Clean Brake Hold button, sticky

JCH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic EX
Country flag
So the other day, I was driving and stupidly forgot to close my orange juice. Picked it up, pressed on the brakes, and dropped the orange juice. It spilled everywhere. I tried to clean it up as best as I could, but today, 3 days later, the brake hold button is super hard to press, and sticky. How do I go about cleaning it?
Sponsored

Tim818

King Of The ā€˜Ring
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Civic EX, 2018 CTR
Country flag
Any automotive interior cleaner will do....unfortunately youā€™re gonna have to take apart the console to further clean if the button is sticky.

OP
OP

JCH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic EX
Country flag
Any automotive interior cleaner will do....unfortunately youā€™re gonna have to take apart the console to further clean if the button is sticky.
Do you have any idea how to take that apart? Iā€™ve never done it before and Google isnā€™t doing me good...

Tim818

King Of The ā€˜Ring
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Civic EX, 2018 CTR
Country flag
Donā€™t remove the whole console, just remove the piece for the shifter where you can get under the button to clean that part.

solar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport 6MT
Country flag
You might want to try putting a couple drops of water around the switch to break up the sugar and quickly dry it by putting the edge of a paper towel around the switch edge. Do it a couple times and use distilled water so when the water dries that is left over , that you can soak up with the paper towel, it doesnā€™t leave any calcium or deposits behind. I know itā€™s not the ideal thing to do, but it shouldnā€™t hurt it and itā€™s better than leaving the sticky OJ gunk in it.

si_mike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
So the other day, I was driving and stupidly forgot to close my orange juice. Picked it up, pressed on the brakes, and dropped the orange juice. It spilled everywhere. I tried to clean it up as best as I could, but today, 3 days later, the brake hold button is super hard to press, and sticky. How do I go about cleaning it?
I had the same issue with mine, but I had coffee instead. I removed my center console because I was installing the Acuity and Hybrid Racing shifter add-ons so I had the chance to clean it.
The Acuity video shows how to remove the center console but you just need to remove the shifter panel. The brake hold button is connected with 2 tabs, you push that away from the
edge, and bobs you're uncle. You'll get the best clean if you remove the shifter console panel.
Sponsored