)
Country flag
They sticker for $31. Your dealer is selling them at $24? For a 2.0 Sport?
Yes, they're just sitting on lots. No one is buying sedans......the 1.5T Sports have $3-4k discounts right now aswell. I was shocked how low all of the Accords were.......shoot there were 100+ on one dealership I looked at. My current Accord just sat on the local lot for 6 months+ and I got a good deal at $28k last spring.

I use to work at said dealership, am friends with most staff & have bought 6 or 7 Honda & Toyota/Scion vehicles from them as well.
My salesman & friend couldn't even believe the Accord/Sedan Market. He had already checked with the Sales Manager as well.
It was end of month and they needed to move total units and this car had been on the lot a long time & was the last 2.0T 10AT Sport. They ended up selling it very quickly.

Nothing got serious as my Accord was deemed repairable within a week, so never saw anything in writing but they don't bs. It all worked out in the end but I was truly shocked at some of the deals on 2.0T's!

If you are interested in them I think now is a great time to purchase! Go test drive both transmissions on the 2.0T!

MattyNice

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Loved the 2.0T sport and looked awhile back but the leases were nuts on them so I quickly passed. Sounds now would be a good time to inquire but I’m no longer interested.

Cars of every make are suffering of late. Just read article that year to date, 70% of all sales are trucks/suvs. My next vehicle will likely be an SUV myself. You can’t see shut anymore on the road if you drive a car.

CrippleRipple

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si (LSM)*SOLD* & 2018 Honda Accord Sport 2.0T (SNP)
Country flag
I originally wanted one but settled for an Si.
Crazy how much just a year makes!

My wife wanted back into an SUV too.
Her 19' Rav4 XLE Premium 8AT is very nice.
I was happy to take the 2.0T Sport off her hands and the Si's have great trade in value!

Looks like $26,900ish is now the new going starting rate for a new 2019 Honda Accord Sport 2.0T! The 2018 are even cheaper yet! Guess my salesman wasn't pulling my leg! This was just a quick look too!

Crazy value for the money!

https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-sale/vehicledetails.xhtml?listingId=519794863&zip=66502&referrer=/cars-for-sale/searchresults.xhtml?zip=66502&minPrice=25000&sortBy=derivedpriceDESC&maxPrice=27000&incremental=all&firstRecord=0&marketExtension=on&modelCodeList=ACCORD&makeCodeList=HONDA&searchRadius=0&trimCodeList=ACCORD%7CSport&transmissionCodes=AUT&minPrice=25000&numRecords=25&maxPrice=27000&firstRecord=0&modelCodeList=ACCORD&makeCodeList=HONDA&searchRadius=0&makeCode1=HONDA&modelCode1=ACCORD&clickType=listing

H3llsp4wn707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 wrx
Country flag
New Accord = Yuck! But I hate thise sportbacks or whatever so yeah.

Dan9908

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Even at $27k, and after having had an Accord Sport for a few days (1.5T), there is no way I’d make that move. To me, the Accord has swollen to a full size sedan. I much prefer and am very comfortable in an Si (sport compact)

Dan9908

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
For shlts and giggles, I inquired about a leftover 2018 2.0 Sport.

$27,100

Not a bad price, but could be better

xbbnx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Si, 2017 Si (past), 2015 Si (past)
Country flag
@zroger73, whats your new car update, did you finally get that Miata?

OP
OP
zroger73

zroger73

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 MX-5 Miata GT-S, 2021 Ridgeline RTL-E
Country flag
@zroger73, whats your new car update, did you finally get that Miata?
I did! It took me a while to find the exact configuration I wanted, but I finally found one at a dealer six hours away that had been delivered fresh from Japan a few days prior with 3 miles on the odometer. This is "Mr. Miyagi" - a 2019 MX-5 Miata GT with the GT-S package and extra-cost Soul Red Crystal paint. The GT is the top trim level that includes all the gadgets. The GT-S package includes an LSD, strut tower brace, stiffer springs, and Bilstein dampers. I'm having a blast with it on the weekends! My 2019 Ridgeline is still my daily driver, though. I sold the two motorcycles I bought earlier this year, but kept the 2019 Honda PCX150 scooter for now.

Honda Civic 10th gen Considering trading for an Accord Sport 2.0T 10AT IMG_0049

SDAlexander8

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17’ Si FC3, 17’ Accord 2dr V6 6MT, 22’ RL RTL-E
Country flag
The Accord is a great car. It just doesn’t have the same character as the Si.

you won’t regret getting the Accord

xbbnx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I did! It took me a while to find the exact configuration I wanted, but I finally found one at a dealer six hours away that had been delivered fresh from Japan a few days prior with 3 miles on the odometer. This is "Mr. Miyagi" - a 2019 MX-5 Miata GT with the GT-S package and extra-cost Soul Red Crystal paint. The GT is the top trim level that includes all the gadgets. The GT-S package includes an LSD, strut tower brace, stiffer springs, and Bilstein dampers. I'm having a blast with it on the weekends! My 2019 Ridgeline is still my daily driver, though. I sold the two motorcycles I bought earlier this year, but kept the 2019 Honda PCX150 scooter for now.

