Clutch Pedal + Winter weather = no bueno

zerointerrupt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Si Coupe
Country flag
Since we got dumped on yesterday (Northwest Indiana) i've noticed my foot slipping around on the clutch petal. Has anyone changed out their petal or is it just me?
Sponsored

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Polestar 2, 2010 Lexus IS 350 Sport
Country flag
Since we got dumped on yesterday (Northwest Indiana) i've noticed my foot slipping around on the clutch petal. Has anyone changed out their petal or is it just me?
I'ts probably ice on your shoe or moisture icing up on the clutch causing your foot to slip. I am sure there is a remedy for that

OP
OP
zerointerrupt

zerointerrupt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Si Coupe
Country flag
I'ts probably ice on your shoe or moisture icing up on the clutch causing your foot to slip. I am sure there is a remedy for that
I think its more of a wet shoe and a car with less than 250 miles on it.. I may swap and see if the standard petal works better.

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Polestar 2, 2010 Lexus IS 350 Sport
Country flag

Zeffy94

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mazda3 GT Hatch 6AT, 2018 Honda Civic Type R (traded in)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I keep a towel in the car to dry my shoes off when they are wet. Slipping is a real issue for me.

Maroco

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Honda civic lx 2020 civic si
Country flag
Im almoat certain my 2020 has rubber grommets inlaid into the metal pedal. Ill investigate on my break

Seth_FC3

First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 SI coupe
Country flag
Im almoat certain my 2020 has rubber grommets inlaid into the metal pedal. Ill investigate on my break
They're rubbery but I think its like a plastic rubber if that makes any sense. It still gets slippery when its wet for me

Seth_FC3

First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 SI coupe
Country flag
They're not really the best when it comes to not being slippery

SDAlexander8

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17’ Si FC3, 17’ Accord 2dr V6 6MT, 22’ RL RTL-E
Country flag
They are slippery when wet. I’d keep a towel in the trunk or something if it really bothers you.

Where you at in Indiana?

Maroco

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
They're rubbery but I think its like a plastic rubber if that makes any sense. It still gets slippery when its wet for me
I just did a little investigating. I cant imagine a more rubbery substance being used on my car. Maybe the coupe and sedan are different? The grommets on my pedal are more rubbery/sticky than my tires. They feel like pencil erasers. I wet my shoe and couldn't get my foot to slip when trying deliberately.

Seth_FC3

First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 SI coupe
Country flag
I just did a little investigating. I cant imagine a more rubbery substance being used on my car. Maybe the coupe and sedan are different? The grommets on my pedal are more rubbery/sticky than my tires. They feel like pencil erasers. I wet my shoe and couldn't get my foot to slip when trying deliberately.
Really? That's interesting. If my shoes are wet, they won't really slip off the pedal entirely but my foot does slip

Maroco

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Really? That's interesting. If my shoes are wet, they won't really slip off the pedal entirely but my foot does slip
I wonder if its the shoe material thats the problem. Ive yet to drive my car with anything other than new gym shoes. They themselves are sticky as all hell

2ndCivic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 civic si
Country flag
I wonder if its the shoe material thats the problem. Ive yet to drive my car with anything other than new gym shoes. They themselves are sticky as all hell
It makes a huge difference. I tried driving in wet hiking shoes the other day and the rubber is so sticky and the grommets sat in the grooves of the shoe making it feel too clunky. I decided to drive barefoot instead.

Snidely

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 civic si
Country flag
It's most definitely your shoes. I have a couple pairs of shoes that try to slip off pedals if I go out in the rain. Especially my converse or any type of dressy shoe with a smooth bottom
Sponsored