Colour painted door handles all around...what are my options?

Deleted User 1886347

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I have the Aegean Blue Touring, as a lot of you know. I'm trying to swap out the chrome parts on my car, and one of the first things is the door handles, and the rest being the mirror trim, and the chrome trim along the door, and getting the Civic RS Black Grill.

Anyways...is there a Genuine Honda parts store in Canada that carries the painted Aegean Blue door handles with the correct holes for smart key? And has anybody ever attempted to swap the door handles before for a different colour? I have found places in the states, such as honda parts network, but they only ship to the States, and another one I found wanted $75 for shipping alone. Short of that, I guess a trip to the dealership if I can't find anything.
Sponsored

SoonerinFL

BOOMER!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T and 2016 Acura TLX Base
I have the Aegean Blue Touring, as a lot of you know. I'm trying to swap out the chrome parts on my car, and one of the first things is the door handles, and the rest being the mirror trim, and the chrome trim along the door, and getting the Civic RS Black Grill.

Anyways...is there a Genuine Honda parts store in Canada that carries the painted Aegean Blue door handles with the correct holes for smart key? And has anybody ever attempted to swap the door handles before for a different colour? I have found places in the states, such as honda parts network, but they only ship to the States, and another one I found wanted $75 for shipping alone. Short of that, I guess a trip to the dealership if I can't find anything.
Funny who people want the opposite of what they have. I prefer the matching color handles rather than the chrome handles.

Zange

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 WoP Civic Touring
Country flag
buying them will be costly, If you are looking to save money best way is either plastidip them or Wrapping. I plastipidded mine and will be trying wrapping on one of them just to get a feel for the difference as i plan to wrap my roof possibly and want to make sure they don't look too different.

greyclocked

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic LX
Country flag
Could you get some of the chrome aftermarket covers and just paint them? The surface should be quite smooth.... maybe you could do something interesting with paint from a touch up pen since it is not a huge surface.

SoonerinFL

BOOMER!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T and 2016 Acura TLX Base
Could you get some of the chrome aftermarket covers and just paint them? The surface should be quite smooth.... maybe you could do something interesting with paint from a touch up pen since it is not a huge surface.
aftermarket chrome covers

https://www.amazon.com/Drive-Handles-Cover-Smart-Honda/dp/B01G8HN2L2/ref=pd_sim_263_4?ie=UTF8&dpID=41SRbidQ+pL&dpSrc=sims&preST=_AC_UL160_SR160,160_&psc=1&refRID=DV4DM0KMGDWNQPJ5J5EH

https://www.amazon.com/Salusy-Handl...sr=1-69&keywords=2016+honda+civic+accessories

greyclocked

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic LX
Country flag

Yea those look like they would work. I would sand them lightly and apply some primer. Let it cure for a couple of days and go to town with a touch up paint pen.

Here is a nice guide on using touch up paint on plastics:

http://www.paintworldinc.com/article_applying_touch_up_paint_on_plastic_parts.aspx

best part is these parts are like $15 bucks shipped and a paint pen should be about the same. If you do not like the quality of the final product, you can just toss it! A heat gun or hair dryer (safer!) and a little tug should remove the tape backing down the road if you want to remove them.
Sponsored