CivicX on Motortrend (FK8 ADM)

ctrmofo

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 lambo lp550-2, '18 honda ctr cw (r-12321), 14' porsche cayman s, '16 porsche macan s, '13 mini jcw nme stage 1, '15 audi s3 apr stage 2, '15 audi q3, '12 monster 1100 evo, '16 triumph thruxton r, deposited for '19 lambo huracan performante
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Well if you donā€™t live in Cali is mostly MSRP. Days of markups are gone. Ohio and Midwest states have been MSRP all day everyday since day one.

OP
OP
TypeSiR

TypeSiR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1.5T Civic, Fit, MX-5, CTR
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Well if you donā€™t live in Cali is mostly MSRP. Days of markups are gone. Ohio and Midwest states have been MSRP all day everyday since day one.
God bless these dealers. Thereā€™s hope for MSRP Phoenix Yellow in a few months. Taking off all the mods now for trade in later.

WindJunkie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE USA-367, 2011 Civic Si (FA5)
Country flag
Days of markups are gone.
Not true for Florida buyers. Go into any FL dealer, they are not asking MSRP. My brother bought his CTR in late April, it took him 3 months to find at MSRP. I bought my CTR in March, it took me 6 months to get at MSRP. In both cases, it required us to drive 3+ hours away from our homes to buy despite several CTRs in closer vicinity, all with major markup ($3k+ ADM)

frtorres87

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
I saw one for around 50k here in NJ a few weeks ago.

R-10552

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Acura RDX Aspec, 2019 Civic Si (wife's)
Country flag
Most dealers still marking up in PA (Philadelphia) and NJ. My wife bought a '19 Si coupe a couple weeks ago at a dealer in Phila. and they were shocked I was able to get my CTR for what I did last April.

Harlaquin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Type R and a beater ford focus
Country flag
so I was told by other dealers and a friend of mine who knows a dealer owner. its not really a bait and switch. is it wrong eh maybe. but most states in the rules for how dealers can market cars they can not advertise a car above MSRP. They can sell it but not advertise it. so in order to let people know they have the cars they list them at msrp even though that is not their price. right wrong ... not my point. just that a lot of this msrp advertising and then the price being different is partially because of rules that have to follow to sell new cars. truth ? who knows. I just know there is a ton of crazy laws around sellign cars as it is. so sometimes just sometimes its not the dealers fault.

Hollywoo0220

Customer Service oriented (most of the time) :-)
First Name
RJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dihatsu Charade, BMW, Various Hondas, Focus ST, and VW GTI
Country flag
The retailer can sell their product at the price they choose. This will always be the trend as long as the people in the market place continue to purchase at that asking price.
The problem is two-fold. Nothing wrong with getting what you want, whether you are a retailer or not.

Naruske

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR
Country flag
I saw one for around 50k here in NJ a few weeks ago.
Yup here in North/Mid Jersey the mark ups are of 10k to 15k. Luckily i had some connections and was able to do $2500k markup. The craziest part is that people actually take the bite and pay those ridiculous markups :(

MstrSHAKE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 CW CTR
Country flag
So I just bought mine in Saturday, here in Florida.

The car was listed at MSRP on AutoTrader so I said ok this is the one. I took a hour and half drive to pompano Beach and sure enough, it had a bunch of BS add-ons and a price of 41,200. After letting my salesguy know upfront that I was here for MSRP, he calmly said ok no problem, we'll work with you.

Gotta say although the bait and switch happened to me, this dealership and the guys at Hendricks Honda really were awesome. I was able to get the 41,200 down to 37,400

THIS CAR SHOULD AND NEEDS TO BE MSRP. IMHO.

Gunther

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
E46
Country flag
THIS CAR SHOULD AND NEEDS TO BE MSRP. IMHO.
Agreed. Although the car is no doubt awesome, its entire point is that it is a cheap(ish), livable, fun & practical fast car. Once they start pricing them $40K+, it's not cheap. It starts entering an entirely different ball game. Lightly used M2s aren't that far off.

They made FWD work, and priced it as FWD.

ctrmofo

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 lambo lp550-2, '18 honda ctr cw (r-12321), 14' porsche cayman s, '16 porsche macan s, '13 mini jcw nme stage 1, '15 audi s3 apr stage 2, '15 audi q3, '12 monster 1100 evo, '16 triumph thruxton r, deposited for '19 lambo huracan performante
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yup here in North/Mid Jersey the mark ups are of 10k to 15k. Luckily i had some connections and was able to do $2500k markup. The craziest part is that people actually take the bite and pay those ridiculous markups :(
we have a partnership with price honda in delaware - msrp every day all day on every fk8 they've sold. ppl have come to them in last 6 months from as far as cali.

anyone who wants mrsp go to honda marysville in ohio and others. got mine from honda marysville march 16th, 2018 for msrp just like all of them sold. what's cool is honda marysville is the only dealer in country with a corporate contract to provide onsite service and maintenance for all honda employees at the north american R&D and mfg'ing hq's.

Patrick Bateman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜18 FK8, ā€˜19 XC60 R-Design, ā€˜17 ZL1, ā€˜02 SS
Country flag
we have a partnership with price honda in delaware - msrp every day all day on every fk8 they've sold. ppl have come to them in last 6 months from as far as cali.

anyone who wants mrsp go to honda marysville in ohio and others. got mine from honda marysville march 16th, 2018 for msrp just like all of them sold. what's cool is honda marysville is the only dealer in country with a corporate contract to provide onsite service and maintenance for all honda employees at the north american R&D and mfg'ing hq's.
So, dealer mark-ups are not a thing of the past? Just want to be clear.
Sponsored