SoSimple

First Name
Dimitri
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Si
Country flag
Hello everyone. I heard a rumor that the 2019 will be the last year for the type r. Seeing that honda’s Website has no mention of a 2020 right now, I tend to believe it. Does anyone have any info on this?
Sponsored

RedGiant217

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Honda Accord
Country flag
No info yet. Just rumors. First I've heard of a rumor that 2019 will be the last year. Seems most believe that 2020 could be.

leehom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda, back at it again
Country flag
It's possible 2019 could be the last year due to the issues at Brexit. Last year we were able to track the 2019 shipment coming in early November. Has anyone tried to see if any 2020's are in the pipeline?

willskiGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R #26262
Country flag
Hello everyone. I heard a rumor that the 2019 will be the last year for the type r. Seeing that honda’s Website has no mention of a 2020 right now, I tend to believe it. Does anyone have any info on this?
Certainly possible. Large amount of uncertainty surrounding the much delayed Brexit, and the Swindon (UK) plant is set to close in Q1 2021, partially due to Brexit.

Used/new values have definitely softened over the last 6 months. I bought my car for MSRP at the end of June and had to travel ~600 miles to get that deal, since there were very, very few CTRs at or below MSRP at the time. Now, you can easily find sub-MSRP deals (even below the "old" $36,620 MSRP).

If 2019 was the last year, values would definitely stop declining and perhaps even increase a bit in the near term.

RType

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Country flag
I think we will at least see a 2020 model. There's been a number of sightings of camo'd Type-R's with the new 2020 bumper vent changes. Also, don't forget this picture of a Type R with updated vents and smaller wing:
Honda Civic 10th gen Civic Type R Production Question upload_2019-11-21_10-25-25

willskiGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R #26262
Country flag
I think we will at least see a 2020 model. There's been a number of sightings of camo'd Type-R's with the new 2020 bumper vent changes. Also, don't forget this picture of a Type R with updated vents and smaller wing:
upload_2019-11-21_10-25-25.png
If Honda was a European or American manufacturer, I would definitely agree. Anything US or European that you see testing on the Nurbrurgring is a pre-production test car and will generally make it into production.

But spy shots of a Japanese car at the 'Ring don't mean anything. Lexus tested multiple iterations of the LFA, beginning in 2003, discarding several designs before the production LFA emerged 7 years later. Honda tested the 2nd gen NSX for several years before cancelling it entirely (front engined V10 - eventually was turned into the HSV-010 Super GT car).

So, you never actually know if all of these Type R variants they are testing will really be produced. I would guess that there will be a 2020 CTR, but each day that passes makes it less and less likely.

JayDiem

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 FK8, 2007 Ram 1500, 2000 CRV
Country flag
My god that abandoned 2nd gen V10 NSX is a thing of beauty.

Z3papa

First Name
Clark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R, 2011 BMW M3
Country flag
Certainly possible. Large amount of uncertainty surrounding the much delayed Brexit, and the Swindon (UK) plant is set to close in Q1 2021, partially due to Brexit.

Used/new values have definitely softened over the last 6 months. I bought my car for MSRP at the end of June and had to travel ~600 miles to get that deal, since there were very, very few CTRs at or below MSRP at the time. Now, you can easily find sub-MSRP deals (even below the "old" $36,620 MSRP).

If 2019 was the last year, values would definitely stop declining and perhaps even increase a bit in the near term.
I hope you're not relying on the prices shown on Cargurus.com or Cars.com because several dealerships which showed cars at sub MSRP indicated when I called the actual price of the car was many $1000's higher than what is listed. One in fact had a different price for the exact same car on two sites. When I called to see which price was legit, I was told the price on the phone would be what they were offering it for regardless of what is listed. It's called bait and switch folks.

WindJunkie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE USA-367, 2011 Civic Si (FA5)
Country flag
I hope you're not relying on the prices shown on Cargurus.com or Cars.com
I second this. When I bought my CTR earlier this year, there were dozens of dealers showing MSRP as the price tag (sometimes even LESS than MSRP), only to find out once you spoke with the dealer on a call or in person that the price was not accurate...at all.

willskiGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R #26262
Country flag
I hope you're not relying on the prices shown on Cargurus.com or Cars.com because several dealerships which showed cars at sub MSRP indicated when I called the actual price of the car was many $1000's higher than what is listed. One in fact had a different price for the exact same car on two sites. When I called to see which price was legit, I was told the price on the phone would be what they were offering it for regardless of what is listed. It's called bait and switch folks.
Yes, that's why I ended up buying mine 600 miles from home. Basically called every dealership with a CW CTR listed at MSRP in an ever-increasing radius from Atlanta until I found one willing to actually sell at MSRP (600 miles away in rural Louisiana).

But my point was that more and more folks are reporting sub-MSRP deals and the price of used CTRs has definitely fallen compared to 6 months ago (I have been tracking to estimate depreciation). I'm sure there are still ridiculous markups in specific markets (CA), but overall, demand and supply are more evenly matched now than they were in the past.

Mature Banana

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTR
Country flag
I picked up my 2019 CTR from the dealer last year on November 11, so I figured we’d start seeing MY20 models by mid Nov this year.
Sponsored