IMG_0049.jpg
What a beauty! A part of me has been struggling these past few months to hold onto my Si and not trade for a Miata. But the Si is my only vehicle, and it's hard to argue against the practicality and fun factor balance that you just can't get in a roadster like the Miata. It truly is a one car that can do it all, but as soon as I can get a second toy, it'll definitely be a Miata. Congrats!

OP
OP
zroger73

zroger73

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 MX-5 Miata GT-S, 2021 Ridgeline RTL-E
Country flag
What a beauty! A part of me has been struggling these past few months to hold onto my Si and not trade for a Miata. But the Si is my only vehicle, and it's hard to argue against the practicality and fun factor balance that you just can't get in a roadster like the Miata. It truly is a one car that can do it all, but as soon as I can get a second toy, it'll definitely be a Miata. Congrats!
I couldn't agree more - the Si's combination of practicality, sportiness, and efficiency just can't be beat. Period. No exceptions.

If you throw out the obvious differences in passenger and cargo-carrying capacity between an Si and a Miata and compare what's left...

1. The Si is reasonably quiet for a sporty compact. The Miata has copious amounts of road and engine noise.
2. I averaged 34 MPG in my Si and about 30 MPG in the Miata - both recommend premium.
3. The Miata has less HP and torque than the Si, but also weighs 500 lbs. less. As a result, the Miata is about a half-second faster to 60 and a quarter-second faster in the 1/4-mile.
4. The Miata's interior and build quality is higher than the Si's.
5. The Miata can drift and do donuts. RWD + light weight + narrow tires make it very tail-happy.
6. You step down into an Si. You wear a Miata like a pair of undersized jeans. It's difficult and inconvenient even for a limber person to get in and out of.
7. Everything about the Miata is very direct from the steering to the throttle response (no turbo lag) to the shifter (no shift cables to soften the feel).
8. The Si's infotainment system, although dated next to the Accord's, is still faster, more capable, and easier to use than the Miata's. CarPlay remains a $500, dealer-install option for the Miata.
9. The Miata offers low-speed emergency braking, lane departure warning, blind spot monitoring, and rear cross-traffic alert, but no adaptive cruise control.
10. The Miata's self-leveling and swiveling LED projector beam headlights are excellent.
11. The Si's audio system plays louder, but the Miata's Bose system has more bass and better sound quality.
12. The Miata still has a mechanical parking brake with a hand-operated lever.

Despite the Miata being tiny and noisy, it's a blast to drive. Even slow speeds feel fast. The light, RWD chassis pivots around corners with seemingly zero effort. The limits are very approachable and predictable. Looks are very subjective, but I think the Si is a great-looking sporty compact and the Miata is a great-looking roadster (not that there's much to compare it to).

Last edited:

xbbnx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I couldn't agree more - the Si's combination of practicality, sportiness, and efficiency just can't be beat. Period. No exceptions.

If you throw out the obvious differences in passenger and cargo-carrying capacity between an Si and a Miata and compare what's left...

1. The Si is reasonably quiet for a sporty compact. The Miata has copious amounts of road and engine noise.
2. I averaged 34 MPG in my Si and about 30 MPG in the Miata - both recommend premium.
3. The Miata has less HP and torque than the Si, but also weighs 500 lbs. less. As a result, the Miata is about a half-second faster to 60 and a quarter-second faster in the 1/4-mile.
4. The Miata's interior and build quality is higher than the Si's.
5. The Miata can drift and do donuts. RWD + light weight + narrow tires make it very tail-happy.
6. You step down into an Si. You wear a Miata like a pair of undersized jeans. It's difficult and inconvenient even for a limber person to get into and out of.
7. Everything about the Miata is very direct from the steering to the throttle response (no turbo lag) to the shifter (no shift cables to soften the feel).
8. The Si's infotainment system, although dated next to the Accord's, is still faster, more capable, and easier to use than the Miata's. CarPlay remains a $500, dealer-install option for the Miata.
9. The Miata offers low-speed emergency braking, lane departure warning, blind spot monitoring, and rear cross-traffic alert, but no adaptive cruise control.
10. The Miata's self-leveling and swiveling LED projector beam headlights are excellent.
11. The Si's audio system plays louder, but the Miata's Bose system has more bass and better sound quality.
12. The Miata still has a mechanical parking brake with a hand-operated lever.

Despite the Miata being tiny and noisy, it's a blast to drive. Even slow speeds feel fast. The light, RWD chassis pivots around corners with seemingly zero effort. The limits are very approachable and predictable. Look are very subjective, but I think the Si is a great-looking sporty compact and the Miata is a great-looking roadster (not that there's much to compare it to).
Fantastic write-up/comparison. Thanks. Makes me want the Miata even more now :grouphug:

rezlab

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Civic Si
Country flag

IMG_0049.jpg
OK. I am officially jealous. That is my favorite Mazda color too. Funny side-note. When I was much younger we hung out on Mulholland Drive, and got to chat with Bob Hall of Miata game.
Sponsored