Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
Vehicle(s)
98 Civic EX with SI Conversion-Sold, 2017 Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Another + to the 27won turbo is you can keep your stock turbo just in case.... Comp turbo upgrade you pretty much have to pray that all goes well..
I like having all of my original parts. This is also my only car. People with multiple cars can afford to have their SI out of commission for a while.
Heard from PRL that they are in the process of making a turbo drop in upgrade in addition to the big turbo upgrade kit they already have. So that'll be another option for a complete drop in turbo upgrade for everyone as well.
Sponsored

davemarco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R (CBP), 2013 Audi TTRS
Country flag
Heard from PRL that they are in the process of making a turbo drop in upgrade in addition to the big turbo upgrade kit they already have. So that'll be another option for a complete drop in turbo upgrade for everyone as well.
I'd be more satisfied if they would just release the friggin' GTX2860R numbers, lol. Longest wait ever :coffee:

OP
OP
LilToTo17

LilToTo17

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
Vehicle(s)
98 Civic EX with SI Conversion-Sold, 2017 Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

JDM_DOHC_SiR

Uncle Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Acura TLX Type-S / 2018 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Dropping off my turbo today to get the upgrade. Can't wait to see the results from the Dyno day.
Saturday night should have some Data along with some info:thumbsup:

tehSteve

GrayBeard McGootch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Si
Country flag
Can't wait to see what PRL comes up with for a complete drop in turbo without touching the dp/fp

Matthyahuw

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Agean Blue Civic Si Sedan 2016 Omaha Orange Jeep Renegade Trailhawk
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I would totally do this if it wasn't for the downtime...like if there was something like a core charge and you'd return yours once the new one came in.

JDM_DOHC_SiR

Uncle Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Tuning of these 2 turbos is about to go down soon..:hmm: stand by for results good or bad :thumbsup::confused1:

JDM_DOHC_SiR

Uncle Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Both cars being tested are in San Diego at Soeed Garage and are being tuned by DRob from IMW:thumbsup:

JDM_DOHC_SiR

Uncle Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
OK... Finally was able to get some rest after a very long day on the Dyno with two cars... I want to give a huge shout out to @D-RobIMW for going above and beyond with tuning 2 cars over a span of 8hrs and some change... we started at 4pm and didn't get finished until right before midnight pacific time mind you... So originally Derek was going to be here in California for tuning both cars my Car with the VIT Turbo and @francomakou with the COMP Turbo, but since the weather in Pennsylvania was not cooperating Derek had to cancel the flight out and we decided it would be better to Live Tune so that we could get some Data from the cars and finish up the tunes on both cars. One Side note @KTuner Please Hurry Up and get LIVE TUNING available :thumbsup::bow: would have saved a huge amount of time o_O. So I we get to the dyno at 4pm and start tuning.. it's a HOT ASS Day and the temps were 97* outside at 4pm:banghead: and over 105* inside where we were tuning the cars:crazy: and by the end of the night the temps only dropped to 96* in the area where the cars were tuning:confused:.. also one last note this DynaPak is known to read a tad bit lower than most and is about 3%-4% lower than most.. and a crap load lower that Churches Dyno LOL:rofl:... Anyways.. on to my results for the VIT Turbo with my car.. and I will let @francomakou post up his results so that I can let him talk about the COMP Turbo Performance:coffee:

Following Mod's prior to Derek Tuning the car.
KTuner V2
KTuner Flex Fuel Module and Homemade Flex Fuel Kit
PRL COBRA Race MAF
PRL Intercooler
RV6 Downpipe and Front Pipe
Clutch Masters FX350
Vit Tuned Turbo 11 Blade Compressor wheel

End Result is very good for the Ambient temps and the Dyno that was being used:thumbsup:
301whp and 325ftlbs on E37 Blend
249whp and 261ftlbs on 91 Octane
And Mind you these are not Glory Numbers this is a Very Conservative Tune I can let @D-RobIMW expand on this if anybody wants further info:hmm:
Honda Civic 10th gen Comp Turbo Wheel Upgrades Dyno Final