OP
OP

takemorepills

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1987 Prelude Si
Country flag
That still doesn't make a lease a bad deal. Either way you pay a agreed upon amount for the car.

OP
OP

takemorepills

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1987 Prelude Si
Country flag
If you have any equity in it, why would you turn it in? You can trade it and use the equity
I sold our lease Subaru for $5500 more than was owed.
I need to see about my GTI at the end of lease. It's certainly an option

Razer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda HR-V
I just turned in my '13 CR-V lease early for a '16 HR-V. They actually paid me $2000 to turn in my car early, my car was in great shape and slightly under on mileage. Great deal leasing that car for me anyway!

I have a '13 Fiat Abarth that I leased and I will be turning it back in. I leased as I was concerned about reliability and wanted an "out" if I needed it. Reliability has been rock solid and I have had no issues that worry me at all, but the vaule on the car is not there. If I buy it I would have to pay more that it is worth as depreciation on Fiats is horrible. So I will not buy it. Simple, and I'll get a Civic Si then.

I like leasing so far anyway, it has been great for me. If I had purchased my Fiat my payments would have been higher, and I would currently be badly underwater on the loan. To the tune of several thousand dollars. Yay lease.

I have owned two VWs and I will never own one again. No way. I even looked at the current GTI as I like them too but I have been bitten twice now. Plus my wife says she wants to puke every time she sees one, man does she loathe the cars looks. No idea why. Regardless VW is not for me, I have zero desire to know my service guys on sight and they me. My VW's were and 04 and an 08 so this is not quite ancient history. I hope you love your GTI! I think a lot of the breaks are people doing the stage 1 and 2 tunes on the GTIs and blowing the turbos and such. The current gen GTI is on, what, the fifth version of the turbo trying to sort out the failures? I think with stock tune you'll be fine.

The last thing I hate (and I mean HATE) is the GTI community. I follow vwvortex and other sites and man I have to say every time I see a GTI I think there goes a douche lol. It's not fair I know but man there are some GTI owners that truly give the whole community a bad name. Please, please don't take this personally. VW owners seem so sanctimonious and anyone that does not own the "Jesus car" is a moron it seems. :D If you paid more for a slower car you're an idiot, if you bought a BMW or some luxury car you're an idiot as VW is just as nice or better, if you have a faster car you're an idiot because you probably overpaid and all I have to do is go Stage 2 and I'll smoke you! It goes on and on. We all like whatever car we chose of course but there are other things out there so respect peoples rides as that is why there are so many choices! Sorry, off on a tangent myself here! :)

OP
OP

takemorepills

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1987 Prelude Si
Country flag
I just turned in my '13 CR-V lease early for a '16 HR-V. They actually paid me $2000 to turn in my car early, my car was in great shape and slightly under on mileage. Great deal leasing that car for me anyway!

I have a '13 Fiat Abarth that I leased and I will be turning it back in. I leased as I was concerned about reliability and wanted an "out" if I needed it. Reliability has been rock solid and I have had no issues that worry me at all, but the vaule on the car is not there. If I buy it I would have to pay more that it is worth as depreciation on Fiats is horrible. So I will not buy it. Simple, and I'll get a Civic Si then.

I like leasing so far anyway, it has been great for me. If I had purchased my Fiat my payments would have been higher, and I would currently be badly underwater on the loan. To the tune of several thousand dollars. Yay lease.

I have owned two VWs and I will never own one again. No way. I even looked at the current GTI as I like them too but I have been bitten twice now. Plus my wife says she wants to puke every time she sees one, man does she loathe the cars looks. No idea why. Regardless VW is not for me, I have zero desire to know my service guys on sight and they me. My VW's were and 04 and an 08 so this is not quite ancient history. I hope you love your GTI! I think a lot of the breaks are people doing the stage 1 and 2 tunes on the GTIs and blowing the turbos and such. The current gen GTI is on, what, the fifth version of the turbo trying to sort out the failures? I think with stock tune you'll be fine.

