xNFGx

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Si
Country flag
I've been having this clicking noise coming from the front passenger side when turning left or right. I took it to the dealer to see what they could find and was told that nothing was found. They had taken it out for a drive and was able to hear the noise. After they looked at the passenger side they were not able to find the source or what was causing it to click. The mechanic said that he took two other Si's off the lot one 2017 and the other 2018. He said both had the same sound.

Any thoughts on this. The sound seems to be getting louder since this started happening about two months ago.
Sponsored

Marjammer

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'91 Prelude Si->'02 Si->'03 RSX Type S->'07 Si->'13 Taurus (Current)
Country flag
I had my steering knuckle go bad on my '07 Si. It started out, I think, from driving down the ramp to my parking garage. It was a down spiral to the right and an up spiral to the left. The Koreans had put speed bumps in there, for some reason. I think the constant turn+incline/decline+bump and maybe some excess speed all contributed to the knuckle going bad. It started out as a simple knock sound and progressed to a knock constantly heard when turning the wheel either direction.

OP
OP

xNFGx

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Si
Country flag
I'm going to take it to the other shop i go to and see what they say. Last time I had something like this it was on my RSX and it was the wheel bearing had gone bad. I thought it was that at first but the Honda mechanic said they were good.

FK7Build

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Country flag
I'm going to take it to the other shop i go to and see what they say. Last time I had something like this it was on my RSX and it was the wheel bearing had gone bad. I thought it was that at first but the Honda mechanic said they were good.
Did you ever figure this out?
Sponsored