2.0L CivicX 2.0L Tuning - BIG Gains Confirmed For The Second Time

scallywag502

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic LX 2.0L CVT
Country flag
The K20C2 as of now is in 3 Trim levels of the civic.
LX
EX
Sport

Lets hope we get even more aftermarket support! I want to see 200Whp out of these motors with bolt ons and some minor upgrades like intake manifold and throttle body. By the end of 2019! Lets make it happen.
Ive seen a Skunk2 throttle body is available, but with the body in the K20C2’s being slightly at an upward tilt, i believe you’d have to purchas a new manifold, which there are none that seem to be available.
We can only hope for further developments!

zabih107

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX
Country flag
Yea I get alot of people tailgating me really bad after taking off from Redlights due to no power at all to help
Opposite is true in my case.
I got ktuner with throttle response LVL 2 , intake, downpipe, and muffler, and this is prett quick from stop. I almost always feel like a douche as if I'm trying to race people lol even though I don't have such intention. I also always fill 94 octane gas. Car is quick. Not fast. But quick.

Also the sound is so nice, it sounds like turbo with all the woosh noise it makes upfront.

Reactions: Myx

63blackseries

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX Sensing
Country flag
Opposite is true in my case.
I got ktuner with throttle response LVL 2 , intake, downpipe, and muffler, and this is prett quick from stop. I almost always feel like a douche as if I'm trying to race people lol even though I don't have such intention. I also always fill 94 octane gas. Car is quick. Not fast. But quick.

Also the sound is so nice, it sounds like turbo with all the woosh noise it makes upfront.
Lol same here people start trying to race or beat me now but i just have tune and higher octane

zabih107

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX
Country flag
I run 93 octane but no tune yet. I just started now before I order my Ktuner to fet used to the increased fuel cost.

Also no performance mods yet. I have an intake waiting to install and I am going to order the Ktuner and an exhaust
Personally for the exhaust I'm gonna go 2.5" with no mufflers and a vibrant 2.5" resonator.
I already have rv6 downpipe intake and ktuner.
I'm also gonna do dual outlet exhaust like this:
Honda Civic 10th gen CivicX 2.0L Tuning - BIG Gains Confirmed For The Second Time Screenshot_20190120-192509

Soon hopefully...

a c i d.f l y

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX 2.0 CVT Sedan w Sensing
Country flag
Using 93 octane on stock tune is only costing you money and potentially lost performance. The engine is firing based on the combustion performance of 89 octane. So I ask, why, really?

a c i d.f l y

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Personally for the exhaust I'm gonna go 2.5" with no mufflers and a vibrant 2.5" resonator.
I already have rv6 downpipe intake and ktuner.
I'm also gonna do dual outlet exhaust like this:
Screenshot_20190120-192509.jpg

Soon hopefully...
Planning to go 2.75" since that's the size of the outlet on the RV6 downpipe, and was also looking at the Vibrant resonator (but with 2.75 inlet/outlet) but with dual mufflers. Without a muffler the sound output is a lot higher than I want. I want soft, but aggressive, with clean, tapered sound profile.

zabih107

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX
Country flag
Planning to go 2.75" since that's the size of the outlet on the RV6 downpipe, and was also looking at the Vibrant resonator (but with 2.75 inlet/outlet) but with dual mufflers. Without a muffler the sound output is a lot higher than I want. I want soft, but aggressive, with clean, tapered sound profile.
Thats a very good idea..hmmmmm...

I thought rv6 dp is 2.5" so this whole time I'm think of 2.5" parts. How do u know it's 2.75"?

a c i d.f l y

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I misspoke. The interior exit diameter of the downpipe is 63mm or 2.48". I was mixing up folks talking about going 2.25 when that's effectively stock (1.85" at the narrowest point). So yes, a 2.5" back would match the diameter of the downpipe.

Leobro22

First Name
Leo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic 2.0
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Has anyone seen this?? The description says its for the 2.0. But there are no reviews or anything so im not sure about it.

Honda Civic 10th gen CivicX 2.0L Tuning - BIG Gains Confirmed For The Second Time A0EDB445-B1D7-40BE-9410-98A82FBBA1ED

87elco

First Name
Tj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1987 el camino ls swap, 18 civic 6speed, 86 Porsche 911 (euro spec)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Thats a very good idea..hmmmmm...

I thought rv6 dp is 2.5" so this whole time I'm think of 2.5" parts. How do u know it's 2.75"?
You have to have mufflers and resonator for a lower key sound.

OilChange123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic LX CVT
Country flag
Has anyone got 0-60 numbers after tuning? I'm curious to see who the potential competitors are after the tune.

mvela

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic sedan lx 6mt and 2018 Honda Civic hatchback ex auto
Country flag
I just ordered the Ktuner V1.2. I am keeping everything else stock on the car. I just think that the programmer gets rid of all the flaws that the car came with stock. Like reducing rev hang, improved throttle response, lowered VTEC so the car doesn’t lose power on the top end. And according to the website it also removes speed limiter to. All while unleashing a couple extra horsepower. I think it’s worth $450. It’s already fun to drive, I can’t wait to see how it runs after the tune
Sponsored