ctl

First Name
ctl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR, 2017 BMW 430i gran coupe, 2020 BMW X3 M40i, 1991 CRX SI
Country flag
I'm really interested in this turbo upgrade from comp turbo but I'm still weighing out the options of this comp turbo upgrade vs 27won w1 turbo which cost $1572.71 shipped. the 27won w1 turbo has a good map supplied by hondata where a reputable socal tuner stated the hondata map is far up there and tweaks to the map will only net 2% difference.

The comp turbo will need a tune so comp turbo upgrade for $750+$500 for tune+ shipping $40 estimate to there and back=$1290.

So far from my research the 27won w1 has upgraded turbine and compressor which will have a later spool and more top end vs just a compressor upgrade which will have a better low end power curve with a little less top end. Hopefully there will be a map available from ktuner or hondata that is really good and this would be a really good upgrade for the money.

OP
OP
LilToTo17

LilToTo17

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
Vehicle(s)
98 Civic EX with SI Conversion-Sold, 2017 Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'm really interested in this turbo upgrade from comp turbo but I'm still weighing out the options of this comp turbo upgrade vs 27won w1 turbo which cost $1572.71 shipped. the 27won w1 turbo has a good map supplied by hondata where a reputable socal tuner stated the hondata map is far up there and tweaks to the map will only net 2% difference.

The comp turbo will need a tune so comp turbo upgrade for $750+$500 for tune+ shipping $40 estimate to there and back=$1290.

So far from my research the 27won w1 has upgraded turbine and compressor which will have a later spool and more top end vs just a compressor upgrade which will have a better low end power curve with a little less top end. Hopefully there will be a map available from ktuner or hondata that is really good and this would be a really good upgrade for the money.
Well actually it's like $750 if you use usps medium flat rate box priority shipping it's only $13 and tune from DRob as etune works too is $300 not $500 so total is around $1070 let's say. 27Won a great turbo option no doubt is $1572.71 shipped but if you don't have hondata which supplies a "basemap" then you need a custom tune or etune for $300 so total is $1872.71 so all in all you can save about $800 although the time to complete is about a week. Or you can buy a premade core with their setup but probably more pricey then.

AsianGuy98

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
The only down side to the comp turbo upgrade is down time..... but if anyone is interested in an Si turbo that has 16.5k miles on it... lmk, Ill even send it to Comp for you!!! I have one for sale.

l15b7allturbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
The only down side to the comp turbo upgrade is down time..... but if anyone is interested in an Si turbo that has 16.5k miles on it... lmk, Ill even send it to Comp for you!!! I have one for sale.
Downtime and tune.. I'm sure it'll work off a basemap just to get around but not to go wot

JDM_DOHC_SiR

Uncle Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Acura TLX Type-S / 2018 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag

CrippleRipple

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si (LSM)*SOLD* & 2018 Honda Accord Sport 2.0T (SNP)
Country flag
Any update on how well the Comp turbo upgrade is working out?
I was saving for a 27WON W1 but I'm really not sure the huge price difference is worth it.
I rather love the low end on these cars and the almost instant boost. Not sure if I could live with the power shift.

OP
OP
LilToTo17

LilToTo17

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
Vehicle(s)
98 Civic EX with SI Conversion-Sold, 2017 Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I was saving for a 27WON W1 but I'm really not sure the huge price difference is worth it.
I rather love the low end on these cars and the almost instant boost. Not sure if I could live with the power shift.
Any turbo upgrade including the comp will shift the power band to the right

joshhjackson2112

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' SI
Country flag
Another + to the 27won turbo is you can keep your stock turbo just in case.... Comp turbo upgrade you pretty much have to pray that all goes well..
I like having all of my original parts. This is also my only car. People with multiple cars can afford to have their SI out of commission for a while.