OP
zroger73

zroger73

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 MX-5 Miata GT-S, 2021 Ridgeline RTL-E
Country flag
Sorry for your loss...but i wouldn't drive that fiesta if you have a lot of highway commute...i have had too many experience going to accidents and seeing a fiesta owner not in the best of shapes...and I'm only assigned to the city where the speed limit 25-35mph
Thanks. I sold the 2016 Fiesta days after listing it for sale on Facebook Marketplace last year. I also dumped the 2019 RDX I had at the time (too many problems) and am currently back in a 2019 Ridgeline (great except for all the buzzes/rattles). I also picked up a new Honda VFR800F Interceptor recently.

According to the IIHS, the Fiesta actually performed well except for the driver-side small front overlap test.

https://www.iihs.org/iihs/ratings/vehicle/v/ford/fiesta-4-door-sedan/2016

It was a nice little car - especially for the price. I still wouldn't buy one, though - I'm just not a Ford person.
Sponsored

87elco

First Name
Tj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1987 el camino ls swap, 18 civic 6speed, 86 Porsche 911 (euro spec)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Thanks. I sold the 2016 Fiesta days after listing it for sale on Facebook Marketplace last year. I also dumped the 2019 RDX I had at the time (too many problems) and am currently back in a 2019 Ridgeline (great except for all the buzzes/rattles). I also picked up a new Honda VFR800F Interceptor recently.

According to the IIHS, the Fiesta actually performed well except for the driver-side small front overlap test.

https://www.iihs.org/iihs/ratings/vehicle/v/ford/fiesta-4-door-sedan/2016

It was a nice little car - especially for the price. I still wouldn't buy one, though - I'm just not a Ford person.
Yeah maybe but in real life back problems and all that not worth it lol

rezlab

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Civic Si
Country flag
Surprised the RDX didn’t work out. The reviews looked promising.

OP
OP
zroger73

zroger73

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Surprised the RDX didn’t work out. The reviews looked promising.
It has the potential to be a fantastic SUV if Honda can refine the 10AT and get a handle on the infotainment issues. Initial impressions are often good - it's not until you live with something for a while that the negatives begin to surface.

jred721

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Accord Sport
Country flag
Sucks to hear that Honda still can't make a good infotainment system for Acura, and that the transmission is also not the best in lower gears. It was the same with the TLX 9 speed on early models, the transmission was just way too jerky (i've driven one). That's why i'm not too big on brand loyalty even though I love Honda. If you're buying a luxury crossover or any "luxury" or vehicle, other manufacturers just to it better. This is coming from a guy who used to own a 3rd gen Tl Type S (imho the best looking/most engaging Vehicle Acura has ever made besides the NSX). Doesn't make any sense to me to purchase an inferior product just because of "loyalty". Glad to hear the Ridgeline is working out though.

rezlab

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Civic Si
Country flag
It has the potential to be a fantastic SUV if Honda can refine the 10AT and get a handle on the infotainment issues. Initial impressions are often good - it's not until you live with something for a while that the negatives begin to surface.
I love my Si, but it sure would be nice if Acura released an adult version of the Civic Type R with a 2.0L and an automatic that didn't lag in upshifts and downshifts. I don't need the size of the Accord, but would like the power of the Type R with a solid automatic. It may never happen as sedans appear to be going out of favor.

rezlab

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Civic Si
Country flag
I love my Si, but it sure would be nice if Acura released an adult version of the Civic Type R with a 2.0L and an automatic that didn't lag in upshifts and downshifts. I don't need the size of the Accord, but would like the power of the Type R with a solid automatic. It may never happen as sedans appear to be going out of favor.
ZRoger - The Type S is calling.

swah_fk7

Regamaster King
First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si Coupe, 2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Of course, I do. It would be covered under comprehensive with a $50 deductible. However, there are a few reasons I won't make the claim on my insurance:

1) Even though I'm not at fault and I couldn't be cancelled due to this claim, it still shows up as a claim. Three comprehensive claims in 36-month period increases my deductible. To an insurance company, a claim is a claim. You think a person with 10 "not at fault' claims in one year won't pay higher rates? They're doing something to put themselves in that situation. Insurance companies consider this when setting rates.

