2.0L CivicX 2.0L Tuning - BIG Gains Confirmed For The Second Time

Bru87tr

Just tried it anyway and worked fine. Seen Ktuner, connected and worked without a hitch. Pretty cool.
Sponsored

a c i d.f l y

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX 2.0 CVT Sedan w Sensing
Country flag
Question @KTuner

If I do decide to go catless, New York state only has inspection via OBD2, If I went catless and disabled the O2 sensor (Secondary) What would the inspection machine read? Because in NY the machine reads your O2 sensor and reads the current Exhaust gas reading of whatever they measure. Through the Ktuner program, When the sensor is disabled, Is it set in a loop of perfect emmision numbers to avoid a Check engine light? Or is the sensor actually turned off completely?
Based on my Bluetooth ODB2 reader, the O2 sensors still reports data with the sensors disabled via Ktuner, it just doesn't flag CEL when it goes out of range. With the correct defouler it will (should) report in range. Not sure how or what NY checks, but in TX if there's no CEL, it passes.

Bru87tr

That's not something KTuner can do.
Weird then cause it runs then sometimes it reboots. I notice when ktuner is off my phone will boot fine.

Worked perfect for few days, now giving me trouble once in a while.

Will have to figure out whats causing it.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Ktuner keeps putting my Note 4 in a boot loop. If I turn off the car it comes back
I wonder if you're referring to the TunerView app, not KTuner.

Bru87tr

Sorry, should have been more clear.

Yes, tunerview app is crashing and causing a bootloop of my phone. But, only when connected via bluetooth to ktuner module. If I disconnect bluetooth, my phone boots back up.

I tried unpairing from my phone from the car. Maybe there is something happening there.

I wanted to use my Note 4 as its just sitting in a drawer and has a bigger screen. It was wiped and factory defaulted. Going to try my S7 Edge phone that I do use and see if better results. At first Note 4 was working fine connecting.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bru87tr

So, I unpaired my phone from the car, didnt help. Decided to try and delete it from the car stereo. Phone started working again.

I have noticed sometimes bluetooth on ktuner disappears. Not surprised since bluetooth has never been perfect. But it happened after capturing a log. Back to display in tunerview and never came back. Noticed my phone scanning but not seeing ktuner bluetooth. Unplugged ktuner, plugged back in and bluetooth on ktuner showed again.

Just chalk it up to bluetooth issues.

I am still loving ktuner tune on my car. Makes me wonder what this car could do if it had a turbo. Cause the tune alone really makes it go now.

Bru87tr

Bluetooth issues cleared up. Haven't had an issue since delete phone from car and unpaired. I also make sure to shut down tunerview before shutting down car and turning it back on after car is started.

A!so, it's really strange seeing my MPG go up after the tune. My car is faster, I get on it more yet my MPG has gone up.

My MPG has never gone up past 31MPG, but I have always driven it hard and get on the gas. My MPG has gone up to 31.3 MPG since adding the tune. I bet if I drove more conservatively it would go up even more.

zabih107

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX
Country flag
Bluetooth issues cleared up. Haven't had an issue since delete phone from car and unpaired. I also make sure to shut down tunerview before shutting down car and turning it back on after car is started.

A!so, it's really strange seeing my MPG go up after the tune. My car is faster, I get on it more yet my MPG has gone up.

My MPG has never gone up past 31MPG, but I have always driven it hard and get on the gas. My MPG has gone up to 31.3 MPG since adding the tune. I bet if I drove more conservatively it would go up even more.
What octane gas u fill?
I always do 94 octane on mine.

63blackseries

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX Sensing
Country flag
I put 91 octane seems to have a little more power, some friends that also have a stock 2.0 drove my ktuned civic and even they noticed a performance diffrence and ask why mine was more "peppy" . So the people that are running rv6 downpipe do you guys notice even more power?

zabih107

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX
Country flag
I put 91 octane seems to have a little more power, some friends that also have a stock 2.0 drove my ktuned civic and even they noticed a performance diffrence and ask why mine was more "peppy" . So the people that are running rv6 downpipe do you guys notice even more power?
100% yes!!!
Especially in down low range of the rpm I have noticed more grunt.

Bru87tr

Yes, higher octane makes a difference. I know people here argue this and will say no.

I have a 2013 Honda Odessy and when I put higher octane in it, its more responsive.

When I got the civic I thought it was a huge difference in how it responded from 87 to 93.
Sponsored

Last edited by a moderator: