Yuma

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda civic X 1.0 exclusive
Country flag
After more research:

car locationspeaker:
Honda Civic 10th gen complete diagram and model speaker of premium audio 2018 location audio1

Honda Civic 10th gen complete diagram and model speaker of premium audio 2018 location2

Honda Civic 10th gen complete diagram and model speaker of premium audio 2018 location3

stereo amp connector:

Honda Civic 10th gen complete diagram and model speaker of premium audio 2018 stereoamplifier1

Honda Civic 10th gen complete diagram and model speaker of premium audio 2018 stereoamplifier2

Honda Civic 10th gen complete diagram and model speaker of premium audio 2018 stereoamplifier3

Honda Civic 10th gen complete diagram and model speaker of premium audio 2018 stereoamplifier4

Last edited:
OP
OP

Yuma

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
WIRING DIAGRAM
Honda Civic 10th gen complete diagram and model speaker of premium audio 2018 audioavecampli

Honda Civic 10th gen complete diagram and model speaker of premium audio 2018 audiosansampli

amp model part:
39186-TGH-A02

Last edited:

SCOPESYS

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic SI Coupe. . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon. . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Pulsar NX . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon (2nd Donor Wagon for parts)
Country flag
Honda Civic 10th gen complete diagram and model speaker of premium audio 2018 Honda_HU-AMP

PREMIUM SYSTEM: (Amps not in head unit)

Throwing this one into the Mix, showing how the Head Unit send Audio, and controls Audio, being sent to the AMP..

Shows a DSP in the head unit, but it make more sense that the DSP is actually in the AMP, (which would explain why DSP-FLAT cannot control it in the Premium system) -- it's DSP is in the AMP, while the Non-Premium systems have the DSP in the head Unit (with the amplifier i/cs )

The two audio signals for NAV & BEEP are separate analogue audio signals, from the Head unit, to the AMP, where they are fed to the appropriate speaker amps.

You can start to see more clearly why it is so difficult to replace the Premium Systems AMP (and its DSP processor) with an aftermarket AMP -- the main Digital Audio link (Spdif2) being the major hurdle - it does NOT appear to be any Industry standard SPDIF digital stream :(

If it were, then there would be some great, relatively easy options .

OP
OP

Yuma

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
i update post for information

Simple hypothesis in view of the connectors of the amplifier (connector A and C)
I think it is the spdif2 that controls the amp for sound.

If we unplug the spdif2:

no sound?

or....

normal sound no dsp equalizer?

inc0gnito

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Sport Touring
Country flag
@Yuma Where were you able to find these? I'm looking for the pdf for the Removal and Installation of the stereo amplifier. Looks simple enough but would like an actual diagram/instructions to make sure I'm doing it correctly.

SCOPESYS

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic SI Coupe. . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon. . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Pulsar NX . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon (2nd Donor Wagon for parts)
Country flag
i update post for information

Simple hypothesis in view of the connectors of the amplifier (connector A and C)
I think it is the spdif2 that controls the amp for sound.

If we unplug the spdif2:

no sound?

or....

normal sound no dsp equalizer?
Close ..

The SPFID2 Digital signal is the STEREO digital audio .. its just two channels, Left & Right and is always at maximum volume.

The RS485 is a digital control communications line, that tell the AMP and it's DSP, what the volume, balance, and Bass/mid/treble + sub volumes should be for each individual Speaker AMP, along with Mute.

The Amp need to keep seeing this Control -- if you disconnect this control, the AMP will MUTE untill the signal is reconnected. (ie it needs a constant refresh of the required control settings)

Yes, you will also kill the sound if you disconnect the SPDIF.

You can now understand why DSP-FLAT does not work with this Premium System.

The DSP-FLAT part of the Honda head units audio APP, tries to control a DSP in the Head Unit ( ie as in the NON Premium system), but it would appear that Honda never updated that App, to talk over the RS485 link, to control the DSP in the AMP unit, when the Premium system was developed.

Since is is not a normal OWNER control (in a hidden service menu), it is very doubtful that Honda will ever update the Premium Head Unit software, to make DSP-FLAT control the DSP processor in the AMP.

OP
OP

Yuma

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Thank for this prescision
First solution change speaker and test ...
Second solution change head unit and amp unit ............

Miggytronz

First Name
Miguel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Country flag
So to get proper Flat a aftermarket unit and amp have to be installed.

damn you honda

kperalta

AluminiumCivic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
So to get proper Flat a aftermarket unit and amp have to be installed.

damn you honda
Yes. It's not just honda. You can get away with just an aftermarket amp, but you'll need to retain the factory and you'll also have to spend more for some signal correction devices.

CDavis104

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic LX
Country flag
Is there a way to provide a signal to VSP input on the head unit without the CAN BUS? I have the head unit from a 2016 that I am building into a bench kit, but it is telling me the vehicle is in motion so I am incapable of deleting previously paired devices. I need to be able to fool the VSP input so that it stops thinking the vehicle is moving.

Fountainhead

First Name
ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
After more research:

car locationspeaker:
location audio1.png

location2.png

location3.png

stereo amp connector:

stereoamplifier1.png

stereoamplifier2.png

stereoamplifier3.png

stereoamplifier4.png

Hi Yuma,

Thank you for taking the time to post this wiring diagram.
Do you know anyone that could tell me what aftermarket wire harness "T" adapter I could use to go in between the 18 Pin amplifier output and the speaker leads? Or, simply the maker and part number of the multi-pin connector itself?
I'm in the electronics industry and could source the connector and the pins if necessary but I don't know the maker/part number of the plug itself.

It doesn't have to be a "Drop-IN" replacement or a made for the Application type thing, just any aftermarket "Metra" type T harness. I'd need the socket and the plug which is why I'm asking for a "T" harness.

It's for a 2019 Civic Type R, USA model.

Of course if anyone else knows please feel free to reply also :).

Thanks!

EDM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Subaru WRX
Country flag
location3.png

Does anyone know where the AM/FM antenna tuner unit is located on the hatchback?