Considering trading for an Accord Sport 2.0T 10AT

CrippleRipple

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si (LSM)*SOLD* & 2018 Honda Accord Sport 2.0T (SNP)
Country flag
Went great and the Accord 2.0T is sitting in its garage!

Absolutely gorgeous all cleaned up in black! Seriously looks upscale European, had tons of people turn heads in traffic.

With my tune on the Si both vehicles are very close in feel but the Accord just does it so smoothly & effortless. Averaged 26MPG in the city with A/C on, not even Econ mode on. That was a very nice surprise.

The Si is still just phenomenal around corners but this Accord really isn't too far behind for the streets. I was very impressed with the stock suspension and handling.

Very happy with the car & I'm not missing the CR-V a bit!
Sponsored

rezlab

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Civic Si
Country flag
Can’t help but think of the potential CR-V Honda or Acura could create. What if they replaced that CVT with an 8-speed automatic transmission? Or bumped the motor up to a 2.0t. They have a great kit-of-parts at their fingertips.

Mick the Quick

First Name
Mick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 PMM Civic Type R (R-08508)
Country flag
Can’t help but think of the potential CR-V Honda or Acura could create. What if they replaced that CVT with an 8-speed automatic transmission? Or bumped the motor up to a 2.0t. They have a great kit-of-parts at their fingertips.
I would only consider a 6MT and I imagine a lot of Si/CTR owners feel the same way if we are talking about daily drivers. I bought my car before Sport 2.0 6MT came out, but I definitely would have have considered that car, especially in light of the massive price difference over a CTR (on the flip side, Si is so much cheaper than a Sport 2.0).

CrippleRipple

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si (LSM)*SOLD* & 2018 Honda Accord Sport 2.0T (SNP)
Country flag
Been driving the Accord for a week+ while the Si gets a new windshield (long story.)

Even more in love with it and even the 10 speed transmission. I didn't even want my car back that bad & really wasn't dying to shift again!
Fully tinted up the car looks even more stunning and elegant! Very quick car and the transmission is buttery smooth & fast shifts, I even enjoyed using the paddles.

The steering wheel even looks more aggressive with a flat bottom look to it and has wonderful tactile buttons. A step above the cheap plastic feel my Si has.
Like going to a mechanical keyboard, they're lovely! The newest headunit is extremely responsive and while lacking a subwoofer the speakers are great!
They sound better than the Si's to me. Then the knobs for climate, really like this feature and the usable cup holders!
I can't seem to figure out how to carry various containers in the center console on my Si & shifting at the same time.

Definitely prefer the 2.0L motor to even a tuned 1.5L, just so much easier to use & live with for me. I can't even imagine it with a tune.
It already gives my Si a run for it's money! I know I'll get use to the 1.5L & shifting again but man is that Accord something special.

Even been entertaining the idea of getting one if the 2018 stock gets a good discount.
The Si is still very fun to drive and feels surgical in the corners but the Accord is no slouch in the handling department either!

Love having both currently but if a white 2.0T Sport A/T came available at a crazy good deal I don't know if I could turn it down.
It'd be a very hard decision & I'd have to drive a 6 speed version just to make sure but man that 10 speed is amazing!

Totally get why people would switch over, I'm a believer! It really is an 'Old Man's Type R for me!

OP
OP
zroger73

zroger73

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 MX-5 Miata GT-S, 2021 Ridgeline RTL-E
Country flag
I really enjoyed the 2018 Accord Sport 2.0T 10AT for the 4 months and 4,000 miles I owned it. It's too bad most buyers are migrating away from sedans to SUV's because the Accord rides, handles, and feels great! Except for the rear view, I think it looks great, too! My only complaints were:

1) The trailing edge of the hood vibrated at idle.
2) Occasionally, a "CMBS problem - see your dealer" message would appear and the ACC would stop working.
3) A slight fuel odor from under the hood that was becoming a bit concerning.

Yesterday afternoon, I traded it and the Ridgeline for a 2019 Acura RDX Advance - it's almost as comfortable as the Ridgeline and almost as fun to drive as the Accord. It's what you might get if a Ridgeline and Accord had a baby then added some decoration to it. The amount of technology in this vehicle is almost overwhelming.

The 710-watt, 16-speaker ELS Studio 3D audio system is... Wow.
The curve-adaptive full-LED headlights are excellent.
The 2.0T engine is quieter, sounds more powerful, and is smoother in the RDX than the Accord.
Finally... A Honda product where the radio keeps playing after the engine is shut off until the door is opened like GM and others have been doing for over 20 years. :)
The better quality leather, real wood trim, more soft-touch surfaces, more sound insulation, and lots of ambient lighting definitely contribute to the RDX's luxury feel.
The True Touch Interface that uses a trackpad concerned me at first, but I adapted quickly. I now prefer it over a touch screen because...no fingerprints...ever!

Unfortunately, the 10-speed automatic isn't programmed as well as in the Accord (which itself can shift a bit harshly in lower gears sometimes) and...get this...there's no remote start button on the remote! If you want remote start, you have to pay for a subscription to AcuraLink and use Acura's smartphone app which is...not great.

grumpyguy6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si sedan, 2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

rezlab

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Civic Si
Country flag
Good report. Honda/Acura has a great parts bin. We can only hope that they cross-pollinate models as you have mentioned here to create some best-of-both breeds.

Imagine the sporty-ness and quality that the Acura brand should exhibit combined with Honda’s current technological prowess.

How about an Acura Type R for adults (2020 ILX)?

daijobu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Good report. Honda/Acura has a great parts bin. We can only hope that they cross-pollinate models as you have mentioned here to create some best-of-both breeds.

Imagine the sporty-ness and quality that the Acura brand should exhibit combined with Honda’s current technological prowess.

