mvela

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic sedan lx 6mt and 2018 Honda Civic hatchback ex auto
Country flag
Nah we're just left in the dust somewhat because we unfortunately for whatever reason we got a 2.0L CVT over the 6MT or 1.5T w/ 6MT. In my case, I didn't get offered a 6MT 2.0L nor did I know Honda was offering one up. Although, I think it was only the LX trim and I have an EX.
Yup. When I got my lx I told them I specifically wanted the 2.0 with the 6mt. They said there was only three in the 5 state area but they didn’t have one there. They had to get mine from Louisiana and we were in Texas
Sponsored

mvela

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic sedan lx 6mt and 2018 Honda Civic hatchback ex auto
Country flag
My car is a 2018 2.0 lx with the 6mt. Does ktuner support my model? Or are they still working on an update. I’m not planning on changing intake or exhaust. My car is stock and just want to unleash a little more power and lower the vtec point. Because looks like factory it really seems to fall on its face at high rpm according to that dyno sheet

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T, 2015 Acura RDX AWD Tech
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
My car is a 2018 2.0 lx with the 6mt. Does ktuner support my model? Or are they still working on an update. I’m not planning on changing intake or exhaust. My car is stock and just want to unleash a little more power and lower the vtec point. Because looks like factory it really seems to fall on its face at high rpm according to that dyno sheet
yes, ktuner is the only company currently supporting the 2.0 non turbo version

frontlinegeek

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CRV Touring, 2017 Civic EX Sedan Honda Sensing
Country flag
Simulated gears too!
Wait a minute... Are you saying that the tune will set the CVT to use simulated gears instead of "normal" CVT mode? And if so, can that be toggled with the eco button? Man, if you say yes, that will only accelerate my purchase!

Aurelleah

First Name
Aurelleah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic EX in Modern Steel
Country flag
So in the sedan would that be only in S on the shifter positions?
I second this question c: if it applies to just S or also to D (I know it doesnt apply to L but L gets the RPM's up so slowly you hit the speed limit long before vtec kicks in even on highways)

indexcow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX (Crystal Black)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Wait a minute... Are you saying that the tune will set the CVT to use simulated gears instead of "normal" CVT mode? And if so, can that be toggled with the eco button? Man, if you say yes, that will only accelerate my purchase!
CVT uses simulated gearing if in a mode that "shifts".
@KTuner Is saying that the tune is already configured to engage vtec at the optimal RPM regardless of whether its a CVT or regardless of which simulated gear the CVT is in.

hfpdohc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hatch 2017 M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
should engage vtec at 4k....up to 7k...that would be sick!!!!

jred721

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Accord Sport
Country flag
5600 is the optimal point.
Any idea when quick adjustments will come out for the 2.0L tune? Would love to mess around with that.
Sponsored