The last thing I hate (and I mean HATE) is the GTI community. I follow vwvortex and other sites and man I have to say every time I see a GTI I think there goes a douche lol. It's not fair I know but man there are some GTI owners that truly give the whole community a bad name. Please, please don't take this personally. VW owners seem so sanctimonious and anyone that does not own the "Jesus car" is a moron it seems. :D If you paid more for a slower car you're an idiot, if you bought a BMW or some luxury car you're an idiot as VW is just as nice or better, if you have a faster car you're an idiot because you probably overpaid and all I have to do is go Stage 2 and I'll smoke you! It goes on and on. We all like whatever car we chose of course but there are other things out there so respect peoples rides as that is why there are so many choices! Sorry, off on a tangent myself here! :)
First half I was following you.

Last half you turned into a dick. Like you really needed to share your wife's disgust with the GTI. And then taking a broad swipe at GTI forums. Classy dude. I have heard rumors vwvortex is douchey, but the MK7 sub forums seem decent.
Also it was only the first turbo revision that was bad. And VW stepped up and provided a much better turbo as replacement. They are using the S3/R turbo now

Razer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda HR-V
Sorry I offended you, I was seriously not trying to be a dick at all. I said my wife hates them and I cannot figure out why, I seriously cannot even get her to look at them. I looked seriously at one earlier this year in fact (Looked at GTI S Manual with PP in Tornado Red) but she cannot get over the looks and I at the same time think they look great so I have no idea why she does not. I thought it was funny and would share. I make fun of her and point out every one I see just to bug her now! :)

As far as the VW forums and the fan base this is a well known sentiment in the enthusiast world. Again I said not to take it personally as I know this is not true of everyone and you seem great. Again I was sharing this in a fun lighthearted fashion and was not trying to be a jerk at all. I have been a member there for a long time and know the community well this is a real thing and some people are turned off by the attitude there. Any group can have this, and I'm sure there are pockets of any car culture this way but it is very outspoken in the GTI world and in many cases VW in general. This is why a lot of people are loving the current VW troubles as they love to hate the brand and attitude of owners. Sad but true.

Again I am a member of VW forums, and I have owned two of them, so it's not like I'm just bashing away with no perspective. I seriously hope you love your GTI and it is totally problem free as the car is not loved for no reason! Again I'm sorry for offending you, try rereading my post in a more lighthearted way and see the smiles, I was not attacking or bashing so don't take it that way. Not attacking or judging your choice so no need to be defensive. I've never owned a Civic, yet I'm a member here anyway. I'm a car guy in general who just loves cars.

OP
OP

takemorepills

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1987 Prelude Si
Country flag
Well there's no denying things go downhill when the flatbills show up.

I'm a big time Honda enthusiast. I just need my turbo fix RIGHT NOW and when the Si comes out I will get one after my lease.

Razer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda HR-V
Well there's no denying things go downhill when the flatbills show up.
Hahahaha, truer words never spoken lol. I'm hoping to jump into an Si when my Abarth lease is up myself. Just waiting for more info - Honda is maybe taking too much time on the roll out here....

OP
OP

takemorepills

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1987 Prelude Si
Country flag
We've seen Type R prototypes, we saw coupe prototypes. We saw sedan prototypes. I don't understand why no Si prototypes have been seen.

BTW I signed up for Honda newsletter about 5 door, Si and R. I keep getting emails from Honda about the sedan. F you Honda! I specifically did not ask for sedan info. Stop spamming me and f-off until you release the info I asked for!

Phosky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 Civic DX
Country flag
We've seen Type R prototypes, we saw coupe prototypes. We saw sedan prototypes. I don't understand why no Si prototypes have been seen.
I suspect that you may have answered your own question.

civicryan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Focus ST . 2015 Honda CRV EX
interesting i found this article today..... because i have been waiting for me lease on my fusion to be up in several months so that i can purchase a honda civic 16 ex'l w sensing.... but today i radomly went and test drove a 2016 GTI with performance package and autobaun package.... it drove amazing... anyway. i posted a thread about it here:
http://www.civicx.com/threads/i-think-i-messed-up-test-drove-a-gti-today.1138/

madmonkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRX
Test drove them back to back last weekend.
From my view, the civic seats are much more comfortable. The GTI seats (leather) are not perforated, do not breathe, and are way too hot for me.
That alone dropped the GTI from my list of potential cars. Shame since I love the way it drove.

