Honda-Swiss

First Name
Fabian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Type-R FK8
Country flag
Today was the big day for me.. Or it should have been. Inside the showroom everthing looked great but when I came home I noticed this issues!! I drove back to my dealer and claimed it. I had to leave the car there and tomorrow it gets inspected and reviewed by Honda Switzerland. I am very dissapointed how the could hand out the car in this condition! They also told me it is a 2018 production number but why is then the badge number that low?! Those stains are all over the car, also in the glas!! It looks like a chemical got into the clearcoat and the glass. On the black parts its easy to see but it is also on the front windshield and on the hood and roof but harder to see tue the metallic paint.

Honda Civic 10th gen Clear coat and glass issue / stains DSC_0173.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen Clear coat and glass issue / stains DSC_0174.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen Clear coat and glass issue / stains DSC_0175.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen Clear coat and glass issue / stains DSC_0172.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen Clear coat and glass issue / stains DSC_0171.JPG

parshisa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic X Hatchback LX
Country flag
Today was the big day for me.. Or it should have been. Inside the showroom everthing looked great but when I came home I noticed this issues!! I drove back to my dealer and claimed it. I had to leave the car there and tomorrow it gets inspected and reviewed by Honda Switzerland. I am very dissapointed how the could hand out the car in this condition! They also told me it is a 2018 production number but why is then the badge number that low?! Those stains are all over the car, also in the glas!! It looks like a chemical got into the clearcoat and the glass. On the black parts its easy to see but it is also on the front windshield and on the hood and roof but harder to see tue the metallic paint.

DSC_0173.JPG

DSC_0174.JPG

DSC_0175.JPG

DSC_0172.JPG

DSC_0171.JPG
Get it polished/compounded and you'll be golden. But don't let dealership do that

TheBigG

First Name
Gabriel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R 2017, Kia Optima Sportswagon GT 2017
Country flag
Get it polished/compounded and you'll be golden. But don't let dealership do that
Yap! I would try this but keep in mind that the clear coat is super soft!

JohnnyL

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Coupe EX
Country flag

DSC_0173.JPG

DSC_0174.JPG

DSC_0175.JPG

DSC_0172.JPG

DSC_0171.JPG
Some would probably come out with a buff but some looks pretty deep. It's just on the top surfaces so it would seem to be something from a tree?
Sponsored