frontlinegeek

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CRV Touring, 2017 Civic EX Sedan Honda Sensing
Country flag
Yeah mean like reset without turning the car off then on again? When I had this problem it reset on its on after being at a spot for a couple of seconds
Ya, my experience with the slush would not clear on it's own. I had to restart the car.
Sponsored

ashkar888

First Name
Ashkar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 2017 Hatchback
Hi, I drive a 2017 Hatchback 1.0 EX and I've been having this same issue for a while. No matter how many times I restart the vehicle it remains the same. I even pulled out the battery cables twice and did a diagnosis test a from a universal tab plus the honda certified tab and yet it doesn't detect the issue. I'm uploading two pics taken as soon as it happened. Any assistance to get these working back to normal is highly appreciated :) oh also I got the local agent to check on it and they say there is a issue with the radar but that could only happen if the front of the car met with a collision which didn't happen

Honda Civic 10th gen CMBS, ACC, RDM Warnings While Driving WhatsApp Image 2018-06-06 at 5.34.41 PM New

Honda Civic 10th gen CMBS, ACC, RDM Warnings While Driving WhatsApp Image 2018-06-06 at 5.34.41 PM

frontlinegeek

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Any assistance to get these working back to normal is highly appreciated :) oh also I got the local agent to check on it and they say there is a issue with the radar but that could only happen if the front of the car met with a collision which didn't happen
It is likely just a defective radar module. I would press the issue with the dealership as it should be covered under warranty.

ashkar888

First Name
Ashkar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 2017 Hatchback
It is likely just a defective radar module. I would press the issue with the dealership as it should be covered under warranty.
Is there anything I could do rather than replacing the radar module ?

frontlinegeek

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Is there anything I could do rather than replacing the radar module ?
As a last ditch attempt, you could disconnect the battery to force the whole system to default and see if that clears it up. Outside of that, I know that there is a way to get into maintenance mode on the large 7 inch display equipped Civics but I would have no idea what you could actually figure out for sure in there.

_dc_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Coupe Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Why don't you just take it to the dealer to fix? With 3300km on it you're surely still under warranty. It's likely a defective hardware issue if it doesn't reset even after pulling the battery.

Cintx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX-T HS CVT Aegean Blue
Country flag
I am having the same problem. The dealer gave me this BS answer about how the car shuts those systems off to make the driver operate the car. He said something about feedback pulses. It made zero sense. I have had my car decelerate from highway speed to stopped a great number of times without a problem (normal traffic situations no hard braking). Every time this has occurred, the vehicle in front of my was decelerating. The first time this occurred the CMBS was doing it's job as the person in front of me slammed on their brakes causing the car to brake hard. The other three times, the vehicles in front of me were lightly braking entering a construction zone. The dealership scanned my car but they say no code is present in memory. They offer to ride along to replicate the problem. My response to that was "How? By purposely trying to put myself in a situation where the vehicle senses a collision? That seems dangerous."

I am going to call them about checking out the VSA. Any other idea?
Honda Civic 10th gen CMBS, ACC, RDM Warnings While Driving 20180627_071203
Honda Civic 10th gen CMBS, ACC, RDM Warnings While Driving 20180627_071207
Honda Civic 10th gen CMBS, ACC, RDM Warnings While Driving 20180627_071211
Honda Civic 10th gen CMBS, ACC, RDM Warnings While Driving 20180627_071218
Honda Civic 10th gen CMBS, ACC, RDM Warnings While Driving 20180627_071222
Honda Civic 10th gen CMBS, ACC, RDM Warnings While Driving 20180627_071234
Honda Civic 10th gen CMBS, ACC, RDM Warnings While Driving 20180627_071237
Honda Civic 10th gen CMBS, ACC, RDM Warnings While Driving 20180627_072737

Yeah mean like reset without turning the car off then on again? When I had this problem it reset on its on after being at a spot for a couple of seconds
This can be really annoying when travelling on the highway. You have to pull off, reset the car, and then get back on the road. Today, I just drove the rest of the way to work (20 mins) with no cruise or braking systems. Your experience is what the dealer told me should happen. That the car should automatically reset those codes after driving a short distance. Mine has not done that, they only reset when you shut the car off then restart it.

