Cleaning Dual Center Exhaust Tips?

kg4fxg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring Black
Country flag
What is the best way to clean the dual center exhaust tips on a Honda Civic Hatchback Sport Touring? Do you use a round brush? Just a rag? I assume they are chrome tips. Just clean the outside or do you also clean the inside? Please, post any links to products, tools, etc. Should I invest in a special products? I assume this should be done every time I wash the car. Maybe a better question, what not to do and things to avoid? Like spraying water inside them?
Sponsored

PhilF

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CRV EX-L Platinum White Pearl/Ivory, 2020 CRV EX-L Crystal Black Pearl/Grey
Country flag
The insides will clean them themselves. The outsides are polished stainless steel. A shop cloth and any good metal polish like Mother's Mag Wheel polish or any chrome polish will work just fine to maintain them. Don't overthink this, polish the shiny stuff only:stirthepot:

WhiteCastleKid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Country flag
I like Mother’s cleaner wax, just enough polish to nicely clean, and wax to protect for future cleaning.

joshedyou

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Sport Hatchback
Country flag
I use meguiars all wheel cleaner when it’s extra dirty. Followed up with a wheel Woolie brush to get the soot off.
Sponsored