Clutch fluid / brake fluid reservoir

Maximum6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S2000 2005, Type R 2019
Country flag
Looking at photos of the engine bay... i dont see a clutch fluid reservoir. Does the clutch work through the brake fluid reservoir? I know VW golfs only have a brake fluid reservoir

Honda Civic 10th gen Clutch fluid / brake fluid reservoir IMG_0323.PNG
Sponsored

CTR1633FK2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R Fk2 + Civic Type R Fk8
Country flag
Interesting, because the FK2 does have a clutch reservoir.

ayau

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Country flag
Does the base hatch have one? I'd imagine it would be very similar to that.

jks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura RSX
Country flag
Discovered this in the owner's manual for the hatch today. Looks like clutch and brakes share the same reservoir. I think it's a terrible idea. If the clutch master or slave cylinders develop a leak, which they will eventually, won't that affect the brakes? Won't hot brake fluid affect the operation of the hydraulic clutch? The clutch fluid must be flushed more often because of brake fluid contamination? It sounds like a really bad idea.

elmoTK

R-00272
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CW '17 CTR, '07 TSX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Discovered this in the owner's manual for the hatch today. Looks like clutch and brakes share the same reservoir. I think it's a terrible idea. If the clutch master or slave cylinders develop a leak, which they will eventually, won't that affect the brakes? Won't hot brake fluid affect the operation of the hydraulic clutch? The clutch fluid must be flushed more often because of brake fluid contamination? It sounds like a really bad idea.
It's just a reservoir. On the brake system, it feeds into the ABS/VSA modulator. On the Clutch side, it feeds into the Master Cylinder. There's a switch in the reservoir that will illuminate a warning light on the dash should the fluid go low. Like any high performance car, you should periodically check components anyway. It's part of a tech inspection for any track day or autocross activity. The plus side of this is a simpler hydraulic system, saving valuable space in a tight engine compartment. And cost and weight savings using less components.

atom3624

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Prestige
Country flag
Must admit I was curious about this. Only found one fluid reservoir.
I'm certain that Honda have both done the economics - how much they can save - and the reliability checks to justify one reservoir.

Al.

OP
OP
Maximum6

Maximum6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S2000 2005, Type R 2019
Country flag
I think its fine to have it in the same reservoir.

Now where is the clutch bleeder valve....

OP
OP
Maximum6

Maximum6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S2000 2005, Type R 2019
Country flag
Has anyone found the clutch bleeding procedure?

OP
OP
Maximum6

Maximum6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S2000 2005, Type R 2019
Country flag
So I'm gonna assume if I use a power bleeder on the reservoir since it is the Brake fluid reservoir as well, I wouldn't need to pump the clutch, I would just loosen the bleeder screw "A"

CTR1633FK2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R Fk2 + Civic Type R Fk8
Country flag
Gravity is sufficient. Power bleeder or pumping not really needed.

rnh204

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CW CTR #8445 | 2010 Porsche 911 GT3RS (Track Car) | 2014 Infiniti QX80 (Family Tow Car) | 2013 Trailex CT-84180 (Trailer)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
If it’s of any solace, porsche GT cars share the clutch and brake reservoir. I’ve yet to hear of any issues because it’s shared.

ez12a

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 CW Type R
Country flag
Personally dont mind it being shared. One less system to worry about, and it gets new every time the brake fluid is changed (still gotta flush it though from the slave cylinder). In my old TL the tiny clutch reservoir was hard fill properly cause it was tucked away in the far corner of the engine bay.

PowerPerLiter

Specific Output
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Si Coupe 91 Talon TSI AWD 6262 280's N20 and 87 Buick Regal T 6776bb built N20
the words loosen and tighten should be reversed in step 3....this is mildly concerning.....definite typo there.
Sponsored