LeaveEarly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic HB LX HS
I am having the same problem. The dealer gave me this BS answer about how the car shuts those systems off to make the driver operate the car. He said something about feedback pulses. It made zero sense. I have had my car decelerate from highway speed to stopped a great number of times without a problem (normal traffic situations no hard braking). Every time this has occurred, the vehicle in front of my was decelerating. The first time this occurred the CMBS was doing it's job as the person in front of me slammed on their brakes causing the car to brake hard. The other three times, the vehicles in front of me were lightly braking entering a construction zone. The dealership scanned my car but they say no code is present in memory. They offer to ride along to replicate the problem. My response to that was "How? By purposely trying to put myself in a situation where the vehicle senses a collision? That seems dangerous."

I am going to call them about checking out the VSA. Any other idea?
20180627_071203.jpg
20180627_071207.jpg
20180627_071211.jpg
20180627_071218.jpg
20180627_071222.jpg
20180627_071234.jpg
20180627_071237.jpg
20180627_072737.jpg

This can be really annoying when travelling on the highway. You have to pull off, reset the car, and then get back on the road. Today, I just drove the rest of the way to work (20 mins) with no cruise or braking systems. Your experience is what the dealer told me should happen. That the car should automatically reset those codes after driving a short distance. Mine has not done that, they only reset when you shut the car off then restart it.
these warnings only went off maybe once every 10 000km driven at least for me anyway

OP
OP
n00b Gr3n4d3

n00b Gr3n4d3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring 1.5 Turbo
Vehicle Showcase
Interesting, since mine seem to be completely random.

I've driven so far 16 000 km and has come on 4 times total. The scenario in which the errors have occurred have always been different as well.
Most recently, just this past weekend, I was driving through the Rockies in light traffic and no obstructions to the front of the car. It was a windy road, but driving conditions couldn't have been better and out of nowhere all the errors came on.

I have the car in the shop today once more; if anything comes of it I'll post here. Regardless, if they cant find and fix the problem, I'm calling Honda Canada to resolve the issue.

Cintx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX-T HS CVT Aegean Blue
Country flag
According to my dealership there are not codes stored and they have never seen this happen so they can't help me. I'm going to bring it in to them next time it happens so they can read the computer while the error is present.

I emailed the salesman whom I bought the car from with no response. I'll likely elevate to Honda Canada if the dealership can't figure it out.

OP
OP
n00b Gr3n4d3

n00b Gr3n4d3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring 1.5 Turbo
Vehicle Showcase
Alright kids, here's the deal. The same issue came up once more yesterday morning on my drive to work. This time, the errors didn't clear once the car was shut off and turned on again. They're all still there. I took it to the dealer this morning and was given the same BS as usual, i.e. that inclement weather/dirt/water/snow/ice can cause the errors. I got them to scan the vehicle with the errors present so currently I'm waiting for their assessment - I'll be contacting Honda Canada here shortly as well. Love the car, but this thing is a lemon.

frontlinegeek

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I took it to the dealer this morning and was given the same BS as usual, i.e. that inclement weather/dirt/water/snow/ice can cause the errors. I got them to scan the vehicle with the errors present so currently I'm waiting for their assessment - I'll be contacting Honda Canada here shortly as well. Love the car, but this thing is a lemon.
Ya, don't fall for that at all. I have only ever had my radar shut down and shut off all the things twice and only because of actual heavy buildup of slush on the radar transceiver/ducer. And that is now more than a year in on my car and driving in all manner of weather on drives as long as the tank of gas will take it.

I feel for ya having to deal with this as it sucks being left in the lurch on something this expensive. A Civic may not be a BMW in cost but $30 grand in Canadian Copecs is nothing to be so flagrant about as to dismiss. It should be interesting to find out what the final deal is.

Pielo7

First Name
Pierre
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si
Country flag
HiD headligths and type r stearing wheel and front strut bar
Sponsored