Clutchmasters FX350 Clutch Long Term Reviews or thoughts?

minitech

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic SI 4 door
Country flag
Hi i am looking for any feedback long term on anyone with FX35o clutch with the stock dual mass flywheel on how it is holding up and the feel of it so far for city driving. I am considering this set up as my car only has 14k miles so i am considering running the stock flywheel (unless its getting bad reviews). I am considering bumping my tune up slightly to 9psi from Hondata and CAI but thats about it for mods. Most of the other threads on here do not have many miles or age on them so i wanted to see how they are holding up so far, Thanks!
Sponsored

ebatr24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R, 2018 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
I have the FX350, current mods are FMIC, DP/FP, Cobra intake, and KTuner TSP Stg 1. About 4 months in and a few thousands miles, the clutch holds power well. The way it drives is kinda cheeks though if I am honest. I hate the chatter. I can drive it without the chatter for the most part now as you get use to working the pedal but I do miss the stock clutch being so easy to drive. I previously didn't mind letting my close friends, family, and my lady driving the car. I think twice about letting anyone drive it because I don't want them to ruin anything by letting the car chatter so much on launches. That being said only taking off is annoying, the clutch feels nice after first gear. I still try not to do a bunch of low rpm 4th gear pulls to preserve the clutch but I haven't had a slip up yet. Going flex fuel next but once this clutch goes out the plan is to do a complete kit with a new single mass flywheel, probably the Type R clutch/flywheel from Eman at NA performance unless something better comes along.

BoostedSiCoupe

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si
Country flag
i cant wait until exedy releases a (non oem) clutch for our 10th gens. ive always had good experiences with their clutches and no chatter issues

ebatr24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
i cant wait until exedy releases a (non oem) clutch for our 10th gens. ive always had good experiences with their clutches and no chatter issues
I think the chatter comes mainly from using a DMF with an aggressive clutch. I hope Exedy makes an awesome clutch as well but since the OEM DMF cannot be resurfaced and costs $800 from Honda, changing to a SMF will likely be the most ideal choice for anyone in the future. That being said, the CM is serving it's purpose for now.

BoostedSiCoupe

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si
Country flag
I think the chatter comes mainly from using a DMF with an aggressive clutch. I hope Exedy makes an awesome clutch as well but since the OEM DMF cannot be resurfaced and costs $800 from Honda, changing to a SMF will likely be the most ideal choice for anyone in the future. That being said, the CM is serving it's purpose for now.
wait... our stock FWs cant be resurfaced???

Vincent@27WON

REDEFINE the Aftermarket
Elite Sponsor
First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.27won.com
Vehicle(s)
18 SI, 18 CTR, 22 Si, 23 Integra
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I second this. ^

@minitech have been running the FX400 personally on my SI now for about 7000 miles with no issues. That also includes 2 track days and about ~50 dyno pulls. Stock flywheel. I currently as of about 3 weeks ago am testing another clutch set up with light weight flywheel.

Driggz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Si 2017
Country flag
I second this. ^

@minitech have been running the FX400 personally on my SI now for about 7000 miles with no issues. That also includes 2 track days and about ~50 dyno pulls. Stock flywheel. I currently as of about 3 weeks ago am testing another clutch set up with light weight flywheel.
Ever thought about making a 27won brand clutch?

Vincent@27WON

REDEFINE the Aftermarket
Elite Sponsor
First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.27won.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Ever thought about making a 27won brand clutch?
Oddly enough I get asked that more than you would think. I mean we kind of have but it would require that we partner with a clutch manufacturer. We don't have the tooling and equipment to make them in-house so we would have to source someone like exedy or luk to work with. That and since it's not something we have done before it would take a good deal of time and resources.

ebatr24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Nope, supposedly it can damage the internals leading to issues so it is not recommended to resurface them. Most DMFs can be used once after a clutch change as long as they haven't been warped from heat but that is about as much as you will get out of them. I kept my DMF when I did my FX350 because it was in decent shape with only 10k miles on it but I am sure after some real abuse it will need replacing. Definitely not giving Honda $800 for another crappy DMF.

OP
OP
minitech

minitech

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic SI 4 door
Country flag
I second this. ^

Thanks everybody for the information and input, also @Vincent@27WON how was the pedal feel on the FX400 running the stock flywheel ?

Vincent@27WON

REDEFINE the Aftermarket
Elite Sponsor
First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.27won.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Thanks everybody for the information and input, also @Vincent@27WON how was the pedal feel on the FX400 running the stock flywheel?
Pedal feel was great. clutch engagement point could be improved.

JDMpo0kie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
I was at clutchmasters yesterday in Rialto, CA. I purchased the FX300 clutch and I asked them why they got bad reviews. They said people don't get their stock flywheel resurfaced and thats why the clutch won't work. I just went and got the single-mass flywheel instead. Hopefully that helps you a little?

kshawn

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag
i have the 350 with single mass fly and it has always done a little chattering going into first. other then that, no complaints.

Old George

First Name
Georges
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag
I ride with an FX 300 and a stock DMF since 5000 km. The pedal is hard and the point of engagemnt is short. i have also little chatter issue in first and rear.
However, she does the work. Mee too, I am waiting for Exedy!
Sponsored