Why stop there? Why not bring back the Integra type R :p

dmitri

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si sedan
Country flag
Finally... A Honda product where the radio keeps playing after the engine is shut off until the door is opened like GM and others have been doing for over 20 years. :)
Damn, so the Accord didn't have that right either?!
After a year, this is now easily the #1 complaint I have with the Si. I can adapt/get used to a lot of little things, but this one gets me every damn time... :banghead::crazy::nono:

Seems like a good decision, to replace your two vehicles with one that sort of plays both roles. A friend has had an old RDX and it's been pretty solid; good luck with it.

Mick the Quick

First Name
Mick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 PMM Civic Type R (R-08508)
Country flag
I really enjoyed the 2018 Accord Sport 2.0T 10AT for the 4 months and 4,000 miles I owned it. It's too bad most buyers are migrating away from sedans to SUV's because the Accord rides, handles, and feels great! Except for the rear view, I think it looks great, too! My only complaints were:

1) The trailing edge of the hood vibrated at idle.
2) Occasionally, a "CMBS problem - see your dealer" message would appear and the ACC would stop working.
3) A slight fuel odor from under the hood that was becoming a bit concerning.

Yesterday afternoon, I traded it and the Ridgeline for a 2019 Acura RDX Advance - it's almost as comfortable as the Ridgeline and almost as fun to drive as the Accord. It's what you might get if a Ridgeline and Accord had a baby then added some decoration to it. The amount of technology in this vehicle is almost overwhelming.

The 710-watt, 16-speaker ELS Studio 3D audio system is... Wow.
The curve-adaptive full-LED headlights are excellent.
The 2.0T engine is quieter, sounds more powerful, and is smoother in the RDX than the Accord.
The better quality leather, real wood trim, more soft-touch surfaces, more sound insulation, and lots of ambient lighting definitely contribute to the RDX's luxury feel.
The True Touch Interface that uses a trackpad concerned me at first, but I adapted quickly. I now prefer it over a touch screen because...no fingerprints...ever!

Unfortunately, the 10-speed automatic isn't programmed as well as in the Accord (which itself can shift a bit harshly in lower gears sometimes) and...get this...there's no remote start button on the remote! If you want remote start, you have to pay for a subscription to AcuraLink and use Acura's smartphone app which is...not great.
Oh no, are we losing you to an Acura forum?

Zeffy94

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mazda3 GT Hatch 6AT, 2018 Honda Civic Type R (traded in)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
No, that dilutes the Type R name. Type R should stay crazy. That’s what makes it special. You shouldn’t be ashamed of what car you drive.

Othwrsie, the Golf R is available for those who just want to blend in...

OP
OP
zroger73

zroger73

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Damn, so the Accord didn't have that right either?!
After a year, this is now easily the #1 complaint I have with the Si. I can adapt/get used to a lot of little things, but this one gets me every damn time... :banghead::crazy::nono:

Seems like a good decision, to replace your two vehicles with one that sort of plays both roles. A friend has had an old RDX and it's been pretty solid; good luck with it.
To the best of my knowledge, there is NO Honda model that will keep the radio on after the engine is shut off. I was pleasantly surprised that the RDX does. I don't know if it's the first/only Acura to do so, but my 1999 Buick Regal did it 20 years ago. :)

It's very rare that I actually need a truck. While the Ridgeline was very quiet, comfortable, relaxed, and useful, it was just sitting in the garage costing me $1,200 a year to insure while I drove the Accord every day - that's far more than I'd spend for delivery fees or renting a truck on the rare occasion I need one. There are three trucks in my external family and friends and co-workers have trucks, too. I'll bang on them when I need to haul something like they banged on me. :)

An SUV like a CR-V seemed like a smarter compromise between the Ridgeline and Accord, but I've owned a CR-V before and figured I'd try an Acura for a while. There's definitely a different feel and ambience in an Acura.

Oh no, are we losing you to an Acura forum?
Surprisingly, I haven't joined an Acura forum yet. I probably will, but I'd like to live in "ignorance is bliss" land for a little while. I feel a little overwhelmed with so many vehicles and forums this past year. It's a lot to keep up with.

OP
OP
zroger73

zroger73

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Just stopping by to report the latest...

Barely a month after trading both my 2017 Ridgeline and 2018 Accord for a 2019 RDX to save garage space and insurance, I'm back to two vehicles again, but not by choice.

My father passed away a couple of weeks ago and I inherited his 2016 Ford Fiesta SE sedan with 40K miles. I haven't owned or driven a Ford in over 20 years. He maintained it well mechanically, but neglected its appearance and cleanliness. That car was FILTHY and reeked of cigarette smoke and cheap laundry detergent. It took me two days to get the interior looking halfway presentable. I used an ozone generator to remove the smoke smell. The paint is scratched from automatic car washes and there's white overspray all over. I'm going to clay, polish, and wax it this weekend. I plan to finish sprucing it up then I'll put it up for sale. It'll make a great first or spare car for someone.

My immediate impressions were how smooth and quiet the 1.6L engine and 6-speed PowerShift dual-clutch transmission were. It rides and handles well and road noise is surprisingly low for a car that only costs $15K brand new! The 6-speaker, 80-watt audio system sounds better than Honda's "premium" systems and the Sync 3 infotainment system is fast, easy to use, and looks nice. The multi-color ambient lighting is a cute feature. :)

That's where the party ends, though. The car has more interior creaks, ticks, rattles, and buzzes than a Honda with 400K miles.

Honda Civic 10th gen Considering trading for an Accord Sport 2.0T 10AT IMG_8908

Honda Civic 10th gen Considering trading for an Accord Sport 2.0T 10AT IMG_8918.JPG