Concern with my LTFT/STFT

MTBhatch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda civic hatchback sport
Country flag
Im new to this and just bought a ktuner v2. Before flashing i went for a 20km drive with the screen hooked up. My LTFT was at -12%. I went to flash to a base tune before heading home and the LTFT went back up again to -12% again. STFT after flash idle around -10% and -2 to -7% under acceleration. Is this something i should be concern with? My only bolton mod is the greddy supreme sp exhaust.
Sponsored

fenix-silver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Si
Country flag
Im new to this and just bought a ktuner v2. Before flashing i went for a 20km drive with the screen hooked up. My LTFT was at -12%. I went to flash to a base tune before heading home and the LTFT went back up again to -12% again. STFT after flash idle around -10% and -2 to -7% under acceleration. Is this something i should be concern with? My only bolton mod is the greddy supreme sp exhaust.
LTFT certainly shouldn't be that high on a stock tune w/o any mods affecting airflow.

OP
OP
MTBhatch

MTBhatch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
LTFT certainly shouldn't be that high on a stock tune w/o any mods affecting airflow.
I may put back my stock exhaust back. I bought my greddy exhaust 2nd hand and installer tried to reuse old gasket. Im suspecting i have an exhaust leak.

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2017 Si Sedan (Sold), 2017 Sport Hatchback (Sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I may put back my stock exhaust back. I bought my greddy exhaust 2nd hand and installer tried to reuse old gasket. Im suspecting i have an exhaust leak.
A catback isn't going to impact your fuel trims like that. If you have no other mods I would venture to say you probably don't have anything to worry about.

OP
OP
MTBhatch

MTBhatch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
A catback isn't going to impact your fuel trims like that. If you have no other mods I would venture to say you probably don't have anything to worry about.
Yes no other other mods. It kind of still bugs me though.
Did some research lately so Negative LTFT means theres restriction on intake not enough air coming in? Is that correct?

fenix-silver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Si
Country flag
Yes no other other mods. It kind of still bugs me though.
Did some research lately so Negative LTFT means theres restriction on intake not enough air coming in? Is that correct?
Basically. It means that the there is less air coming in than expected based on the reading from the MAF sensor. I'd say that anything +/- 5% on the stock intake is something to look into. I occasionally get -7% if it's really hot out, but otherwise it's always +/- a few percent. You running an oiled air filter or anything? Maybe try cleaning your MAF sensor.

OP
OP
MTBhatch

MTBhatch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Basically. It means that the there is less air coming in than expected based on the reading from the MAF sensor. I'd say that anything +/- 5% on the stock intake is something to look into. I occasionally get -7% if it's really hot out, but otherwise it's always +/- a few percent. You running an oiled air filter or anything? Maybe try cleaning your MAF sensor.
Thanks for your reply. Im not running oil on my filter. Im still using the oem filter. Fulled the sensor to visually check and its dry and clean. Its around 32 degrees fahrenheit here in canada at the moment.

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2017 Si Sedan (Sold), 2017 Sport Hatchback (Sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Fuel trims can also auto adjust based on the ethanol content of your fuel. Honda has the fuel trim algorithm in place to take care of things as needed. They are doing their job, nothing to worry about here. :)
Sponsored