Cobra CAI, P2187 Error Code

1. Landonlapore16

Landonlapore16 New Member

First Name:
    Landon
    Car(s):
    2018 Honda Civic Si
    Hey guys,

I just installed my CAI Cobra on my 2018 civic si, running Ktuner TSP Stage 1. I am recieving an error code of p2187. This error code states that the car is running lean at idle, yet im at 14-15 AFR at idle, which from what I read is normal. I have also done W.O.T tests and am seeing an AFR of 11.5 -12.4, and finally at cruising speeds I'm seeing 14.5 - 15.4... I am not sure why this code is popping up. The car, from all the reading I've done according to ktuner software, is running correctly. Yet my cars system seems to think it's not and keeps popping up with "Emissions system problem" on the dash. I would appreciate any help, because I can't figure it out. Has anyone had this issue before? Could I be affected by the emissions system recall? There are no other lights on the dash, nor does ktuner read abnormal numbers on AFR.

Suggestions? This is really anoyying since I've heard nothing but great things about the Cobra.

2. Averia

Averia Member

Car(s):
    2018 Civic Si Sedan
    Generally it is something in the intake path that is letting in more air than the MAF is registering. I had this code yesterday and it appeared to be caused by a loose connection to the intake manifold from my catch can. I cleared the code and tightened down the clamp. The hose was loose enough to easily pull off so the extra air was most likely being introduced there. So basically look for anything after the MAF that is loose, ripped etc. Make sure the hose to the turbo isn't ripped or not seated correctly as that is one you replaced with intake. That would be the most likely but as it was in my case the issue can be anywhere along the intake path.

3. laz's SI

laz's SI Senior Member

First Name:
    Lazaro
    Car(s):
    2019 Civi SI 4 door/ 2017 F-150
    Are you using the street of race Maf?

4. whoisJSR

whoisJSR Senior Member

First Name:
    James
    Car(s):
    2017 Honda Civic Si Coupe
    Just got this code as well. Haven't figured out the cause yet. Did you happen to?

Edit: race MAF for me

Edit 2: stage 2 Flex fuel tune. My AFR hovers around 14.7 which seems high for E40... Might post logs if I need to.

5. ocbooger

ocbooger Senior Member

First Name:
    Jason
    Car(s):
    2018 Honda Civic Sport Touring Hatchback
    What are your fuel trim readings? Are you sure your using the Si PRL intake and not non Si? Is the TSP stage 1 tune for Race, should say RACE in the file name they send you. Also did you switch your maf to race in Ktuner?