2) Repairs paid by insurance can show up on Carfax and Autocheck. Dealers and private parties tend to take more advantage of this than they should.

3) Comprehensive insurance will cover the cost of repairs, but not diminution of value, loss of use, time off work, etc.

I choose to pay out of pocket and let the legal system take care of recovery.
Any damage to a pillar, or main HSS structure of the car, is unfortunately considered as "FRAME DAMAGE" and will deteriorate the value of your vehicle significantly. Even a small dent on a pillar from ONE claim can be classified as Frame damage.

CrippleRipple

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si (LSM)*SOLD* & 2018 Honda Accord Sport 2.0T (SNP)
Country flag
That is totally what the Accord is to me, especially with a simple tune!
I call it my Gentleman's Type R.....It's really not that much bigger or heavier.
I feared the same thing coming from the Si but the Accord chassis is no slouch for street work, even spirited!

The power train is something else....that K20C4 is so smooth and the torque is near instant, honestly feels like a V6 under there! So much more useable power, my average MPG is the same as with the Si.
I have the power but don't need to use as much to get going, pass & etc....it's very nice and to still have a beast waiting to be unleashed.

I don't get the hate on the 10AT, it works so well with the twin scroll turbo to provide instant boost & torque while shifting faster than you can think.
The transmission is razor sharp in sport mode as well, the engine braking is fabulous! It is a bit of a hybrid with it's planetary gear sets, clutch sets, crazy valve body & torque converter!
1-2 or 2-1 shifts are the only gears you can feel much of anything and I consider this to be normal due to the design...barely feel it, no lag whatsoever. I can't even wrap my head around how small this trans-axle package is!

I'd go give 2.0T 10AT a drive! Getting harder and harder to find, I think the secret is out!

Micah

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Si 4DR FlashPro +9psi (3k-14k) Ktuner TSP Stage 1(14k-30k+) '17 Traverse LT AWD
Country flag
That is totally what the Accord is to me, especially with a simple tune!
I call it my Gentleman's Type R.....It's really not that much bigger or heavier.
I feared the same thing coming from the Si but the Accord chassis is no slouch for street work, even spirited!

The power train is something else....that K20C4 is so smooth and the torque is near instant, honestly feels like a V6 under there! So much more useable power, my average MPG is the same as with the Si.
I have the power but don't need to use as much to get going, pass & etc....it's very nice and to still have a beast waiting to be unleashed.

I don't get the hate on the 10AT, it works so well with the twin scroll turbo to provide instant boost & torque while shifting faster than you can think.
The transmission is razor sharp in sport mode as well, the engine braking is fabulous! It is a bit of a hybrid with it's planetary gear sets, clutch sets, crazy valve body & torque converter!
1-2 or 2-1 shifts are the only gears you can feel much of anything and I consider this to be normal due to the design...barely feel it, no lag whatsoever. I can't even wrap my head around how small this trans-axle package is!

I'd go give 2.0T 10AT a drive! Getting harder and harder to find, I think the secret is out!
Damn that is tempting. I really like my Si and the 42-45mpg average I can get per tank lately even with summer traffic, AC, and heated seats. I was only considering the manual but now you have me considering the 10AT....which would mean letting the wife drive it....

OP
OP
zroger73

zroger73

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Reactions: JMM

Dan9908

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Accord Sport 2.0/A10, 05 Civic LX
Country flag
I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again- offer the Si with the 2.0T/6spd for about $26k and it would sell like crazy.

CrippleRipple

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Damn that is tempting. I really like my Si and the 42-45mpg average I can get per tank lately even with summer traffic, AC, and heated seats. I was only considering the manual but now you have me considering the 10AT....which would mean letting the wife drive it....
I would definitely go give both the 6 speed & 10AT a try, well worth it even in stock form! Even if I didn't need an automatic due to my disabilities I'd still pick the 2.0T 10AT Sport or Touring models they are that good! The sedan market is so bad right now Honda has them at amazing deals, a few were recently posted darn near Si MSRP territory due to low sales when I looked around the central USA.

