Condensation in the Instrument Panel

Spike Spiegel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Aegean Blue Civic Si coupe
Country flag
Temperature was about 33 degrees overnight with high humidity. I noticed fog/condensation inside the IP (all 3 screens).

Went away after 15-20 minutes of driving but I’ve never had a car with visible condensed moisture inside the IP.

Anyone else had this issue? Cause for concern?
Sponsored

RobXsi

First Name
Nope
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nata
Country flag
Moisture = humidity.
Ice = temperature

A humid night? Whats humid to you?

Thanks_Enjoi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' SI Sedan
Country flag
Temperature was about 33 degrees overnight with high humidity. I noticed fog/condensation inside the IP (all 3 screens).

Went away after 15-20 minutes of driving but I’ve never had a car with visible condensed moisture inside the IP.

Anyone else had this issue? Cause for concern?
I have. I go to work at 4 am most of the time. I am in South Carolina. I have not seen it outside of the time I leave for work though.

BoostedSiCoupe

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si
Country flag
i have this happen sometimes. it is annoying

stoobs

First Name
Stoo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
UK Honda Civic Prestige CVT 2018
Country flag
I have this issue to. Please see the photo's. The pollen filter in the glovebox isn't clogged - which is what I checked as could be a cause.

Most unusual. First car I've ever had to get water on the instrument cluster! Honda will be looking at it when I take it in to them in a couple of weeks.

It did clear after driving for 10 minutes with the windscreen demister active.

Honda Civic 10th gen Condensation in the Instrument Panel IMG-6567

Honda Civic 10th gen Condensation in the Instrument Panel IMG-6570

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Polestar 2, 2010 Lexus IS 350 Sport
Country flag
I have this issue to. Please see the photo's. The pollen filter in the glovebox isn't clogged - which is what I checked as could be a cause.

Most unusual. First car I've ever had to get water on the instrument cluster! Honda will be looking at it when I take it in to them in a couple of weeks.

It did clear after driving for 10 minutes with the windscreen demister active.

IMG-6567.jpg

IMG-6570.jpg
Is that actually inside the instrument panel? Once it was raining really hard and when I got inside the car my glasses, the windows and everything glass fogged up, but it was outside the instrument panel on and not inside. I'm guessing you did verify it was inside the instrument panel but just checking

stoobs

First Name
Stoo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
UK Honda Civic Prestige CVT 2018
Country flag
Is that actually inside the instrument panel? Once it was raining really hard and when I got inside the car my glasses, the windows and everything glass fogged up, but it was outside the instrument panel on and not inside. I'm guessing you did verify it was inside the instrument panel but just checking
It was definitely only on the outside of the instrument panel units. It could be wiped off and nothing appear to be inside at all.
Sponsored