Clicking sound after CAI Installation

gellobogs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Si 2018
Country flag

I cant figure out what the problem is. After my PRL CAI installation, weird noises came out. Clicking sound on idle and it increases when Acceleration or putting my foot on the gas. Clicking sound is located on passenger side. Is there anyone who experience the same thing? Thanks for the help!
Sponsored

jakabony

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si, 2019 Honda CR-V EX-L, 2017 Subaru Forester
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Maybe I’m not hearing it but the only clicking I hear is normal for a DI car. You wouldn’t have had to do anything on the passenger side to do the intake. The only thing I can think of is it is louder now because the engine is louder overall with a CAI?

dc2turbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic,teg
Country flag
i hear a tick other than the DI. A few people have reported they have a random TICK on their Si but couldn't figure out what it was

OP
OP

gellobogs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Si 2018
Country flag
Maybe I’m not hearing it but the only clicking I hear is normal for a DI car. You wouldn’t have had to do anything on the passenger side to do the intake. The only thing I can think of is it is louder now because the engine is louder overall with a CAI?
There is two sounds that I’ve heard. The first one is like a cricket sound I believe its normal coming from the engine, but after those intake installation on the next day I heard some clicking sound or tick sound that coming from passenger side close to engine that I’ve never heard before. When I press the gas the rhythm of the sound increases and also in acceleration. But I check all the connections of CAI, everything is perfectly connected

OP
OP

gellobogs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Si 2018
Country flag
i hear a tick other than the DI. A few people have reported they have a random TICK on their Si but couldn't figure out what it was
Its really hard to figure out what it is. Already check the connection of intake but it was all perfect and no light came up or anything

jakabony

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si, 2019 Honda CR-V EX-L, 2017 Subaru Forester
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I highly doubt it is anything you did, unless you noticeable adjusted or broke something when you were installing the intake. Plus if the car is running fine and no issues, it’s probably fine. If you are still concerned, you can hook up a tuner and see if there are any silent errors that the car might be throwing.

dc2turbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic,teg
Country flag
Its really hard to figure out what it is. Already check the connection of intake but it was all perfect and no light came up or anything
If you do a search on the forums, you can find other peoples threads about it. They took it to the dealership and replaced a few things with no luck

OP
OP

gellobogs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Si 2018
Country flag
I highly doubt it is anything you did, unless you noticeable adjusted or broke something when you were installing the intake. Plus if the car is running fine and no issues, it’s probably fine. If you are still concerned, you can hook up a tuner and see if there are any silent errors that the car might be throwing.
Thanks for the help! You think it has to do with the tune? I’m running Ktuner right now, TSP Stage 1 tune for PRL Cobra RACE Maf intake.

tehSteve

GrayBeard McGootch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Si
Country flag
sounds like water dripping out of a faucet and into a steel sink really fast

NoelPR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21' Ridgeline RTL-E (Thanks to the CTR markups)
Country flag
I hear a normal engine idle.
You will go crazy if you hear how my current car idles. Sounds like an old diesel engine.
People always says that something must be wrong but that is how it sounds.

OP
OP

gellobogs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Si 2018
Country flag
I hear a normal engine idle.
You will go crazy if you hear how my current car idles. Sounds like an old diesel engine.
People always says that something must be wrong but that is how it sounds.
Yup, there’s a normal engine sound plus creating a tapping sound while idle and the rhythm of the sound increases when I hit the gas

OP
OP

gellobogs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Si 2018
Country flag
You would have to be mentally retarded to fuck up the CAI install.

2 options....
1 reset your Ktuner to stock. Then re tune.
2 take off the tune and CAI

Keep us posted what happens. I do hear the extra dripping/ticking sound.
I’ve done the option 1 but the tapping sound still there. Maybe I’ll try option 2 and let’s see what happen. Thanks for the help!

OP
OP

gellobogs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Si 2018
Country flag

Here’s another short video, much clear tapping sound

NoelPR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21' Ridgeline RTL-E (Thanks to the CTR markups)
Country flag
I hear it know
What if this ticking thing is just part of the engine that was amplified after removing the stock airbox?
Sponsored