yyalb

First Name
Albert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
10 gen Civic Si
Country flag
17 SI, 27k miles. Recently the front left wheel starts to have clunky noise when going over high-frequency bumps. When kicking the wheel with foot, you can also hear that metallic sound. The noise goes away whenever I depress the brake, so we suspect that it is from the brake. I went to the dealership this morning for this. They took my brake calipers apart, lubricated them and reinstalled them, and the noise has gone away.
However, when I drove the car in the noon, my friend located the same noise at front wheel the passenger side! Same noise, same symptom. Anyone has had this issue?
Sponsored

racer

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si sedan.
Country flag
Did the receipt indicate that they did BOTH brakes, or just the drivers side that you mention was at issue?

There is a code in the MM (B something, for US market cars, Canadian scale is different) that indicates a need for "brake inspection" which is supposed to include a lubing of the brake caliper.

OP
OP
yyalb

yyalb

First Name
Albert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
10 gen Civic Si
Country flag
Did the receipt indicate that they did BOTH brakes, or just the drivers side that you mention was at issue?

There is a code in the MM (B something, for US market cars, Canadian scale is different) that indicates a need for "brake inspection" which is supposed to include a lubing of the brake caliper.
I don't think lubrication for brake is mentioned in the MM, just inspection. I only let them inspect the driver side, coz I didn't know the passenger side had it too. Anyway, it shouldn't be a big issue IMO, just very annoying.
Our car is a blast to drive, but the rattles and noises from tires, brakes, and interior are just horrendous, especially on Michigan roads with aftermarket wheels.

_.berr

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si
Country flag
Im noticing some motion sounds meaning whenever the car is in motion i hear this rubbing noise. Ive eliminated my axle took it out & popped it in. I do have coilovers so i doubled checked in case it could be that. I came down to a conclusion its either my brake pads arent placed right, something is stuck, or the rotors need to be machined. Only 8k miles on my Si Coupe.
Sponsored