Si pancho

First Name
Franki
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda si
Country flag
I don’t know if this has been answered yet or if it’s a common sense but I was wondering if Hondata or ktune have a base map intake tune for when I install the race maf prl intake. Also if anybody has any advice on anything that would be great , thanks
Sponsored

dark_knight097

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
Country flag
I can't really remember for hondata but ktuner does have a prl race maf base calibration

jayy_swish

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Sport Touring
Country flag
I don’t know if this has been answered yet or if it’s a common sense but I was wondering if Hondata or ktune have a base map intake tune for when I install the race maf prl intake. Also if anybody has any advice on anything that would be great , thanks
Yeah there is.. for hondata you have to click the basemap or custom tune you are going to upload to the ECU and there is a tab “Mod” and there you have options to select the race maf

RicEeyEs

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
10th civic Si
Country flag
Does anyone know if I need a new custom tune for drilling holes in the fake vent that the cai sits behind? Considering there’s a little more air flow

si_well

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si
Country flag
Does anyone know if I need a new custom tune for drilling holes in the fake vent that the cai sits behind? Considering there’s a little more air flow
No. The reason you need a new tune when you get a race intake is because it has a larger MAF (mass air flow) sensor housing, which is where the sensor sits to measure the amount of air being forced into the engine. The MAF measurements are dependent on volume of the housing, meaning how much air can be pushed past the sensor at any given moment (basically volume x rate), and a change in the MAF housing size will throw off measurements the ECU uses to make fuel adjustments as it tries to reach a desired air:fuel ratio. That’s why you need a retune with a race MAF housing to account for that change. The street MAF housing is within 4% of the factory housing and will not throw off measurements enough to affect performance or stability. Increasing the amount of air an intake has access to wont make a difference when it comes to a tune as the accuracy of the MAF measurements are not dependent on it.
Sponsored