Cleaning rear windshield defroster

Swordfish

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic
Country flag
I have some stoners invisible glass and Windex with ammonia, are these safe to spray on the rear defroster grid with MF to clean the glass. NO TINT is applied to the window.

Thanks
Sponsored

xjoshuax89

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 CR-V SE, '16 Civic EX, '17 Civic HB ST
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
It shouldnt matter much but I tend to avoid using any ammonia products inside an enclosed space.

OP
OP
Swordfish

Swordfish

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic
Country flag
It shouldnt matter much but I tend to avoid using any ammonia products inside an enclosed space.

Ok will keep that in mind. The stoner's glass product should be safe though right ? Just going to spray and clean. No tint....probably will skip on getting tint on the car. Just wanting to keep the windows clean.

Lunar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring Sedan
Country flag
yeah it's safe, most auto glass sprays don't have ammonia, but it's good to double check the bottle

OP
OP
Swordfish

Swordfish

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic
Country flag
Does anyone have any suggestions to get rid of ghosting on the front inside of the windshield ? I've been trying to get rid of it and it's a nightmare.

choo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Hatch Sport 6MT , 1995 240sx
Country flag
Ive had that problem too on this car...What Ive been doing is,first, park facing the sun during the afternoon. Next, marvel at all the tiny pockmarks on your garbage POS Pilkington glass, lol. After the OCD-induced rage subsides, I spray on some Invisible Glass. A brand new cheap kitchen towel (the kind that just falls apart and leaves white fuzz everywhere) seems to work the best for me.

OP
OP
Swordfish

Swordfish

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic
Country flag
Ive had that problem too on this car...What Ive been doing is,first, park facing the sun during the afternoon. Next, marvel at all the tiny pockmarks on your garbage POS Pilkington glass, lol. After the OCD-induced rage subsides, I spray on some Invisible Glass. A brand new cheap kitchen towel (the kind that just falls apart and leaves white fuzz everywhere) seems to work the best for me.

I agree the glass is pretty soft. Both my Toyota and this Honda the paint quality and glass are very susceptible. I'd be careful if you get tinting done as 99% of the places will handcut on your glass and given as soft as it is, it will have trace marks cut in. My windshield also has pitting already, but I'd be surprised if it didn't driving the California highways.

What I found work is take something to cover the dash (all of it), spray pure isopropyl alcohol all over the glass and wipe with micro, you may have to do it a few times. I didn't dilute, I just sprayed pure and the IPA took the haze off after several rounds. Invisible glass is good and I use it on the exterior, but it never took off the haze 100%, just shuffled it around.

choo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Hatch Sport 6MT , 1995 240sx
Country flag
Thats a good idea...Ill try it at home sometimes. It seems I always just pull over and clean my glass after I get annoyed though lol

OP
OP
Swordfish

Swordfish

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic
Country flag
Thats a good idea...Ill try it at home sometimes. It seems I always just pull over and clean my glass after I get annoyed though lol
Iso is cheap. Big bottle at Walmart for like 3.00 if not less. Just spray a ton but cover your plastic so it doesn't drip all over
Sponsored