Clutch Options

Jes_si562

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic si. 1990 Honda civic w d16z6 swap (sold) 2019 Honda Civic Hatchback sport(wifes)
Country flag
which one is better for our generation
im not sure tbh, theres so far been like 2 people running the act clutch organic disc. 1 guy had no problems with it he had to upgrade his cmc to get it to not lock out gears on high rpm. The other guy claims not to have any issue but he hasnt banged gears. The one guy runing the action clutch stage 3 has no problems at all he even has videos of him shifting at high rpm
Sponsored

OP
OP
luispe7

luispe7

First Name
Luis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
im not sure tbh, theres so far been like 2 people running the act clutch organic disc. 1 guy had no problems with it he had to upgrade his cmc to get it to not lock out gears on high rpm. The other guy claims not to have any issue but he hasnt banged gears. The one guy runing the action clutch stage 3 has no problems at all he even has videos of him shifting at high rpm
do you have his link?

MutatedMango

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Civic Si FC3
Country flag
yeah theres someone runing a stage 3 on here, and he said he has no problems at all and hes still on the stock cmc. I had experience with them to i had a stage 3 as well on my d16z6 and its still grabbing hard sold the car to my brother and he pushed 270lb/tq with no issues and its been 2 yrs and its still on the same clutch. the only thing about it was that the clutch peddle was hard
What's CMC?

JT Si

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Car
Country flag
I have an Act clutch I've been using for about 1500 miles and I have zero complaints about the clutch itself. Works great, slips when I need it to, no chatter, holds my TSP stage 1 with no problem.

My issues with the master cylinder are hard to overlook, and I haven't sorted that yet. Waiting for Sirimoto to finish redesigning the N1. If that doesn't work out, it's kzCMC for me.

bbeem

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 si sedan, FZ1, CR450R, Shadow 750
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I have the willwood cmc with my spec 2+. The first wilwood cmc leaked after a few months and I replaced it with free replacement. Everything works great except the problem I have now is the clutch pedal sensor is a potentiometer. It measures the throw from begining to end so I cant really fake it. I have the pedal adjusted differently for the new cmc so I can't lift it high enough to set cruise control. I'm thinking I'll have to remove that bracket and cut it and weld it up to measure the throw differently.

Hollywoo0220

Customer Service oriented (most of the time) :-)
First Name
RJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dihatsu Charade, BMW, Various Hondas, Focus ST, and VW GTI
Country flag
Hello peeps I hope everyone is staying safe during these difficult times due to Covid-19

Now to my question, I know there are several topics regarding clutches and i know that Eman's is the best clutch option. Having said that I wanted to rank the clutches from best to worst as I am planning on upgrading my clutch in the near future. Currently I am with TSP Stage 1 tune with PRL FMIC, RV6 catted dp, PRL cobra race maf cai. I have heard brands like Spec, ACT, Clutchmasters, Competition and Eman's, however, i have no idea which one is better (except for Eman's I know his is the best).

If you have experience with any of the brands above or any other brands please share your thoughts as it would help us all decide when it's time to change the clutch.

Thanks,
You would want to opt for one that is SPRUNG - the more pucks the better.
Don't know how much HP you hope to obtain in the future, or if you have hopes to obtain a larger turbo or not, or just sticking with just the TSP tune. However, in the event you do an FX400 Heavy Duty Sprung 6-Puck would be up your alley. That hold you pretty solid for a while.
You can always check with the Manufacturers and get the solid Torque Holding figures from them. Just know WHAT peak torque you wish/will achieve and keep that torque -10% from the capacity of that clutch. With the Sprung design, you can just let go of the clutch instead of "feathering" it - which is more abrasive on the linings (thus the development of slippage).

Last edited:

CTR_13544

First Name
Melissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
Hello peeps I hope everyone is staying safe during these difficult times due to Covid-19

Now to my question, I know there are several topics regarding clutches and i know that Eman's is the best clutch option. Having said that I wanted to rank the clutches from best to worst as I am planning on upgrading my clutch in the near future. Currently I am with TSP Stage 1 tune with PRL FMIC, RV6 catted dp, PRL cobra race maf cai. I have heard brands like Spec, ACT, Clutchmasters, Competition and Eman's, however, i have no idea which one is better (except for Eman's I know his is the best).

If you have experience with any of the brands above or any other brands please share your thoughts as it would help us all decide when it's time to change the clutch.

Thanks,

I might be biased because I work for Competition Clutch, but I've also had several of our clutches in my Hondas through the years and have helped to test the latest 10th gen product. So thats my vote. ;)

86salmon

It's Hedley, Hedley Lamarr!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic si sedan, 2001 Nissan Frontier
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I might be biased because I work for Competition Clutch, but I've also had several of our clutches in my Hondas through the years and have helped to test the latest 10th gen product. So thats my vote. ;)
When is it available?

Vincent@27WON

REDEFINE the Aftermarket
Elite Sponsor
First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.27won.com
Vehicle(s)
18 SI, 18 CTR, 22 Si, 23 Integra
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Actually thinking about carrying some clutch options on our website possibly so for sure interested in what everyone would like to see us carry.

Poisonapple95

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic si
Country flag
Actually thinking about carrying some clutch options on our website possibly so for sure interested in what everyone would like to see us carry.
Im also looking at clutch options and having a site do something like this with information i can use to compare would be so great.

Jes_si562

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic si. 1990 Honda civic w d16z6 swap (sold) 2019 Honda Civic Hatchback sport(wifes)
Country flag
Action clutch is in los angles, so maybe them when you come down to vegas
Sponsored