Civilized Pipelines - Mishimoto’s Honda Civic 1.5L Turbo Performance Intercooler Piping R&D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Empyrean

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Hatchback EX
Country flag
So do mods like the see any improvement on stock tune? Around here during summer we hit around 115+degrees, so I was wondering if this would make any improvements.

OP
OP
Mishimoto

Mishimoto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR #1254
Country flag
So do mods like the see any improvement on stock tune? Around here during summer we hit around 115+degrees, so I was wondering if this would make any improvements.
Definitely! Piping by itself won't show much of an improvement, but upgrading your intercooler, regardless of the tune, will help keep your your charged air cool. The main issue with the stock intercooler is that it heat soaks very quickly, and has trouble shrugging off that heat, even at highway speeds with plenty of fresh air passing through the fins. Not only is your charged air heating up, but also the air passing through the heat exchanger is rising in temperature, and transferring to your radiator. This in turn ends up putting extra stress on your cooling system.

A bar an plate constructed intercooler has much better cooling properties, meaning that it takes much more time to heat soak (if it fully soaks in the first place) and is able to shrug the accumulated heat off with ease, keeping your charged air cool and relieving any extra stress that could be put on your cooling system.

I hope this helps answer your question, let me know you need any more info!

-Nick

Empyrean

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Hatchback EX
Country flag
Definitely! Piping by itself won't show much of an improvement, but upgrading your intercooler, regardless of the tune, will help keep your your charged air cool. The main issue with the stock intercooler is that it heat soaks very quickly, and has trouble shrugging off that heat, even at highway speeds with plenty of fresh air passing through the fins. Not only is your charged air heating up, but also the air passing through the heat exchanger is rising in temperature, and transferring to your radiator. This in turn ends up putting extra stress on your cooling system.

A bar an plate constructed intercooler has much better cooling properties, meaning that it takes much more time to heat soak (if it fully soaks in the first place) and is able to shrug the accumulated heat off with ease, keeping your charged air cool and relieving any extra stress that could be put on your cooling system.

I hope this helps answer your question, let me know you need any more info!

-Nick
Thanks for the quick reply! I've been interested in investing in some performance parts, unfortunately with the CVT I am pretty limited. Just looking for a few parts that may enhance performance a bit, but still let the car last for a few hundred thousand miles.

Blackalpaca1

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Sport Hatchback
Country flag
Just curious Mishimoto are you planning on doing the bold gold color for this intercooler?

First Name
Marvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic RS Turbo
The plan is to only offer the intercooler in silver and black.

Also, keep an eye out early next week for the next update!

-Nick
I hope this intercooler will be released by april. I’ll be in the US in april

Status
Not open for further replies.