Civic Type R vs Focus RS

zx2down

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Altima 2.5 S
So I'm sure this is a loaded question, but...
Type-R being had for (roughly before a markup)34K.
Focus RS being had for about 37K.

The Focus has +44Hp and 55TQ, and AWD for its extra 3K, what are the reasons to get a Type-R besides: cheaper, Honda fan?

Do we have any direct comparison videos/articles between the two? I feel like the R would seem like a better value if it came in around 30-32K.
Sponsored

Phantisy

First Name
Marshall
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.primalsynthetics.com
Vehicle(s)
'13 Honda Fit Sport, 17 Honda CTR
Country flag

The Focus has +44Hp and 55TQ, and AWD for its extra 3K, what are the reasons to get a Type-R besides: cheaper, Honda fan?

Do we have any direct comparison videos/articles between the two? I feel like the R would seem like a better value if it came in around 30-32K.
I do not trust Ford quality. When Hondata get a CTR to play with flash pro on I am thinking they will push to 330-350HP

jonnys_honda

First Name
Jonny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R #1288
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

Build quality. Honda Formula-1 Race history. Transmissions in a honda are bulletproof. Honda Interior styling is leaps ahead.

lbiaggi

First Name
Light
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Honda Prelude SI

It is simple you are talking about FORD . THERE are many reasons not to buy a ford regardless you love honda toyota or dodge

OP
OP

zx2down

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Altima 2.5 S
I do not trust Ford quality. When Hondata get a CTR to play with flash pro on I am thinking they will push to 330-350HP
Ford has been killing it in rally cars since the 70's. It's their European division's bread and butter as much as the Mustangs is to the US.

Also comparing a tuned car to a stock one isn't very proper. If you want to take that route the RS will put down 340+HP and 425+TQ to the wheel with just a tune.

typerfanboy282

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volkswagen Jetta Mark VI
these will easily surpass rs numbers , our engine isn't maxed out, ford rs is maxed literally can not add anything else without paying serious money for upgrades unless you want to blow the motor plus its a ford? lol

OP
OP

zx2down

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Altima 2.5 S
It is simple you are talking about FORD . THERE are many reasons not to buy a ford regardless you love honda toyota or dodge
Be useful or don't bother. I have had fewer issues with all of my Fords than my brother or mother have had INDIVIDUALLY with any of their Hondas.

ZdH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ACURA TSX Superchrged, 2010 Honda Accord, 1999 Honda Accord
Country flag
That's really why I'm asking. If pound for lb the Focus is a better performer (which I don't 100% know that, that's why I asked about comparisons) for a 3k difference why not get the RS? You get 15% more power and AWD. That's nothing to laugh at.
Wit her 15% More power you get 15% more weight. the RS is almost 3500 pounds.

OP
OP

zx2down

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Altima 2.5 S
Does the RS have a posted time on Nurburgring? Also, I read somewhere Ford puts some kind of cheap plastic block plate on the intercooler to help with condensation and detonation. Any truth to that? Quality seems suspect if thats the case.
They did put a plate on because it was cooling to efficiently for the road. they recommend removing it when driving hard for extended periods.

OP
OP

zx2down

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Altima 2.5 S
Wit her 15% More power you get 15% more weight. the RS is almost 3500 pounds.
Thank you. See, this is the kind of response I was looking for, not fanboy BS.

typerfanboy282

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volkswagen Jetta Mark VI
Ford has been killing it in rally cars since the 70's. It's their European division's bread and butter as much as the Mustangs is to the US.

Also comparing a tuned car to a stock one isn't very proper. If you want to take that route the RS will put down 340+HP and 425+TQ to the wheel with just a tune.

you should go join the ford rs forums bud ? this is honda civic forums lol

exyia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 SportTouring Hatch, 2010 EvoX SE
Country flag
Visit Vorshlaq's blog/website for the Focus RS and you'll feel cheated for how much money they're charging for them. FWD when the rear diff overheats, paper thin drive shaft, mostly steel suspension, terrible clearance for light suspension mods, mediocre handling when driven by an experienced driver, I could go on, but it's all on their website

The Focus RS is the most overhyped car since the BRZ/FRS pre-release hype.

The Type R might be too, but I have never rolled my eyes so much at a car as I have the Focus RS

TypeR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 CBP CTR, '17 SGP SPORT TOURING 6MT(SOLD)
Country flag

The extra power will be negated by the type R being 300-500lbs(?) lighter and less drivetrain losses. The RS will be quicker off the line because of the AWD but that's it. However if you bought either of these cars for drag racing I'd say you bought the wrong car. The lighter weight in the Type R should make for a more nimble fun to drive vehicle for less money. RS will be better in the snow though. :)