Good deals to be had and a great car! Feels more mature than an Si and the Touring comes with the adjustable suspension as well.
Extremely comfortable car with tons of amenities!

Hmmm. I had a very different experience. I averaged 34.1 MPG in my '17 Civic Si, but only 25.4 MPG in my '18 Accord Sport 2.0T 10AT. The only variable was the vehicle - both were driven on the same route to and from work five days each week.
http://www.fuelly.com/car/honda/civic/2017/zroger73/625488
http://www.fuelly.com/car/honda/accord/2018/zroger73/803518
I knew I should have rewrote that, I forgot where I was.........obviously driving under the same conditions, on the same routes I take daily. On the same Stage 2 KTuner tune. Never really recorded MPG stock, it was the wifes car for 7,000 miles and I flashed it right away & put a PRL Stage 1 intake in.

Traffic moves where I'm at and in hilly curvy roads, very fun trips to & from work! I drive spirited lets say on average every single day and I am getting 23-24mpg average city driving for both my 2018 Honda Civic Si and my 2018 Honda Accord 2.0T Sport. I don't baby them but I don't beat them all the way home either.

I've had a few trips out of town on a 4hr round trip and each time I was getting 38 mpg average in the 2018 Honda Accord Sport 2.0T.....I believe I did achieve 40 mpg on a TSP Stage 1 tuned 2018 Honda Civic Si on some of these same out of town trips with a mix of highway & city.
Even a night out on the town with back to back runs has me at 19 mpg in both cars.....so color me impressed! That's still not bad at all!
This 10AT and Honda Cruise control love each other as well which aided in my MPG. The cruise control was almost unusable without boosting to the moon on the Si, it was terrible.

I'm happy with the slight dent in mpg for my comfort, performance, & safety......I just walked away from a gnarly rear ender which slammed me into the car in front of me. I was knocked out on impact.....thank the engineers for the thick H beams they put both front & rear. Car received $3,000 in a new front & rear H beams with bumpers & paint. Car had no structural damage and was amazed at how little damage there was for the amount of impact.
It messed me up pretty good still but the Accord saved me, I'm already crippled from being t-boned on a motorcycle years ago so this did me no favor but saved my life! You never know how important this feature is until you need it!

Great MPG as well, I just can't drive that well behaved!

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again- offer the Si with the 2.0T/6spd for about $26k and it would sell like crazy.
You said it! I can't see why they just didn't use this K20C4 or other variants while adding a crazy good 10AT to the mix....can you imagine the sales on the first ever Si Turbo 10AT! I'd loved it and it's the motor the Si deserves!

No idea why they didn't offer this drivetrain in the 2018 CRV we owned as well, the 1.5T & CVT combo was terrible.......the wife wouldn't stop complaining and when I drove it I really could not believe how loud the engine drone was....I would't drive it either!
Why she traded my Si in for about what we paid for it and grabbed a 2019 Toyota Rav4 XLE Premium w/ 8 speed Auto...another wonderful transmission but nothing on this 10AT from Honda!

Last edited:

Dan9908

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Accord Sport 2.0/A10, 05 Civic LX
Country flag
The 2.0 Sport is listed at ~$31k. What did you pay for yours?

My leftover 18 Si sedan was $22,250

How much off sticker did they come?

CrippleRipple

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
The 2.0 Sport is listed at ~$31k. What did you pay for yours?

My leftover 18 Si sedan was $22,250

How much off sticker did they come?
I paid around $28k for the 2.0T Sport and similar to your price on the Si.

Due to my recent accident I was actively looking at Accords several weeks ago. Listed prices for 2018 Accord 2.0T Sport's were $26,000ish. Pretty close to Si MSRP and my local salesman & friend said $24k was not a problem if my Accord was totalled. I also got $500 off for some Honda loyalty offer & they have some good deals going.

I saw a lot of 6 speed manual 2.0T Sports though, I bet they want those gone bad and a Type R LSD fits! Just an extra perk!

Luckily my Accord is back and running as well as ever!
Sponsored