micha3lwin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 CBP EX-T, 2013 CRV EX
Country flag
IMO you simply can not compare the 16 Civic to the GTI. A fair comparison would be the Civic vs Golf. GTI is a sport compact aka hot hatch which is why it is always compared to the Mazdaspeed3, Focus ST, Fiesta St, Toyobaru twins, and the Si. The 16 Civic is a compact commuter. I do not believe it was intended to be a sport compact. That's what the Si is for.

Good luck on your decision! (if you haven't made one yet)

OP
OP

takemorepills

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1987 Prelude Si
Country flag
IMO you simply can not compare the 16 Civic to the GTI. A fair comparison would be the Civic vs Golf. GTI is a sport compact aka hot hatch which is why it is always compared to the Mazdaspeed3, Focus ST, Fiesta St, Toyobaru twins, and the Si. The 16 Civic is a compact commuter. I do not believe it was intended to be a sport compact. That's what the Si is for.

Good luck on your decision! (if you haven't made one yet)
I did end up leasing the GTI. I compared GTI to CivicX because they both have certain trim levels that compete on price. And, the new CivicX is turbo like the GTI, sportiest of any generation of Civic, and appeals to people for similar reasons.

I agree the Si will be the best, direct competition for the GTI. And the CTR will have to deal with the Golf R. It's really a great era for enthusiasts to be buying cars! If only Toyota/Subaru would turbo the FR-S/BRZ already.

BTW so far I am extremely impressed with the GTI, the MPG's are real good, the power is very good, the apparent quality is excellent, the stereo is excellent. The only thing I don't like about it is that the car looks like a shoebox, and I always find myself driving way too fast.

My lease is up in 2018, and I will be putting the Si on my list for my next car. IF this GTI is super reliable for me, I may even have to consider the Golf R. For the Si's sake, I REALLY hope Honda straightens out all of the infotainment bugs by 2018 (I bet they will).

Also, really interested in the upcoming Ridgeline. May consider replacing my Titan with that if I can get by with a lighter duty truck (currently need a real truck)

micha3lwin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 CBP EX-T, 2013 CRV EX
Country flag
I did end up leasing the GTI. I compared GTI to CivicX because they both have certain trim levels that compete on price. And, the new CivicX is turbo like the GTI, sportiest of any generation of Civic, and appeals to people for similar reasons.

I agree the Si will be the best, direct competition for the GTI. And the CTR will have to deal with the Golf R. It's really a great era for enthusiasts to be buying cars! If only Toyota/Subaru would turbo the FR-S/BRZ already.

BTW so far I am extremely impressed with the GTI, the MPG's are real good, the power is very good, the apparent quality is excellent, the stereo is excellent. The only thing I don't like about it is that the car looks like a shoebox, and I always find myself driving way too fast.

My lease is up in 2018, and I will be putting the Si on my list for my next car. IF this GTI is super reliable for me, I may even have to consider the Golf R. For the Si's sake, I REALLY hope Honda straightens out all of the infotainment bugs by 2018 (I bet they will).

Also, really interested in the upcoming Ridgeline. May consider replacing my Titan with that if I can get by with a lighter duty truck (currently need a real truck)
Hey the GTI is a great choice! :thumbsup: There's a reason why its always the benchmark when comparing hot hatches. I almost bought one back on 2012 but I got a really good deal on a used 2011 Si (it was a lease return). I modded the crap out of it too and it ran like I champ. I ended up selling her last year because I had to deploy. I still miss her to this day.. I had to settle for a more practical car that can deliver better MPG hence the 16 Civic.

Honestly, the new GTI is more mature looking and that isn't necessarily a bad thing. I think VW wants to separate itself from the other hot hatches like Ford's Focus/Fiesta. Just be proactive with the maintenance and I'm sure your baby will be ok. Congrats on the GTI!!
Sponsored