Civic Type R Prototype shows in Montreal

17CivicTypeR_Brian

Aiming for 400whp out of the TypeR.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Black CTR #4071, 16 MDX Tech
Country flag
Looks like the front fogs are HIDs and not halogens?

Still don't understand why all of the turn signals aren't LEDs as they are probably one of the cheapest safety features to implement.

Are the non-EDM CTRs not getting rear fogs? The non-EDM S2000s didn't get rear fogs either, had to get the parts from Honda UK and got them installed here. Useful safety feature in fog and in heavy rain and looks OEM.
Pssh yeah right. No way we get rear fogs here...or heated seats, power fold mirrors, and I'm sure a bunch of other features. Hopefully they're easy to swap out!

On the LED topic - I'm hoping we move toward the flat OLED's that we keep seeing at CES. Imagine if the taillights didn't need any 'depth' and could basically be slapped on the rear of the car...then hacked and customized...
Sponsored

BABear70

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017' Honda Civic Type R in Ralley Red R-04344, 2016' Honda Civic Touring Sedan in Ralley Red, 1997' Honda Civic CX Hatchback in Electron Blue Pearl
Country flag
Looks like the front fogs are HIDs and not halogens?

Still don't understand why all of the turn signals aren't LEDs as they are probably one of the cheapest safety features to implement.

Are the non-EDM CTRs not getting rear fogs? The non-EDM S2000s didn't get rear fogs either, had to get the parts from Honda UK and got them installed here. Useful safety feature in fog and in heavy rain and looks OEM.
The fogs look like LEDs, not HIDs.

I was also peeved my 16' Civic Touring didn't come with more LEDs all around but I went ahead and replaced almost all exterior and interior lights with LED counterparts.

Love how all looks like now.

BA...

OP
OP
asiandeity

asiandeity

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Honda Civic SI, 2017 Civic Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
What the hell do you need center channel for? Are you getting this car to watch movies or drive?
I never said I wanted a center channel. I was just stating that the Sport Touring comes with 12 speakers which include a center channel, but the Type R does not. So the sound system is similar to the Sport Touring. It's in between the EX and Sport Touring.

NorthernEX-T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Type R
Vehicle Showcase
I PM'd him a few days ago, way ahead of ya...lol I said it in another post, Honda's gonna have to offer a "smaller" 19" under accessories lol
It's actually a reasonable deal IMO, depending on Shipping obviously..

RockyD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Kia Optima SXL, 2015 Honda CRV EX, 2016 Honda Civic EX-T, 2003 Lancer Evolution
I want a Type R in the worst way but the more I look at this thing the more I dislike it. I feel like its a hodge podge of parts stuck to a regular Civic. What I loved about the older Integra and Civic Type R's were their simple clean lines. I'm not getting that vibe from this car...maybe its just me or maybe it will grow on me.

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T, 2015 Acura RDX AWD Tech
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I want a Type R in the worst way but the more I look at this thing the more I dislike it. I feel like its a hodge podge of parts stuck to a regular Civic. What I loved about the older Integra and Civic Type R's were their simple clean lines. I'm not getting that vibe from this car...maybe its just me or maybe it will grow on me.
While it may appear to be a hodgepodge of parts slapped on a civic, this one will have an engine unlike anything we have ever seen from Honda in a mass produced tuner car

RockyD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Kia Optima SXL, 2015 Honda CRV EX, 2016 Honda Civic EX-T, 2003 Lancer Evolution
While it may appear to be a hodgepodge of parts slapped on a civic, this one will have an engine unlike anything we have ever seen from Honda in a mass produced tuner car
Trust me, I know everything there is to know about the car and how it differs from a "regular" civic. So much more than just the engine. I'm sure seeing it in person in Champ White will change my entire opinion.

Eddie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Type R 2014 Pilot 08 Mugen Si
Country flag
I never said I wanted a center channel. I was just stating that the Sport Touring comes with 12 speakers which include a center channel, but the Type R does not. So the sound system is similar to the Sport Touring. It's in between the EX and Sport Touring.
I'm sure there will be quite a few differences from say a Touring, IMHO this is how Honda will make up the difference while not over pricing the car. They've done stuff like this in the past. An example is how they offered the Mugen Si in 08 for 30k with no Nav.

NorthernEX-T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Type R
Vehicle Showcase
@S2000Forever :bow: for giving us a glimpse
What do you think @RockyD ?
Honda Civic 10th gen Civic Type R Prototype shows in Montreal IMG_0630.JPG
Honda Civic 10th gen Civic Type R Prototype shows in Montreal IMG_0629.JPG

OceanView18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX Hatchback
Strange question but anyone know if the actual Type-R will come with a sunroof ? To me that would be a complete deal breaker - (the Golf R has taken this approach, no sunroofs but the lesser GTI does!) Hoping this will be an option at least and on a car that will cost $35k or more it should be. Sure a sunroof adds a bit of weight, but except for a sliver of potential buyers, people will not be racing these daily - call it a boy racer car, or track vehicles or what you will - a sunroof should be an option.

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Strange question but anyone know if the actual Type-R will come with a sunroof ? To me that would be a complete deal breaker - (the Golf R has taken this approach, no sunroofs but the lesser GTI does!) Hoping this will be an option at least and on a car that will cost $35k or more it should be. Sure a sunroof adds a bit of weight, but except for a sliver of potential buyers, people will not be racing these daily - call it a boy racer car, or track vehicles or what you will - a sunroof should be an option.
It's a race car for the street, no sunroof. You can always find a shop to chop a hole in your roof aftermarket though

OceanView18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX Hatchback
yeah I think that would be the way to go - at this point I'll take the Si IF it comes as a hatchback as many have speculated it probably will.

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
yeah I think that would be the way to go - at this point I'll take the Si IF it comes as a hatchback as many have speculated it probably will.
Coupe and Sedan are the SI versions.
Sponsored