Community Type R Location / Color / MSRP? Spreadsheet

ratimux

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RAM 1500
Country flag
Autopark Honda in NC is getting a polished metal CTR. I just found out today and they will be selling it at MSRP no add ons. Good luck
Do you know someone there that you can introduce me to? Thanks
Sponsored

ratimux

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RAM 1500
Country flag
Gary Rollins
He may have a list but it’s worth trying
Good luck
Called him and the PMM they had incoming came in and it was sold.

He said that they have a white one in route that they will be selling at MSRP.

ratimux

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RAM 1500
Country flag
Gary Rollins at Autopark Honda in NC also said that they have a used PMM with around 2K miles for sale, but it is not at MSRP

mrbogart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 STI
They've got a list at Autopark - I put my name on it a few months ago and I was #9. I think they've only gotten 2 cars in so far and both have sold at MSRP.

I think they have the used PMM up for like $40k.

redline9573

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 Civic
Vann York Honda in High Point, NC has a CW Type R on the showroom floor that they've marked up to $40,600 as of 4/24/17. Someone should update the spreadsheet because they are definitely not asking MSRP.

Crown Honda in Greensboro, NC has sold four, all for $5000 over sticker they say. Supposedly they are expecting a black Type R in the next week or two but it already sounds like its going to go to the highest bidder. They say they have several people interested already and are looking for deposits.

Sad that all these NC Honda dealers are jumping on the markup bandwagon.

18CarEnthusiast18

First Name
N/A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Type R
Country flag
Vann York Honda in High Point, NC has a CW Type R on the showroom floor that they've marked up to $40,600 as of 4/24/17. Someone should update the spreadsheet because they are definitely not asking MSRP.

Crown Honda in Greensboro, NC has sold four, all for $5000 over sticker they say. Supposedly they are expecting a black Type R in the next week or two but it already sounds like its going to go to the highest bidder. They say they have several people interested already and are looking for deposits.

Sad that all these NC Honda dealers are jumping on the markup bandwagon.
I agree as somebody should defiantly update the list for Vann York as they have NO intention at all to sell for MSRP even though it is listed on many 3rd party sites and even their own home website as MSRP today... They will also send you a discounted price in writing if you click the "Get Our Best Price Now" green button on the their site as it kicked back to me Friday "Todays Deal Price: $32,650" pic included that I took into them and it didn't matter. Long story short when I went into talk and consider purchasing they would not honor the MSRP listed on their site or 3rd parties and would not honor the "Todays Deal Price" either. If you want to see my whole type up of them and this unforunate situation I don't know how to link it, but it is over on the "CTR at (or below?!!) sticker NICE LIST!" thread on this forum. To say the least I am not happy with them. They claim it was an honest mistake, but considering many factors like the main fact it is still listed at MSRP on their site and others days after the issue leads me to believe they are using that price listing as bait just as I suspected when I was there... Don't bother to ask them or accuse them of that though as their new car sales manger will and I quote tell you "kick rocks" and walk away from you.

There are a couple dealers around NC that have Type R's listed for MSRP. I doubt all are playing dirty. I am now wavering if I am going to let this situation keep me bitter enough towards the car/Honda that I no longer consider it as an option to consider or if the more than likely situation of I am going to talk myself into knowing it isn't Honda's fault this one dealer is shady... I think it is going to be the latter of that as seeing and sitting in the car on Friday I think it is worth MSRP when comparing to the other direct options like the many compared articles and videos of the Focus RS. I do not think this car or really any car is worth over MSRP. I have always waited until the hype dies and buy at or below MSRP for my cars as I don't have to be the first to own it. I have done this a few times like with my last exclusive car, the Boss 302, and still loved the car they same. haha

Hope we all find one at MSRP or below and all enjoy the cars. There are good dealers out there we just have to look harder than we should.

**Edit to add I forgot to mention Crown Honda claimed to me as well they have sold a few and plan to get more in, but that was back in Feb so not sure how accurate now as I haven't been back. They had one in their showroom back in Feb when my wife and I were shopping for a Honda Pilot for her. I looked at it while I was waiting on them to grab some keys for a Pilot for my wife. The sales guy we had was great and he claimed to be the only one or one of the only ones to sell the Type R's there (I can't remember what he said exactly.) I didn't pay attention to see if a mark up was listed as I was just about to see my Boss 302 which I waned to sell before I even started looking at other cars. Anyway he was very friendly and did all he could to earn our business, but at the time they didn't have the exact pilot that met my wife needs and we ended up finding one somewhere else that did, but I would do business with the salesperson I had as he seemed to genuinely want to earn our business as did the sales managers I talked to that night when we left and didn't purchase. I have interacted with Crown Honda and some of the other Crown dealerships a few times and I have never left with a bad feeling. I have bought a 1 or a couple cars from the Crown brand over the years. I will try to look and see if I have my Crown Honda salesperson's name and info still for anybody interested in talking with him.

