Confused on which light kits to buy, advice?

cicero8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback Sport CVT
I've read few quite a few posts, I see LED vs HID vs Retrofit but I'm still lost on which option is better for me.

I've driven the past 10 years on stock halogens in my cobalt, and never had an issue at night. I rarely drive at night, and if I do its on a lit up highway. If I do happen to be driving at night in the country I tend to have my high beams on.

I just want the light to look GOOD and light up at-least as much as the stock halogen in the civic sport hatchback. I don't like the yellow from the halogen and want something whiter.

What do you guys recommend?
Sponsored

Micah

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Si 4DR FlashPro +9psi (3k-14k) Ktuner TSP Stage 1(14k-30k+) '17 Traverse LT AWD
Country flag
Stark brand from Amazon is what I put in. They claim 80W 8000 luminosity or some crap. I have doubts they put out anywhere near that.

But they work fine and look great. The fogs in my SI which in stock form were nearly useless now throw a crap ton of usable light everywhere. The low beams output doesn't seem much different besides being a whiter light. The high beams output seems about the same but again with a whiter light.

One of my brother in law's has a 17 Hatchback Sport Civic and he has pointed out that my lights work and look better than his.

Obviously a retrofit is going to give superior results. But for the roughly $130 I spent to swap the lights I am happy. I have driven behind friends and they are not complaining about being blinded. Nobody has flashed their lights at me either. I keep the stock bulbs in the trunk just in case I need to replace them, but they have worked fine since installing them this past fall.

OP
OP

cicero8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback Sport CVT
Stark brand from Amazon is what I put in. They claim 80W 8000 luminosity or some crap. I have doubts they put out anywhere near that.

But they work fine and look great. The fogs in my SI which in stock form were nearly useless now throw a crap ton of usable light everywhere. The low beams output doesn't seem much different besides being a whiter light. The high beams output seems about the same but again with a whiter light.

One of my brother in law's has a 17 Hatchback Sport Civic and he has pointed out that my lights work and look better than his.

Obviously a retrofit is going to give superior results. But for the roughly $130 I spent to swap the lights I am happy. I have driven behind friends and they are not complaining about being blinded. Nobody has flashed their lights at me either. I keep the stock bulbs in the trunk just in case I need to replace them, but they have worked fine since installing them this past fall.
It's a bit unclear in your post, did you change the headlights bulbs? the fog bulbs? or both? And ty for the info

Micah

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Si 4DR FlashPro +9psi (3k-14k) Ktuner TSP Stage 1(14k-30k+) '17 Traverse LT AWD
Country flag
It's a bit unclear in your post, did you change the headlights bulbs? the fog bulbs? or both? And ty for the info
Changed 3 sets. Low, high, and fog.

DarthNader

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport 6SP
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I personally prefer HID's for low beams. I'm running 35w 5500k HID's and they have really good light output and match the color of the DLR's.
Sponsored