Conservative or drive it like it should be driven?

COOL COUPE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic SI coupe (red) Skunk 2 shift knob BOV Spacer Plate (red) K&N Panel Filter Dual Muffler Delete
Country flag
I find myself being sometimes very cautious in my approach to driving or all out 5.5 rpms. I feel like the Si is like those bipolar commercials on TV ... Manic or depressed? It's somewhat confusing to me and unlike any other car I have owned? I feel like I just can't get comfortable ??? Is it just me?
Sponsored

BoostedDreams

First Name
Heisenburg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R, 2006 Mazda 6
Country flag
I find myself being sometimes very cautious in my approach to driving or all out 5.5 rpms. I feel like the Si is like those bipolar commercials on TV ... Manic or depressed? It's somewhat confusing to me and unlike any other car I have owned? I feel like I just can't get comfortable ??? Is it just me?
6.5 alllll out

MattyNice

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Are you scared you’re going to hurt it or what? The Si was made to beat on man. I have to say unless I’ve had a really grueling day and am mentally exhausted, I pretty much beat on it a little bit every time I’m in it. Other times, it’s floored to redline over and over again. It’s one of the things in this world that makes me feel good...almost every day I go into work I see how fast I can get off the freeway exit and how soon I can get back on the throttle and as I enter the next one.

Snidely

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 civic si
Country flag
I thought about this right after I bought mine. I spent the $800 on a 120k mile hondacare shortly after. It was definitely a great price for piece of mind.

SCOPESYS

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic SI Coupe. . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon. . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Pulsar NX . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon (2nd Donor Wagon for parts)
Country flag
You are more likely to hurt yourself, or someone else, than the car.

DRuby

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Si, 2013 CR-V
Country flag
I would expect that if the car is unmodified, Honda engineering has worked out the bugs over the years. While I don't redline every day, higher rev shifts shouldn't break things. Why put in a G-force display if we weren't going to play.

There is a pocketbook issue with respect to tire and brake wear that is under your control as related to driving style. Unless you're concerned about a budget for replacing these things, I'm all for having fun.

OP
OP

COOL COUPE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic SI coupe (red) Skunk 2 shift knob BOV Spacer Plate (red) K&N Panel Filter Dual Muffler Delete
Country flag
I say 5.5 rpms because the single scroll turbo calls for it. LOL... I think my next car should be a NA with high red line ... Maybe you hiit on what Iam getting at ... You are saying ... Drive it to the limit! Is that the consensus???

repeet

Threads
Reaction score
Website
jesus7feasts.fyi
Vehicle(s)
'23 BRZ
Country flag
I bought this car because I like to jackrabbit. No, it isn't quick off the line, but once I get going, I love the feel of it pulling. That said, I don't go faster than the speed limit (much), and I'm always watching out for the safety of the other people around me. Once I get up to speed and can cruise, it gets over 40 mpg on the highway. The best of both worlds.

MattyNice

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I say 5.5 rpms because the single scroll turbo calls for it. LOL... I think my next car should be a NA with high red line ... Maybe you hiit on what Iam getting at ... You are saying ... Drive it to the limit! Is that the consensus???
If it’s stock, a definite YES. Although, even if you aren’t spinning the front tires, the constant acceleration does wear the tires pretty quickly with the lsd only accelerating this. But hey, it’s a small price to pay for this much fun.

MattyNice

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I bought this car because I like to jackrabbit. No, it isn't quick off the line, but once I get going, I love the feel of it pulling. That said, I don't go faster than the speed limit (much), and I'm always watching out for the safety of the other people around me. Once I get up to speed and can cruise, it gets over 40 mpg on the highway. The best of both worlds.
Agreed. After all these years we have “torque” in the Si. Love being pushed back in the seat.

Honda_RacerX

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Si
Country flag
You didn't buy a Prius or a CRV...

You bought your Si for a reason, and it wasn't to drive it like a senior citizen on her way to her bingo game.

Drive it like a sporty compact car is supposed to be driven.

REBELXSi

Señor Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Si coupe RIP, '20 CRV EX-L Hybrid
Country flag
Like 90%+ of my miles are highway cruising, 5% city driving and about 5% let'er rip down winding roads.

thebutcher

NSFW
First Name
The Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Chevy C10 custom deluxe, 2014 Harley Davidson Ultra Limited, 2019 Honda Civic Si coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I drive it slow. It gives people more time to stare at it.

Micah

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Si 4DR FlashPro +9psi (3k-14k) Ktuner TSP Stage 1(14k-30k+) '17 Traverse LT AWD
Country flag
Like 90%+ of my miles are highway cruising, 5% city driving and about 5% let'er rip down winding roads.
Same here. Highway I drive easy for mpg. Local roads I punch the throttle for fun runs up to the speed limit, then shift to a high gear and cruise.

Memogiyi

First Name
Guillermo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
I like to drive mine like an adult 70% of the time.. then i enjoy the other 30%. Whether it be canyon carving, or highway pulls, I truly enjoy the dual personality of our car. It can be a nice conservative vehicle, or a fun toy! Just depends on the drivers preference.
Sponsored