The below pic/attachment is what you will get on Vann York's site as of Friday 04/27. They will not honor it or MSRP so just sharing/posting for what it is worth... Not really a new arrival to them as I have read on other threads of this site they have had it for going on over 2 weeks.
Honda Civic 10th gen Community Type R Location / Color / MSRP? Spreadsheet Locked Price

Last edited:

18CarEnthusiast18

First Name
N/A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Type R
Country flag
They've got a list at Autopark - I put my name on it a few months ago and I was #9. I think they've only gotten 2 cars in so far and both have sold at MSRP.

I think they have the used PMM up for like $40k.
Are you talking about Autopark Honda in Cary, NC? If so they have one listed on their site for MSRP, but I filled out my info to get "my sale price" and got a email saying $39,547 included wheel locks, trunk tray, and all season mats... So looks like they may not be selling this one at MSRP. Well crap that was my hope as this was the only other one in NC at MSRP I think. Looks like if this is the path I want to go I will have to travel out of state to avoid "overpaying" over MSRP... hmmm

Also I find odd that they list a used one for 40K, but told you they sold NEW at MSRP. Why sell NEW cheaper than USED? When I read that my hopes were low, but I figured what do I lose by asking for a price. haha

Orlando_Type_R

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
Are you talking about Autopark Honda in Cary, NC? If so they have one listed on their site for MSRP, but I filled out my info to get "my sale price" and got a email saying $39,547 included wheel locks, trunk tray, and all season mats... So looks like they may not be selling this one at MSRP. Well crap that was my hope as this was the only other one in NC at MSRP I think. Looks like if this is the path I want to go I will have to travel out of state to avoid "overpaying" over MSRP... hmmm

Also I find odd that they list a used one for 40K, but told you they sold NEW at MSRP. Why sell NEW cheaper than USED? When I read that my hopes were low, but I figured what do I lose by asking for a price. haha
Would love to find one within driving distance of Orlando. I keep getting the same story. These cars are rare, yadda yadda. Please, I get it, but they are still making lots of $$ at MSRP.

18CarEnthusiast18

First Name
N/A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Type R
Country flag
Would love to find one within driving distance of Orlando. I keep getting the same story. These cars are rare, yadda yadda. Please, I get it, but they are still making lots of $$ at MSRP.
Yeah what I hate most is they list at MSRP and then want more. If they want more and believe they are worth more then list it for what you want and stop wasting customers and dealers time. haha I understand "rare" cars like this and others will bring a higher than MSRP value for the first bit on the first production cars as people will pay more to be the first to get it in their town and pay for a lower production number especially when that number is put on the car. I like many on here won't but we all know somebody will. However I think that time is winding down or at least I thought for the Type R, but after looking the past few days maybe I miss judged and need to either hold off and wait longer or move on to another car choice. The RS mark ups seem to be gone and were the direct competition to the Type R compared by many like car and driver and the like and both the RS and Type R ranked neck and neck.

Yellow Jacket

First Name
Howie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR in PMM, 1000+ HP Dodge Challenger
Country flag
I got calls off the wait list from 2 different dealerships last week. Voss Honda in Tipp City, OH has a white one at MSRP plus $1800 in accessories. I was the second one called, the first guy wanted it in black so he decided to wait and passed on the white one. I asked how many others were on the wait list, and he said he's got 18 more calls to make, so I'm pretty sure it's gone by now. It's not currently listed on their website.

Andy Mohr Honda has one in PMM, but they are $5,000 above MSRP. That's also not on their website, they had a few more to call on their wait list as well. I suspect that one's gone as well.

remc86007

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
White one available at or very near MSRP at Honda of the Avenues in Jacksonville, FL. If you plan to buy, please PM me and I'll give you the sales guy's name and number. This is the dealer I got mine at in March and it was a great experience.

RacingManiac

First Name
Jen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 VW GTI, 2018 ABM CTR R-17001
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Tamaroff Honda in Southfield, MI has a PMM coming for MSRP. Only thing is it has a reserve on it. They told me it is scheduled around October for arrival. You can put $500 refundable deposit on it to get your name on the list in case if the people ahead of you decide to not go with the car.
Sponsored