Clunking/knocking noise coming front right wheel whenever hitting bumps

Dezso3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic LX
What are the symptoms of a bad stabilizer bar bushing besides producing a clunking noise? What are the symptoms of a bad upper control arm bushing besides producing a clunking noise? How about the symptoms of a bad steering rack mounting bushing, besides producing a clunking noise?
Sponsored

kkim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 PPM Sport Hatch manual, 04 Tacoma 4WD, 16 Fit EX
I have that same noise. Curious what it could be as it does not seem to impact the handling of the car. I've read horror stories of this same noise over on the Accord forums. :(

Sman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 EX Hatch w/ Sensing
When my coil spring broke (couple inches on the bottom) that metal piece would sit there and make a clunking noise on bumps.

kkim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 PPM Sport Hatch manual, 04 Tacoma 4WD, 16 Fit EX
As a test, I removed the aluminum pan under the engine that you remove during an oil change. It seems to have gotten rid of my clicking suspension noise a lot, so far. We'll see if the noise returns or not.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic EX-T 2016
Hi, not sure if yours went away yet but I had the same issue but from the front left wheel on my EX-T sedan. I took it to my dealership but interestingly it decided to go away that very day. They still took a look at the car and said they checked the wheels, suspension etc on the front of the car and found nothing wrong. They said Honda also doesnt look into suspension problems until after the first 10,000 km since the suspension is still settling in and there could be noises.

Interestingly enough while they were giving me a ride home in a different car, (left my car with them to be inspected) I heard the same noise in it and told the guy thats how the noise on mine was. The vehicle was a 2016 Honda HR-V, and the dealership driver told me that happens sometimes while the suspension settles in, and will go away on its own. It's been 3 months (also about 3000 km) since then and the noise actually never came back so I assume they were right. Hope yours goes away too.

OP
OP

Dezso3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic LX
I took my Civic to Pep Boys Hackensack yesterday, and they put it on the alignment machine, and told me that "everything is tight." So how can a car have extremely loose steering despite having a perfect alignment???
Honda Civic 10th gen Clunking/knocking noise coming front right wheel whenever hitting bumps 16587020_1875632129349721_3546037409705772510_o

tacthecat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'12 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Posting the same/similar issue in multiple threads is confusing - if issue is related try to keep it all in one thread.
Sponsored