Clutchmasters, Spec, or wait?

elusiveaura

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CW CTR - 2020 Acura RDX A-Spec
Country flag
What should I do for the clutch? Wait for others to come out like exedy or get a spec, clutchmasters or some other brand? Would fz350 be fine? Not looking to push crazy power. Don’t ever see myself going over 300 torque at the extreme end. Just want a custom tune and not have to worry about slip.
Sponsored

Scarlet

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Civic LX Sedan - 1998 Civic Hatch - TBD Turbo Something - 2014 Honda Ruckus - 2017 Civic Si Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
What should I do for the clutch? Wait for others to come out like exedy or get a spec, clutchmasters or some other brand? Would fz350 be fine? Not looking to push crazy power. Don’t ever see myself going over 300 torque at the extreme end. Just want a custom tune and not have to worry about slip.
In the end it all depends on your build and power goals / tuning. I believe the Clutch Masters p/n is rated by torque numbers at the flywheel (meaning not wheel torque numbers). I've been running the FX350 for about 3-4K miles now, haven't been on a dyno yet, but she should be sitting right around 260-270 whp - 320-340 wt, haven't had any issues other than learning the feel of the new clutch.

OP
OP
elusiveaura

elusiveaura

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I think you’re definitely running more mods and power than me so I should be fine with the 350 then. Is there a lot of chatter with it or any issues with the pedal adjustment? I’m hoping if I go with the 350 that the life would be good

In the end it all depends on your build and power goals / tuning. I believe the Clutch Masters p/n is rated by torque numbers at the flywheel (meaning not wheel torque numbers). I've been running the FX350 for about 3-4K miles now, haven't been on a dyno yet, but she should be sitting right around 260-270 whp - 320-340 wt, haven't had any issues other than learning the feel of the new clutch.

Scarlet

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Civic LX Sedan - 1998 Civic Hatch - TBD Turbo Something - 2014 Honda Ruckus - 2017 Civic Si Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Th
I think you’re definitely running more mods and power than me so I should be fine with the 350 then. Is there a lot of chatter with it or any issues with the pedal adjustment? I’m hoping if I go with the 350 that the life would be good
There was alot of playing around with the pedal adjustments when first installed, in fact had to play with it to even get the car to engage after installation and start! Haven't made one adjustment though since the initial adjustments. There is some slight chatter when taking off in 1st, most of it is gone after 1k 0r so miles, but the little that remains, I hardly notice unless my windows are all down, no music on, etc.

Two Step Performance

Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twostepperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
17 Si, 19 Accord 2.0T, 23 Type R
Country flag
We have a customer that is a current FX300 owner that (like many other Clutch Masters owners) is very dissatisfied with the chatter, engagement point, etc. We have made the arrangements to have his car at SPEC's facility next week to have the FX300 unit replaced. If you are not in a huge hurry to buy one, I would wait and see what he has to think about the SPEC kit once installed. He has promised a thorough review for us. :thumbsup:

OP
OP
elusiveaura

elusiveaura

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I suppose I can wait haha. Thanks.

We have a customer that is a current FX300 owner that (like many other Clutch Masters owners) is very dissatisfied with the chatter, engagement point, etc. We have made the arrangements to have his car at SPEC's facility next week to have the FX300 unit replaced. If you are not in a huge hurry to buy one, I would wait and see what he has to think about the SPEC kit once installed. He has promised a thorough review for us. :thumbsup:

davemarco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R (CBP), 2013 Audi TTRS
Country flag
Any updates from your customer on this?

Two Step Performance

Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twostepperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Any updates from your customer on this?
SPEC has unfortunately been slow to fit them in their schedule. It’s still on the books but has not happened yet.

Two Step Performance

Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twostepperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
Country flag