Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
Vehicle(s)
98 Civic EX with SI Conversion-Sold, 2017 Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
So I upgraded to Eman’s clutch master cylinder and bled the system correctly as there was no more air in the system. Driving the car was fine and there wasn’t any noise till later on I adjusted the 17mm pedal height and rod to lower the freeplay a little like I always did with the stock cmc. The. The noise started happening like an air noise but there’s no air in the system.

Sponsored

Last edited:

PowerPerLiter

Specific Output
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Si Coupe 91 Talon TSI AWD 6262 280's N20 and 87 Buick Regal T 6776bb built N20
So I upgraded to Eman’s clutch master cylinder and bled the system correctly as there was no more air in the system. Driving the car was fine and there wasn’t any noise till later on I adjusted the 17mm pedal height and rod to lower the freeplay a little like I always did with the stock cmc. The. The noise started happening like an air noise but there’s no air in the system.

Reverse your last adjustment and see if it's gone?

OP
OP
LilToTo17

LilToTo17

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
OP
OP
LilToTo17

LilToTo17

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Would you still recommend the Eman CMC? Is this a common issue? I'll need to know if I am going to get it myself when Eman finally responds to my DM.
Oh yeah Eman’s cmc isn’t the issue lol I still bang gears and no lockouts or grinds but my shitty fx350 is probably toast because Clutchmasters is just a shit clutch brand for 10th gens. I mean they say it’s ok for their clutches to hit and rub against the tranny lol. I did just finish my etuning with Drob so making a lot more torque because I slip at peak torque which is around 4K rpm. W1 turbo with fbo on shit California 91 pump pushing 26-27psi

2tone

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic si. 2006 bmw 325i
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Oh yeah Eman’s cmc isn’t the issue lol I still bang gears and no lockouts or grinds but my shitty fx350 is probably toast because Clutchmasters is just a shit clutch brand for 10th gens. I mean they say it’s ok for their clutches to hit and rub against the tranny lol. I did just finish my etuning with Drob so making a lot more torque because I slip at peak torque which is around 4K rpm. W1 turbo with fbo on shit California 91 pump pushing 26-27psi
How many miles on your fx350? I’m about to hit 35k and plan to swap mine while I currently have the time off from work just to be safe but I don’t think mine is ready to give up yet

BoostedDreams

First Name
Heisenburg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R, 2006 Mazda 6
Country flag

My spec does the same thing. More of a squeak. Even with an updated CMC from wilwood. You get use to it

OP
OP
LilToTo17

LilToTo17

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
How many miles on your fx350? I’m about to hit 35k and plan to swap mine while I currently have the time off from work just to be safe but I don’t think mine is ready to give up yet
9k lol

glossyprimerX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Sport Hatch MT Sonic Gray
Country flag
Is there a thread regarding Eman's CMC upgrade? What does he do to make the CMC better? He is working on the type r clutch kit for me. Do I need to worry about upgrading anything else at the same time.

10GenPearlSi

Old Man
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Pearl Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Is there a thread regarding Eman's CMC upgrade? What does he do to make the CMC better? He is working on the type r clutch kit for me. Do I need to worry about upgrading anything else at the same time.
There are threads. He adapts the CTR CMC so it can be fitted into the 1.5T's. That has a larger fluid capacity so it doesn't require as long a throw to the pedal. It works for faster shifts. Mine is a DD so I kept the stock Si CMC. It works OK for me. Just a little longer throw. I now wish I would have upgraded the rear motor mount and put Amsoil in the transmission when I installed the CTR clutch. Downpipe? PS the CTR clutch may be my favorite mod. I can now lay down all the power my Si has!

OP
OP
LilToTo17

LilToTo17

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
There are threads. He adapts the CTR CMC so it can be fitted into the 1.5T's. That has a larger fluid capacity so it doesn't require as long a throw to the pedal. It works for faster shifts. Mine is a DD so I kept the stock Si CMC. It works OK for me. Just a little longer throw. I now wish I would have upgraded the rear motor mount and put Amsoil in the transmission when I installed the CTR clutch. Downpipe? PS the CTR clutch may be my favorite mod. I can now lay down all the power my Si has!
His Si cmc and type r cmc are different. He also keeps all the dampeners in them.

joshhjackson2112

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' SI
Country flag
Eman told me the upgraded CMC was mainly for the CM guys. Told me it was not necessary for my CTR retrofit. Shows you the kind of guy he is. He could have easily sold me on it for extra sale. Can't wait to get mine installed. Still looking for someone to do it atm.

OP
OP
LilToTo17

LilToTo17

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Your problem is you adjusted the rod. I had the same problem almost as a nasty squeaking sound
Yeah lol and no way to fix it? More oem grease?

_.berr

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si
Country flag
If i remember correctly sometimes adjusting that 17mm can fuck up the rod. I know when my CMC fucked up after i adjusted it i bought another one because it wasnt the same. I could be wrong maybe its just need to be adjusted more
Sponsored