Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.calraceway.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatch Sport Touring, 1992 Nissan Sentra SE-R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
As i mentioned before, i would like to set up a DYNO DAY for the Forum members. It would be at Shawn Church Automotive. They use Dynopacks meaning they dyno on your axles with your wheels off. I have had my cars tuned by Shawn for many years and has NEVER done me wrong with my tunes. He has been around forever so i trust him with all my cars.

What is needed?

Minimum of 10 sign ups, max of 25 cars. It's $50 for 3 pulls. (no tuning, just 3 dyno pulls to get your WHP reading). If you want your car tuned, It would be more. Keep in mind, Chassis Dynos are about 15% less HP due to drive train reduction. Unless you remove your motor and dyno your motors on a crank Dyno, this is the closest you will get to knowing your HP.

When?

More than likely be on a weekend, like a Saturday Morning. That date is to be determined. I have had BBQ's as well as small meets at his facility so i think it would be a great Greet N Meet even if you do not dyno your car. I will Bring my PA System and play some tunes for everyone. Maybe i can hit up some shops/manufacturers for some raffle prizes as well. So with that being said, WHO IS IN???

Honda Civic 10th gen CIVICX DYNO DAY: CANCELLED. 100_0474

Honda Civic 10th gen CIVICX DYNO DAY: CANCELLED. 15876603_208189616313247_3894412336668082176_n.jpg?ig_cache_key=MTQzMTM0NDk2MzQwODg0MDUxOQ%3D%3D
Honda Civic 10th gen CIVICX DYNO DAY: CANCELLED. 348s
Honda Civic 10th gen CIVICX DYNO DAY: CANCELLED. maxresdefault

Design

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 MS3, 17 ABM Si Sedan
Country flag
I will vouch for Shawn. Very knowledgeable guy and very personable.

A quick note on Shawn's dynapacks. The readings do include around a 6-8% drivetrain loss. And the torque curve will be slightly inflated in the midrange vs. dynojet/mustang dynos.

CivicXander

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic hatchback Sport 6MT Rallye Red
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
for $50, I'm in, assuming I'm available on this unknown date though. Also assuming I've installed my recently ordered Ktuner before then lol.

UHx0H

First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
count me in as well...only thing that would prevent me from going is if i get scheduled to work...please try to post possible date/time soon...

OP
OP
zerogravity

zerogravity

Just for fun.
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.calraceway.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
count me in as well...only thing that would prevent me from going is if i get scheduled to work...please try to post possible date/time soon...
Im gonna give people some time to get their mods in. Im thinking a month from now, Saturday, Sept. 2, 2017. Hopefully there is enough time for peeps to get this ready. To lock this up, i will need 10 people minimum and will have to send in a deposit to secure your spot. For now, lets get at least 10 peeps signed up then worry about the deposit once we are closer to the date.

Here is a sigh up List so far:
1.Zero
2. Johnny
3.CivicXander
4.UHxOH

Last edited:

fiatlux

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'04 Sequoia, '10 M6, '13 STi, '16 TLX
Country flag
I will vouch for Shawn. Very knowledgeable guy and very personable.

A quick note on Shawn's dynapacks. The readings do include around a 6-8% drivetrain loss. And the torque curve will be slightly inflated in the midrange vs. dynojet/mustang dynos.
+1 to that. It's not a knock on Church, but I can absolutely confirm that their dynapack does read higher than a dynojet. My STi measured 316hp at Church, whereas it measured 291hp (SAE corrected for elevation) at Yimi's dynojet.

OP
OP
zerogravity

zerogravity

Just for fun.
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.calraceway.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
+1 to that. It's not a knock on Church, but I can absolutely confirm that their dynapack does read higher than a dynojet. My STi measured 316hp at Church, whereas it measured 291hp (SAE corrected for elevation) at Yimi's dynojet.
You are correct. The DynoPack does read a little Enthusiastic. But since i have ONLY gone with Church, that is how i gauge the progress of my builds. You definitely can't base your dyno numbers from different dyno shops because they all read differently. Regardless, i hope to get a group together so we can all hang out and get some numbers!

UHx0H

First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Highest tq number buys a round of beers? Lol
shouldn't it be lowest? hi tq means they spent money on mods so they're probably broke lol

OP
OP
zerogravity

zerogravity

Just for fun.
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.calraceway.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
6 MORE SPOTS NEEDED! Who else needs to be dynoed?

UHx0H

First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
6 MORE SPOTS NEEDED! Who else needs to be dynoed?
There's got to be more people out there that would like to see where their build is at? If not enough people are down for dyno, how about end of summer meet? Just a thought...

OP
OP
zerogravity

zerogravity

Just for fun.
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.calraceway.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

45Lexroc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic Coupe Touring.' 06 Lexus Is250.
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'm in
Sponsored