jred721

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Accord Sport
Country flag
I already said my bad for not realizing I was in the 2.0 thread. I don't hate the 2.0, its just not for me, I drove one as a loaner and it was not a fun car to drive at all. Vtec kicked in 300 rpms from when the transmission shifted and it lacked life. Im sure a Ktuner and a 6MT would help it out a lot but its a commuter a-b car. nothing wrong with that. Again, I now realize what thread im in and I treat you all accordingly going forward :)
To be fair, your "my bad" with the laughing emoji next to it didn't seem too sincere earlier, just saying. But not trying to drag this on man, my reaction was the way it was because there have been countless 2.0 threads that have been derailed by 1.5 owners coming in and bashing us. It gets extremely annoying when you're trying to have a productive discussion and someone comes in with "yeah but my tuned 1.5 would smoke your 2.0" and you're not even talking about it. That's why you'll see other 2.0 guys act similarly because they've all seen it.

As for the 2.0 being lifeless, KTuner certainly wakes it up. Not just power wise, but in driving experience as well. Hitting VTEC is legitimately fun now even in the CVT and with increased throttle response settings the engine feels really eager. My Daily has 456 HP and I still find driving the Civic pretty fun, that says a lot as I originally bought this car as an appliance. As far as aftermarket mods go, I really hope they start to catch up because there are a lot more owners with the K20C2 out there now with their new Civic Sports trying to modify, but the aftermarket is dead. Although personally, I'm not one to buy a CVT Civic and invest heavily into it with mods, rather do that with another car with more power potential and at least a real automatic transmission but I can definitely see how some might want to.
Sponsored

CobraCommand

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Canadian Civic LX Hatchback, formerly 2017 Canadian Civic LX Sedan
Country flag
I own a 2.0 and I'm not "afraid" of a turbo. I test drove both the 1.5 and 2.0 and felt they both were great in daily driving in the city and highway fun. The Canadian LX is the same as the US EX and it was a fantastic price so it was a no brainer for me. Besides, if I wanted a performance car I wouldn't be in a civic - type R excluded.

My down side is I've had a few surgeries on my left achilles tendon after a rugby accident (shout out to my fellow hookers) so MT is out for me for a daily driver as I get sore too easily, so that leaves me with the CVT.

All that said I recently got a Ktuner not expecting much other than increased throttle and it really has changed my 2.0 CVT and made it a fun experience to drive and dart through traffic. I'd highly recommend it for anyone.

Last edited:

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
I'm a 1.5T owner that's never bashed the 2.0...

Why would I? It's a fine engine and has enough power for 90% of the people buying Civics. Add a Ktuner tune and you've got a fun ride.

Fact is, Honda doesn't make a bad engine.

jred721

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Accord Sport
Country flag
I'm a 1.5T owner that's never bashed the 2.0...

Why would I? It's a fine engine and has enough power for 90% of the people buying Civics. Add a Ktuner tune and you've got a fun ride.

Fact is, Honda doesn't make a bad engine.
Very true. Thing is, you can't really say that about a lot of car companies but Honda legitimately does not make a bad engine at all, that's one of the reasons i'll always love them.

mvela

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic sedan lx 6mt and 2018 Honda Civic hatchback ex auto
Country flag
I have to agree that Honda has a great lineup of engines to choose from. I’ve never bashed any engine that they have made. As a matter of fact I was torn on what to buy when I bought my car because of the options. But I landed on the i-Vtec because I guess I’m old school like that lol. I just know it’s a proven engine that can take a beating and ask for more. I know I’m a very spirited driver so a 2.0 MT was what I had to have. Now with the Ktune and the Acuity stage 2 shift kit, my car is perfect for me. It is a blast to drive.

hfpdohc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hatch 2017 M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
i think that the 2.0 reminds me of when i had my R18.....didnt have a lot of option to play with and bolts on etc.....hope something come out like a supercharger or something like in the end production of the R18.....now that would be a whole other stories for you guys ;)

mvela

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
i think that the 2.0 reminds me of when i had my R18.....didnt have a lot of option to play with and bolts on etc.....hope something come out like a supercharger or something like in the end production of the R18.....now that would be a whole other stories for you guys ;)
I’m actually waiting to see if they ever come out with a supercharger for the 2.0. If they ever did this 2.0 would most likely put out about 250 hp with no other mods. Could you just imagine what this engine with a supercharger would sound like lol

jred721

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Accord Sport
Country flag
I’m actually waiting to see if they ever come out with a supercharger for the 2.0. If they ever did this 2.0 would most likely put out about 250 hp with no other mods. Could you just imagine what this engine with a supercharger would sound like lol
If they did, this car would be seriously fun. The 2.0 engine already sounds pretty good, a supercharger would just make it sound mean. Plus, it would give this car it's much needed increased torque.

Slyster9

First Name
Cesar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘16 civic cvt lx
Country flag
I dont think they are going to develop this. We can barely get a company to make us a catted downpipe or a new intake manifold let alone a supercharger kit.
So damn true, we’re gonna have to piece together old Honda parts to build a motor.

jred721

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Accord Sport
Country flag
I dont think they are going to develop this. We can barely get a company to make us a catted downpipe or a new intake manifold let alone a supercharger kit.
Thats true. And im even skeptical about the catted downpipe coming out, haven't heard much about it at all. I thought once the Civic sport was released that the aftermarket would start to catch up quicker, guess I was wrong.

mvela

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
The only company I have been told is going to develop the catted downpipe is Rv6, Once they catch up to all of their orders for the 1.5s.. I also thought the same thing that the aftermarket support would pick up since Sport model released

Hopefully by Q3 2019 We hear something about a catted downpipe coming out
Are y’all talking about this downpipe?

Honda Civic 10th gen CivicX 2.0L Tuning - BIG Gains Confirmed For The Second Time A79A1BD9-382F-44A3-8C8D-F7AF84C5AE9E

mvela

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
This is even a YouTube video of some guys installing it

87elco

First Name
Tj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1987 el camino ls swap, 18 civic 6speed, 86 Porsche 911 (euro spec)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Except the k20 is dohc and has more potential

CobraCommand

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Canadian Civic LX Hatchback, formerly 2017 Canadian Civic LX Sedan
Country flag
Are y’all talking about this downpipe?

A79A1BD9-382F-44A3-8C8D-F7AF84C5AE9E.png
This is even a YouTube video of some guys installing it
They are talking about a catted down pipe. That one is catless. No catalytic converter means issues in some places with inspections and also could lead to foul smelling exhaust. The hp gains with no cat are minimal and not worth it imo.
Sponsored