Cleaning the guage cluster?

JamesV1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic LX
Country flag
Whats a good method for cleaning the cluster that wont leave streaks?
I have some overspray and dust on mine that i cant seem to get off completely
Sponsored

SCOPESYS

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic SI Coupe. . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon. . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Pulsar NX . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon (2nd Donor Wagon for parts)
Country flag

The Good news is that if you end up scratching the transparent Plastic part of the Gauge cluster, a brand new on is about $15 + shipping.
The actual replacing is not such good news.. getting the cluster out to swap out the front transparent part is quite labor intensive, so if you have your Dealer do it, it will probably cost a fortune .. would be a hard sell to convince the Dealer to do that "Under Warranty" !!

Do it yourself, and its very inexpensive.

pdrumns

First Name
Phillip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic SI Coupe and 2019 Nissan Kicks
Country flag
I have used Meguiars mirror shine clear plastic polish on my previous cars to clean the gauge cluster. I have not had the need yet to clean my current car as I have only had for 3 weeks.

repeet

Threads
Reaction score
Website
jesus7feasts.fyi
Vehicle(s)
'23 BRZ
Country flag
Use a soft bristle paint brush to remove any abrasive objects, then use a lens cleaner like you use for a phone. Be careful of microfiber because small firm contamination can scratch the soft plastic.

Fit2Hatch

First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Hatchback Sport
Country flag
Get the softest brush, such as from OG or other high end dedicated detail supplier. Along with a vacuum under the brush to capture the brushed off dust particlates.

I went a few steps more, did a multiple stripping and then coated with leftover ISM last July.

frontlinegeek

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CRV Touring, 2017 Civic EX Sedan Honda Sensing
Country flag
I have had reasonable success with a static charged soft finger duster with fingers that like like those on a wash mitt.

RRsedan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic si
Country flag
The Good news is that if you end up scratching the transparent Plastic part of the Gauge cluster, a brand new on is about $15 + shipping.
The actual replacing is not such good news.. getting the cluster out to swap out the front transparent part is quite labor intensive, so if you have your Dealer do it, it will probably cost a fortune .. would be a hard sell to convince the Dealer to do that "Under Warranty" !!

Do it yourself, and its very inexpensive.
Can you link or provide the part # for where I can purchase a replacement transparent plastic part of the gauge cluster? I stupidly sprayed cleaner onto mine while it was a hot surface (car was sitting outside on a hot day) and it left dots on the transparent plastic that can't be wiped away.

Also, if you know of any DIYs on how to replace it yourself, please share. :)

SCOPESYS

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic SI Coupe. . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon. . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Pulsar NX . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon (2nd Donor Wagon for parts)
Country flag
Can you link or provide the part # for where I can purchase a replacement transparent plastic part of the gauge cluster? I stupidly sprayed cleaner onto mine while it was a hot surface (car was sitting outside on a hot day) and it left dots on the transparent plastic that can't be wiped away.

Also, if you know of any DIYs on how to replace it yourself, please share. :)
Check out part #
78156-TBC-A01

Make sure it is the right one for your year - model.

Swapping out the lens on the Gauge Cluster is quite easy, but I think you do have to remove the whole Gauge cluster to do so , which is probably quite a bit of work. (I have not done it yet)

RRsedan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic si
Country flag
Check out part #
78156-TBC-A01

Make sure it is the right one for your year - model.

Swapping out the lens on the Gauge Cluster is quite easy, but I think you do have to remove the whole Gauge cluster to do so , which is probably quite a bit of work. (I have not done it yet)
Thanks. Yeah, it's more the removing the whole gauge cluster I'm concerned about. Not quite sure where/how to start. I don't want to break anything either! (clips, etc.)

SCOPESYS

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Thanks. Yeah, it's more the removing the whole gauge cluster I'm concerned about. Not quite sure where/how to start. I don't want to break anything either! (clips, etc.)
Maybe someone else, who has done it on the forum, can help ..
I doubt if there are any You-Tube videos. it's not something that is done by many

RRsedan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic si
Country flag
Maybe someone else, who has done it on the forum, can help ..
I doubt if there are any You-Tube videos. it's not something that is done by many
Yeah I've looked around (here and YouTube), haven't seen anything yet..

NicKoLi

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI Coupe
Country flag
Bump, im looking to try and take the plastic gauge cluster off or replace it