Civic versus plywood

silverrascal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX hatch
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Another Civic spotted on Imgur but this time not in good way. Wood won.

Honda Civic 10th gen Civic versus plywood wUiatxh
Sponsored

joecin

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Touring-'18 Acura RDX Advance
Holy schit!

OP
OP
silverrascal

silverrascal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Did the driver survive?
According to the poster, the driver was unharmed... Luckily. And the truck driver who had the piece of plywood falling out of his truck was ticketed.

Axatax

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
In Malkuth, surrounded by evil, low on gas.
Vehicle(s)
2K Civic DX Coupe B18C5 (swap), 2017 Civic LX Coupe 6MT
Country flag
According to the poster, the driver was unharmed... Luckily. And the truck driver who had the piece of plywood falling out of his truck was ticketed.
If that board came though the window perpendicular we would be talking about a decapitation, for sure.

OP
OP
silverrascal

silverrascal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
If that board came though the window perpendicular we would be talking about a decapitation, for sure.
Whenever I see ANY commercial vehicle or truck carrying shit in the back, I avoid being behind them like the plague. I assume some shit is gonna fly off the back and ruin my day. Especially the bros that haul a ladder and aren’t properly tied down.

Axatax

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
In Malkuth, surrounded by evil, low on gas.
Vehicle(s)
2K Civic DX Coupe B18C5 (swap), 2017 Civic LX Coupe 6MT
Country flag
Whenever I see ANY commercial vehicle or truck carrying shit in the back, I avoid being behind them like the plague. I assume some shit is gonna fly off the back and ruin my day. Especially the bros that haul a ladder and aren’t properly tied down.
This was a major issue in Florida in the mid-2000's with construction vehicles dropping all kinds of junk in the road, and people impaled/dying from it. They've reined this in to a large extent but we still have these dump trucks carrying gravel spraying their load all over the place. It's completely infuriating. It won't kill you but these "gravel trucks" are going to mess up your car.

OP
OP
silverrascal

silverrascal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
This was a major issue in Florida in the mid-2000's with construction vehicles dropping all kinds of junk in the road, and people impaled/dying from it. They've reined this in to a large extent but we still have these dump trucks carrying gravel spraying their load all over the place. It's completely infuriating. It won't kill you but these "gravel trucks" are going to mess up your car.
Oh yeah gravel trucks I can spot a mile away. I’ll let BMWs and other fools blow past me and let them take the brunt of paint chips instead! lol

Billy4202

Banned
Banned
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 BNP Touring, '07 Mercury Milan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I always see people tailgating the ones who don't tie their crap down too. Like, buddy, if that couch falls out of their bed, or that wobbly ladder flies off the top of their van, you're not walking away.

krees

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R & 2020 Ridgeline BE
Country flag
I always see people tailgating the ones who don't tie their crap down too. Like, buddy, if that couch falls out of their bed, or that wobbly ladder flies off the top of their van, you're not walking away.
That's what I'm always thinking. Like these people can't look past their front feet. Maybe it's just me but I go though my entire day looking for contingency plans wherever I am. Knowing how few people actually properly secure stuff like that, I'm steering well clear. I actually expect that stuff to fly off and I'm planning out where it will hit and place myself accordingly. Lol I guess that's OCD

CivicXI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic EX-T, Civic EX HB
Country flag
I don't get the ticketing thing.

Someone could've easily died. A simple ticket is not going to deter anyone.

Also.. HOLY SHHHH!!!

xcoreflyup

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Hatchback Sport (Traded in), 2022 BIG PRIUS
Country flag
I had a couch sitting in the middle of the lane once. That was on a freeway where everyone does at least 65. Luckily that was a Saturday morning and no one was around me.

civicls

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX-T, 18' Odyssey Elite, 07' Sienna
Country flag
Funny, a friend of mine was following a poorly tied down ladder and off it flew and went straight underneath his 2005 Accord...no damage done. :drive:

Mick the Quick

First Name
Mick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 PMM Civic Type R (R-08508)
Country flag
I am glad the driver is okay.

That would make for a chitty obituary. . . . "On Tuesday, October 9, 2018, Civic Mary succumbed to a plywood flying off of a pickup truck. She leaves 4 lovely grandchildren who seem to think that is hilarious. Kids nowadays."

lhughes21

First Name
Levi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic SI, 2010 F150 XLT 5.4L
Country flag
Yea same here. Or at least, stay very far back!
Sponsored