Clutch Masters Clutch and PLM Pipes Finally!!

Siguy

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si
Country flag
Just dropped off the SI at the shop for an Fx350 and PLM downpipe and Front pipe install!! Ill keep everyone updated and give a review once I get the car back! I can't wait to finally be able to utilize all the power this car is making and look forward to a flex fuel upgrade in the near future! I was really debating on going with the fx200 bc it's not a segmented disc like the fx250 fx300 or fx350 but I was worried that it wouldn't be future proof for upcoming mods I want to do. Do you guys think I made the right decision? The fx200 I think would have a longer life and would be a more comfortable clutch but I just don't think it would handle all the torque this little motor makes, especially once I do the flex fuel modification. My next thought was to wait for exedy to release their clutch but I just didn't want to wait any longer! Hopefully I'm just over thinking my decision and the fx350 will serve it's purpose well and will last a long time!
Sponsored

Doublestack00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Boost Blue Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I will most likely go with the FX300, not quite as strong as the FX350 but a lot longer life. I do not plan on doing much more than intake/downpipe and custom 93 Vit tune as this is my DD.

gylmar814

Gylmar814
First Name
Gylmar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 ABM Civic Si Sedan, 2018 Mazda Cx-5, (RIP) '17 SGP Civic Hatch Ex
Country flag
Just dropped off the SI at the shop for an Fx350 and PLM downpipe and Front pipe install!! Ill keep everyone updated and give a review once I get the car back! I can't wait to finally be able to utilize all the power this car is making and look forward to a flex fuel upgrade in the near future! I was really debating on going with the fx200 bc it's not a segmented disc like the fx250 fx300 or fx350 but I was worried that it wouldn't be future proof for upcoming mods I want to do. Do you guys think I made the right decision? The fx200 I think would have a longer life and would be a more comfortable clutch but I just don't think it would handle all the torque this little motor makes, especially once I do the flex fuel modification. My next thought was to wait for exedy to release their clutch but I just didn't want to wait any longer! Hopefully I'm just over thinking my decision and the fx350 will serve it's purpose well and will last a long time!
If you don't mind me asking, how much they charging you to do the clutch? Considering whether I should do it myself or save the hassle with a shop.. thanks.

OP
OP

Siguy

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si
Country flag
Depends how long it takes him. He charges 60 dollars an hour so probably around 600 for the clutch and the pipes. I'm hoping it's not much more than that.

2tone

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic si. 2006 bmw 325i
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I will most likely go with the FX300, not quite as strong as the FX350 but a lot longer life. I do not plan on doing much more than intake/downpipe and custom 93 Vit tune as this is my DD.
I was thinking about doing the same just not sure if the 300 can hold vits tune and fully bolted. If you pull the trigger before me let me know lol

OP
OP

Siguy

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si
Country flag
Finally got the car back tonight and drove it 20 miles home. First thought was wow this clutch is much stiffer and not nearly as smooth. I think half the issue is that the clutch needs to be adjusted because it doesn't catch until it is forced all the way to the floor so sometime this week ill have to figure out how to tighten that up. I assume it's just an adjustment close to the clutch pedal? Or I might just take it back to the shop. The other thing I noticed is when getting going from a dead stop in 1st or reverse it is difficult to slip the clutch slightly to make a smooth transition. I assume it's just because it's new and it's a stage 3.5 so it's meant to just bite and go. I'm sure in 2 weeks I will get used to this and it will be fine. The mechanic was pretty pissed about the fitment of the PLM pipes. Even with the angled adapter he had to do a lot of extra work in order to make it a proper fit. Should have gone with prl pipes and that would be my recommendation for everyone else for installation simplicity. I can definitely tell these pipes give the car better performance and the turbo spools much quicker! They are louder than stock and do tend to be a bit raspy at certain rpms which I'm sure any catless downpipe Front pipe combo will do regardless of who makes it. A 3 inch straight pipe is the same regardless of the manufacturer in respect to both sound and performance.

KramVT0215

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Coupe, 2008 Acura TL
Country flag
Yeah my guess would be you just need to adjust the clutch pedal rod going into the master cylinder. The FX350 I've heard is a bit rough at first until its broken in I bought this clutch too and will be installing it soon. You got a great price on labor! Around my area they wanted $950 for install and quoted 10 hours of labor so I decided i'll do it myself with some friends.

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T, 2015 Acura RDX AWD Tech
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Finally got the car back tonight and drove it 20 miles home. First thought was wow this clutch is much stiffer and not nearly as smooth. I think half the issue is that the clutch needs to be adjusted because it doesn't catch until it is forced all the way to the floor so sometime this week ill have to figure out how to tighten that up. I assume it's just an adjustment close to the clutch pedal? Or I might just take it back to the shop. The other thing I noticed is when getting going from a dead stop in 1st or reverse it is difficult to slip the clutch slightly to make a smooth transition. I assume it's just because it's new and it's a stage 3.5 so it's meant to just bite and go. I'm sure in 2 weeks I will get used to this and it will be fine. The mechanic was pretty pissed about the fitment of the PLM pipes. Even with the angled adapter he had to do a lot of extra work in order to make it a proper fit. Should have gone with prl pipes and that would be my recommendation for everyone else for installation simplicity. I can definitely tell these pipes give the car better performance and the turbo spools much quicker! They are louder than stock and do tend to be a bit raspy at certain rpms which I'm sure any catless downpipe Front pipe combo will do regardless of who makes it. A 3 inch straight pipe is the same regardless of the manufacturer in respect to both sound and performance.
Every single person that has done the clutch has made the same complaint and yes it needs the pedal adjusted.

bgutierrezx

First Name
Bryant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
10th gen civic ext 4dr sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Did you get a defouler ? I just got mine today it came with one.

OP
OP

Siguy

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si
Country flag
Wasn't a fan with the fit of those pipes. They rested on the slave cylinder and rattled. Also was not a fan of the rasp, they were returned for a refund. My ricer days are over! I did speak with another member and he said he had to have a muffler shop weld on an extra resonator to deal with the rasp so I would recommend doing that!

Doublestack00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Boost Blue Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Wasn't a fan with the fit of those pipes. They rested on the slave cylinder and rattled. Also was not a fan of the rasp, they were returned for a refund. My ricer days are over! I did speak with another member and he said he had to have a muffler shop weld on an extra resonator to deal with the rasp so I would recommend doing that!

Same here. Spend the extra few bucks on a catted AFE. Sounds amazing, close to stock quite, no rasp, no rattle and no drone.

OP
OP

Siguy

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si
Country flag
might have to remember that in the future! How's the performance? Still spool up a lot faster than factory?
Sponsored